Quantcast

» «
Photo

Special discounts for some players - how they activate that ?

31 replies to this topic
tasic89
  • tasic89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted A week ago

Today, my friend told me to buy Hydra for a discount for 1.9, and than to try them out.

But, my Hydra is 3 million as usual. Then I searched it on google, and saw some guy asking "how his friends got hydra for 35% off, while I didn't" ...

Do Rockstar pick up randomly this players for this special "not official" discounts, or players "trigger" them somehow... Like they own a Steam version (I have Social Club version), they subscribed for something...

In like 3 months of owning a game, I never saw any of those "special discounts", only official ones... 

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yes, it's random. I got same discount too.

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by PNutterSammich, A week ago.

There are several theories. Most are related to how long a player has been active, how active in a given time frame a player may be, how much GTA cash they have and how likely they are to buy shark cards to take advantage of the offer being made.

I got a lot more offers a few months ago when I was sub $5mill. Now that I'm hovering around $15 -$17mill offers are nowhere to be seen.

Of course now that I've said this, watch a guy with $200mill say he gets offers all the time....

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Beep Beep, I'm a Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I have 300 million and I get these offers a lot. Some people I know under 1 million have never got them. It's completely random.

• crsN likes this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I have 300 million and I get these offers a lot. Some people I know under 1 million have never got them. It's completely random.

See?

FML
  • Zibulaatio, HeavyDuke, chef_archie and 2 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Some of my accounts are on it, some not.. all of them have between 50 and 150 million

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

how do you know if r* selected you for the discount and is it legit?

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I could sure go for a discount Hydra right about now...
  • chef_archie likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

They wait until you own everything they're going to discount, then give you it ;)

• hotrats773, ash-274, Xiled and 4 others like this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

They wait until you own everything they're going to discount, then give you it ;)

That's how it works for me. Anytime I've made any major purchases immediately the next day it goes on sale. Every. Single. Time.
  • Gridl0k and crsN like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

You won't...

I believe it's just a lotto type scenario... More for longer term players possibly, or those that play for many hours per week...

During the 1st half of 2017, I've revieved so many discounts on items, but also free random $250k's and such, all related somehow... No-one really knows the exact reasons, and just like here...

Of course now that I've said this, watch a guy with $200mill say he gets offers all the time....

As soon as one theory seems ideal, another seems to be meeting different criteria...

For me, just random. Though you do seem to need to be registered with a R* social account, that's the one common trait I've seen with it all...

Also...

Today, my friend told me to buy Hydra for a discount for 1.9, and than to try them out.

But, my Hydra is 3 million as usual. Then I searched it on google, and saw some guy asking "how his friends got hydra for 35% off, while I didn't" ...

Do Rockstar pick up randomly this players for this special "not official" discounts, or players "trigger" them somehow... Like they own a Steam version (I have Social Club version), they subscribed for something...

In like 3 months of owning a game, I never saw any of those "special discounts", only official ones... 

Could be that as you're so new to the game, that your account wasn't registered before a certain deadline?... Just another theory dude, as these offers and the free cash deposits have been going at least since X-Mas 2016 for me and a few players I've known...

I haven't played/logged in for 3 months now, no news on current trends, so if I'm wrong here, apologies... Just what I learned while I was playing... 

(Rank 600+, fairly rich, played hardcore at times... Using a 2nd account I created in mid-2016, as my day one got attacked by cash etc. on old gen... For reference)

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You won't...

I believe it's just a lotto type scenario... More for longer term players possibly, or those that play for many hours per week...

During the 1st half of 2017, I've revieved so many discounts on items, but also free random $250k's and such, all related somehow... No-one really knows the exact reasons, and just like here...

As soon as one theory seems ideal, another seems to be meeting different criteria...

For me, just random. Though you do seem to need to be registered with a R* social account, that's the one common trait I've seen with it all...

Also...

Could be that as you're so new to the game, that your account wasn't registered before a certain deadline?... Just another theory dude, as these offers and the free cash deposits have been going at least since X-Mas 2016 for me and a few players I've known...

I haven't played/logged in for 3 months now, no news on current trends, so if I'm wrong here, apologies... Just what I learned while I was playing... 

