Photo

Enemy AI vs Friend AI

8 replies to this topic
Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Square Civilian

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:50 PM Edited by Colonel _Cortez, 14 October 2017 - 02:52 PM.

How comes that the AI of your enemies is so much better than the ones of your friends?

When you start a gang war and fight ballas or vagos they are pretty tough and have high accuracy. Sure they don't use any strategy and tend to doodle around or end up in a complete different hood, but they still put a good fight and especially when they are armed with AKs they become quite dangerous and can kill you real fast.

But the AI of your friends however is horrible. When you recruit grove members they can't shoot for sh*t and get killed in the first wave (sometimes they all die before the war even begins when the frightened civilian car drivers roadkill them out of panick)

This really bothers me to this day.

• Axel2 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

If the "friendly" AI was better, the action play of Carl would be negated somewhat.

The game is supposed to the Player, not the machine program.
That is why there is the traffic issues in the LV area, and to a lesser extend elsewhere.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 14 October 2017 - 06:22 PM.

One big factor should be "car AI". Enemy accuracy is increased three-fold when you are inside a car. R* put in a bug, though, so that you do not need to be inside the car, it is enough that it still exists.
[any non-bike vehicle, to be precise]

This often affects missions. Often times, the game despawns your car before long "on foot shooting action", ending the "car AI" - but not every mission does, e.g. Green Goo. There, the car you use to drive to the mission does not despawn, causing "car AI". That is why we switch to the PCJ when we do that mission in speedruns (in categories where we don't skip it with glitches :D).

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

I assume it's set up to show semi-realistic outcomes, at least for fights where you even bother to pick up homies. As enemies are peppered by your superior gunfire, your allies fall at the same rate, giving the illusion of a gang war or even a fair fight - after all, you turn up armed to the teeth and the sleepy Vagos have peashooters between them. It's also to give more gaming satisfaction, if only for a second. Your homies didn't make it... but you survived.

As it happens, I'd trade all that for AI actually worth a damn.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

I clawed my way out of Willamette

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:37 PM Edited by Richie Makyura, 14 October 2017 - 08:37 PM.

Its a law from the Videogames, Enemy have better AI Than your allies.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

I think its more to do with the Ballas/Vagos having better weapons and the Families' AI being too focussed on following you.

When they're not grouped with you, they're actually not half-bad in a fight. Only problem is that they'll rarely be in that situation.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:08 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 15 October 2017 - 11:08 AM.

I think its more to do with the Ballas/Vagos having better weapons and the Families' AI being too focussed on following you.

When they're not grouped with you, they're actually not half-bad in a fight. Only problem is that they'll rarely be in that situation.

they are in that "not grouped" situation at will, you press gang stay button, H on PC & d-pad down on gamepad/controller

SonnyNapoli
  • SonnyNapoli

Wiseguy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

Oh indeed.

I use Group Adjustment Cleo to fix this problem. It makes recruited allies really useful, as they have much more hp, fixed accuracy and gives you special abbilities, like giving them your weapons and stuff like that.

• Jeansowaty and Am Shaegar like this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by KingD19, 2 weeks ago.

This obvious because it be 4 men vs like 15 ballas or vagos I protect my dudes more then they fight in a war. It's basically bullets flying from every where and they don't take cover like in gta v so we just in the middle of the war zone taking every bullet

I would of rather wanted gsf to be strong too also like the vercetti gang when I play vc and those Haitians try to run up on the taxi shop vercetti gang send them back in a blood bath or running back to their block lmao hand to hand combat I noticed tho they pretty much the same i remember chasing a Rollin height balla from Jefferson all the way to ganton and he took a wrong turn and went down Grove Street his car blew up and he got ran up on by a Grove Street member and they went one on one and the balla got knocked out quick.

Ballas more stronger in numbers too just we is if I have like 7 of us and two ballas run up with guns they get aired out quick just like my people would it's so satisfying to watching them go through what we been going through for years

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users