Photo

Why can we still not buy the Railgun?

84 replies to this topic
Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Black-Dragon96, 4 weeks ago.

@Irish Hunter.
Well the reload of the explosive sniper is about as long as the railgun reload and that thing has a 4 bullet mag compared to the 1bullet in the railgun.

It's also like, 5 times weaker. I'd much rather fight someone with the sniper than the railgun.
Its not really weaker. For both weapons 1 shot destroys every regular car and heli, 2 destroy stuff like the armored schafter. And even if the explosive sniper is weaker, the higher mag size makes them about equal.
I personally would rather fight someone with a railgun because it has no zoom and is unable to do quick followupshots.

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PwnageSoldier, 4 weeks ago.

Oh yeah guys, if you want to use the railgun, just simply do the SP to MP glitch.
You can also use the taser.

EDIT: IMO the railgun is more powerful. The energy shot is a explosive and will down a Buzzard 1HKO. I havent seen a EXP Heavy Sniper do this ever, so while it may lack mag size, it has way more of a punch. You should remember too that this thing has around the same range as the Heavy Sniper, so its a Sniper RPG.

But youd have to admit, grinding would be a whole lot easier with this auto aim death cannon.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The railgun's range is nowhere near the range of the heavy sniper. Not even close.

I'd say it makes up for that by packing slightly more of a punch.
  • Criminal-Fox likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I reckon we'll get it in the last update/dlc before they leave this version of GTAO alone for good. They'll probably add everything we've wanted and then let us get on with it.

They'll never gonna add what I really wanted.

Proper game balance, that's it.

For the Railgun, what if it loses its lock-on feature?

Also it shouldn't be locked behind nonsensical paywalls, the Railgun was originally a Returning Player Bonus weapon, just like the Duke O'Death was.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Exactly as the title says, Why can we still not buy the Railgun? it works perfectly in Online and it can't even be considered unbalanced anymore since we have the Explosive ammo for the Heavy Sniper MK2. Eh, maybe it'll be part of Festive Surprise 2017...

It'll probably become available with a update later on. Possibly within the final update of GTAO just like with the jetpack.

But... this is Rockstar. They already made a stance on not allowing us to have fun. So in short, it'll never become available in GTAO.
  • Rafae and KWF1981 like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm all for the Railgun being made available online now that we have the weaponised vehicles and Mk II weapons.

There is no reason now for the restrictions imposed of certain things being available only in story mode. That said I do like the fact that it does appear online albeit

only in the gunrunning missions and I do enjoy getting to kill players with it when doing that mission.

• Rafae and Nossirag like this

WannaDJ
  • WannaDJ

YouTuber ▶️

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by WannaDJ, 4 weeks ago.

Too OP, IMO. Would ruin free mode.

Edit: MK II Sniper already ruined heavy sniper PvP, so this would just make it worse.

• Rafae, The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Edit: MK II Sniper already ruined heavy sniper PvP, so this would just make it worse.

Can't ruin ruined though surely.

• REXX, Criminal-Fox, Nossirag and 1 other like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Happy Hunter, 4 weeks ago.

@Irish Hunter.
Well the reload of the explosive sniper is about as long as the railgun reload and that thing has a 4 bullet mag compared to the 1bullet in the railgun.

It's also like, 5 times weaker. I'd much rather fight someone with the sniper than the railgun.
Its not really weaker. For both weapons 1 shot destroys every regular car and heli, 2 destroy stuff like the armored schafter. And even if the explosive sniper is weaker, the higher mag size makes them about equal.
I personally would rather fight someone with a railgun because it has no zoom and is unable to do quick followupshots.

I'm sorry, but this is fake news. The explosive sniper does not destroy a heli in one hit. For most, one will make it smoke, then it'll still take another, and the third will destroy it.

Savage takes 4 to explode. Havok takes 5, and sometimes it even won't smoke at the first hit.

The Hunter and Cargobob - those take a decent amount of hits too.

