Photo

GTA: San Andreas Alternative Car Modding

7 replies to this topic
SanAndreasAgent
  • SanAndreasAgent

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:47 PM Edited by SanAndreasAgent, 16 October 2017 - 01:49 PM.

Alternative Car Modding: Is It Possible?

I have had an idea of an alternative way of replacing a .dff and .txd file of a car (or any vehicles). I thought about it, but I wasn't still able to take it into action.

So here's the example:

I saw a Ford Mustang GT350r mod. I downloaded it and it replaced the buffalo (.txd and .dff). Then, I went back to see other car mods again. I saw a Chevrolet Camaro SS. I downloaded it, but it also needs to be replaced with the buffalo (.txd and .dff).

And here's the idea:

I will try to change by renaming the Chevrolet Camaro SS file (buffalo.txd and buffalo.dff) to a different type of car (e.g cheetah.txd and cheetah.dff).

Finally, here's the question:

Is it possible to import the renamed mod file to the .img file, without crashing the game or have glitches (e.g collision and textures) on the car used?

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

I clawed my way out of Willamette

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:53 PM Edited by Richie Makyura, 16 October 2017 - 05:53 PM.

its better add them replace vehicles, if you replace, every vehicle have is own strings and lines, the unique thing you can edit its the cars sound effects.

SanAndreasAgent
  • SanAndreasAgent

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

@Richie Makyurya Let's say I've changed the handling and the other strings, would it still be possible to replace the vehicle with another type of vehicle just like on the example specified?

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

I clawed my way out of Willamette

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

yes, the only things you can,t change is the sfx of vehicles, rc vehicles, planes and boats

DragonSC
  • DragonSC

I'm livin' lonely baby, Like Stranger In Moscow...

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

I think everybody (and me) does same.

RED64
  • RED64

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, that's pretty standard, in fact, some mod managers let you choose what car to replace and even edit the Handling lines on the spot. 

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Lets say that the car you downloaded replaces Buffalo. Yes, you can manually rename it and replace it with a Cheetah. Also, to avoid any crash or handling issues, you can copy the handling & data supplied for the car, then by manually editing the default.dat and handling.cfg you can get it to work. SAMI or San Andreas mod installer allows you to replace the designed car with other cars when you use a .SAMI version of the mod.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago

SAMI? What? Every normal person uses Mod Loader, not that outdated thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users