Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Steam Won't Start on Win 10

Best Answer Reacon, 14 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Try installing 1.0.7.0 into your directory and running it from LaunchGTAIV, and make sure to press Offline.

1.0.7.0 manual install: https://www.4shared....IV_patch_7.html(I use this one myself)

when it asks if you want to replace files click yes. Let me know how you get on

(BACK UP FILES FIRST) 

Go to the full post

10 replies to this topic
kelltech
  • kelltech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:27 PM Edited by kelltech, 13 October 2017 - 09:36 PM.

Hello,

I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working for GTA IV through Steam on Win 10. 

With the XLiveLess fix, I am able to get to the license and legal screen, but no farther. I have to force a reboot to get out of it.

Last night I uninstalled and redownloaded through Steam, and without the XLiveLess I can't get past the Social Club pop up. I click "Play" and the Social Club disappears and nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I've tried the XLiveLess fix and it didn't work. I've tried compatibility mode with Win 7, XP SP2, and a handful of other stuff through my searching and none of it works. I've tried everything I could find except running a crack because I paid for the game and I don't want to get in trouble with Steam or anyone else.

If anyone has any idea of what I could do to play, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Reacon
  • Reacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

Hello, what launcher(.exe)do you use to start your game?

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Try clicking play offline

kelltech
  • kelltech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

I also bought EFLC at the same time I bought GTAIV and EFLC does launch, but of course I have the graphics issue where it can't see my 4GB nVidia. Another issue, another post I guess!

Hello, what launcher(.exe)do you use to start your game?

I've tried launching from Steam and directly from GTAIV.exe and LaunchGTAIV. I have to force reboot from the license screen with any of those.

Try clicking play offline

I don't see a play offline option. :(

Reacon
  • Reacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

What version of the game are you running?

kelltech
  • kelltech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

What version of the game are you running?

It is 1.0.8.0 according to the properties of GTAIV.exe. I'm guessing Steam auto updated to that version.

Reacon
  • Reacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:38 PM   Best Answer

Try installing 1.0.7.0 into your directory and running it from LaunchGTAIV, and make sure to press Offline.

1.0.7.0 manual install: https://www.4shared....IV_patch_7.html(I use this one myself)

when it asks if you want to replace files click yes. Let me know how you get on

(BACK UP FILES FIRST) 

kelltech
  • kelltech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by kelltech, 14 October 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

I followed the steps exactly and checked the version is 1.0.7.0 then launched from LaunchGTAIV but I'm still hung up on the license screen. What a headache lol!

EDIT: I rebooted and tried again by launching LaunchGTAIV as admin and it launched. Now on to problem #2... it sees my 4GB video card as 360MB  :panic:

Reacon
  • Reacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:43 PM Edited by Reacon, 14 October 2017 - 08:44 PM.

Glad that worked for you! For the video card issue, try making a file in your GTA IV directory called "commandine.txt" and type in the following statement inside this file - "availablevidmem 4.0". Also try increasing and decreasing the numbers to see if it helps.

EDIT: also since your game is now on 1.0.7.0 you can use mods like native trainer, LCPDFR etc.
  • kelltech likes this

kelltech
  • kelltech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Working really good so far. I finally get to see this game, thanks for all of your help Reacon!  :r*:

Reacon
  • Reacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

No problem!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users