All of these would be reduced to one, or at best maybe two for the Hunter/Savage/'Bob.

It's similar with land vehicles. Armoured ones can soak up a lot of explosive sniper hits, as they're weaker (similar to the Valkyrie). Wouldn't be the case with the railgun.

Also, needing a reload after each shot is in many ways a large bonus over the sniper. A sniper will lose 4 shots for each death, whereas with this you'd lose one. Think of it like the grenade launcher vs RPG, where you just can't die holding the grenade launcher or you'll lose your ammo.

Can't ruin ruined though surely.

Things can always get worse. Just because some don't care for the game anymore, doesn't mean it should be ruined for those still trying to hang on despite its problems.

This would be another 20 explosive rounds for people, with no risks when it comes to dying while holding it, no reason not to spam it, possibly the ability to buy ammo from the interaction menu, the power of an RPG or so, auto aim ... God, it'd be a terrible move. Without severe nerfing anyway, and there's not guarantee at all they'd do that.

• The-Irish-Hunter and WannaDJ like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 4 weeks ago.

^ Enjoy your helicopter man...

It came at a cost!.

(A few other things mind, but of GTA legend is true, that things gonna own even the jet experts - The actual good pilots - not the twats... Though often one and the same, lol).
  • Criminal-Fox likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

^ Enjoy your helicopter man...

It came at a cost!.

I would say (or hope/assume) the cost was the explosive sniper, and the ton of anti-air stuff they released in gunrunning. Did people think that stuff was dumped in their lap for nothing?

I don't think more than that is necessary, and haven't really seen much of a case for it other than that the games is already ruined.

• Criminal-Fox and The-Irish-Hunter like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 4 weeks ago.

I mis-read, my bad...

Yeah, gunrunning was the breaking point here... But I do feel that hunter will be OP... Super OP.

With what else is, the Railgun really makes no difference IMO...

Peace.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

@ Happy Hunter well them the explosive sniper that one guy used on me/ my poor buzzard was somehow modified. My apology.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

@ Happy Hunter well them the explosive sniper that one guy used on me/ my poor buzzard was somehow modified. My apology.

No need to apologize. It could be lag - sometimes I get hit multiple times all at once, it's like the hits don't register, and then suddenly they do all at once.

The helicopters are incredibly vulnerable to the sniper anyway, I'm not trying to play that down too much. But this could easily be the final nail in the coffin.

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well an option would be to lower the damage a bit and make the reload time a little longer.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Watch the Mk2 Marksman Rifle get railgun rounds :D

• Nossirag likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Watch the minigun get explosive rounds.

Take my money.
  • Nossirag likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

Watch the RPG get explosive rounds.

... wait, wot? :p
  • Arrows to Athens and KWF1981 like this

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Explosive Sniper is gated by Research and Money Gates. Plus you'll run out eventually and you can't refill it at Ammu-Nation

The Railgun has none of those drawbacks and can be instantly bought at level 1 for 250,000, which is cheap by today's standards 

Turbulence
  • Turbulence

Bati lightning

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Explosive Sniper is gated by Research and Money Gates. Plus you'll run out eventually and you can't refill it at Ammu-Nation

The Railgun has none of those drawbacks and can be instantly bought at level 1 for 250,000, which is cheap by today's standards 

Tell us more about where you buy the railgun.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Single player? Returning player content? What, You don't know this?

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

the railgun is way more op than the hitscan death rifle, as it chews through armoured vehicles much faster.

plus if you could buy it then there'd be no point in research
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Turbulence
  • Turbulence

Bati lightning

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Single player? Returning player content? What, You don't know this?
I did not. I completed the story twice on last gen so I never bothered with it. :p

Still, the point stands.

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm all for it. I still have not once been taken out while in any vehicle with the explosive sniper.

Just take away its auto aim, reduce its power a bit, slap a hefty price tag on it and its ammo or make it difficult to get, and just finally let me use the dang thing whenever I want.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Railgun will happen right around the time you start getting this message from Rockstar:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users