Quantcast

» «
Photo

Crashing when loading

Best Answer CallumL, 15 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

What O/S?

Have a look at your C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\launcher.log for clues.

Edit: I have fixed this, I was snooping in the folders and noticed there was still some files left over from OpenIV, which I found rather strange as it was uninstalled and I reinstalled the entire game, but deleting that file seemed to fix the issue perfectly. :) 

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic
CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

I haven't played GTA V in a long time, but I've recently been itching to replay it. However everytime I'm loading up campaign, after a couple of minutes I get "GTA V has stopped working, close program". I initially thought it were due to mods, so I removed everything associating to this and tried to re-verifying my game files. This still didn't fix this issue. I then uninstalled GTA V, removed anything related to it from my computer and then re-downloaded it from Steam, feeling pretty confident it'd work this time I booted it up but again the same error appeared. I'm stumped on how to fix this, I know for a fact it's not an issue with my pc, as it use to play it on High settings and I can run newer games on high too, any suggestions? 

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

What O/S?

Have a look at your C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\launcher.log for clues.

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:27 PM   Best Answer Edited by CallumL, 15 October 2017 - 07:27 PM.

What O/S?

Edit: I have fixed this, I was snooping in the folders and noticed there was still some files left over from OpenIV, which I found rather strange as it was uninstalled and I reinstalled the entire game, but deleting that file seemed to fix the issue perfectly. :) 

• smurfynz likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users