(Rank 600+, fairly rich, played hardcore at times... Using a 2nd account I created in mid-2016, as my day one got attacked by cash etc. on old gen... For reference)
Speaking of registering before a certain date, I'm still waiting for my 200k.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

^ I'm sure I read others with this issue too dude... I was already registered from the start of my account, to get the shotgun/elegy, and have had so many $250k's along with the rebate, a couple of other bits n pieces too I imagine that I totally lost track.

Though I believe the award you were meant to get was exclusive to non-R* social users to sign up/transfer, as, like I said, I think for longer term current gen players, as the guys that were already signed up/transfered were getting these exclusive discounts and cash awards/extra's... The 'Awarded $250k' thread has more on these, I did help to try to understand the criteria, but it just seemed pointless, lol... Every time we found a common theme, others would soon attest to different reasons that all just made sense, some numpties, but it just became so varied that I'm convinced it's just them picking random letters or something totally random to give players freebies to, on different tiers it seemed potentially too, discounts, $100k, $150k, $200k, $250k, $500k even later on... (If that made sense).

Still, I found random was nice, and free was free... I got a couple of things cheap, but like another said, and certainly once you get to a certain point, personal sales are usually for things you've already gotten, hell, I know I had the gold aircraft/Kuruma on sale more than once away from the usual general Tuesday sales of recent times... Thought it was a sweet touch, and pleasing to see it wasn't manipulated like many a good thing is here, lol...

Last year I was full of praise for this game's longevity and DLC consistently coming... This year, there's just been so much either repeating it all, or full of errors and issues, the PC version looks (to me, a non-PC user) just dreadful, a la old gen... Money wipes too, a couple of times now big errors have happened... Madness.

Mixed with what I feel can be childish stuff, a further lack of balance, reducing options, paywalls/time eaters, and recycled missions. The game, after a spell away, certainly doesn't look like it's gotten any better at all, completely the opposite to me...

Still, I enjoyed my time until it got too much, and can't wait for both RDR and GTA's future instalments.

(Oops, bit of a ramble... Quiet day, lol...)

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by Fun 2, A week ago.

I think it depends on your spendings. You have to purchase something during the event period to be qualified.
R* did say:

Sometimes we select longtime players as a reward for their dedicated GTA Online play, and sometimes we select newer players to welcome them with special offers.

• dead goon and Cant-B-Faded like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Well I have been buying a few things but I seem to get the offers every week on all three of my accounts so I think it is random but they always seem

to target the same players.

I have not logged in this week though so I'll have to see if I get any offers after the end of the Gran Turismo Sport demo.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I think it depends on your spendings. You have to purchase something during the event period to be qualified.
R* did say:

Sometimes we select longtime players as a reward for their dedicated GTA Online play, and sometimes we select newer players to welcome them with special offers.

I must've missed this... Nice to see anyone could get a bonus here and there...

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

R* did say:

That's funny, because I'm playing almost daily (100% safe to say weekly) and I'm yet to see a targeted sale. I was a long-time player on consoles and I'm new player on PC (since April 2017), same result. Never was a part of targeted sale.

• MrTroubleMaker likes this

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Got a message a few days ago about being a long time player. May have something to do with that...

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

I just saw an ad on my Facebook with the current Special Discounts, weird.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SaveTheZombies, A week ago.

I get discounts my friends don't get but I thought it was because either, I bought the game at launch (on ps3), I bought the game twice (on ps3 then pc), or maybe because I bought the limited edition ps3 version.

Question to those who do get the random discounts: do you also get the Dukeodeath, Kraken, and one of the monster trucks for free?

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Queen of Darkness

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

It's random..Just like when R* gives out free money..not everyone gets the same amount. I remember one time I got 250K and my husband got 500K..I made him do the dishes when he told me! :p

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I get discounts my friends don't get but I thought it was because either, I bought the game at launch (on ps3), I bought the game twice (on ps3 then pc), or maybe because I bought the limited edition ps3 version.

Question to those who do get the random discounts: do you also get the Dukeodeath, Kraken, and one of the monster trucks for free?

Those are free for those that transferred from old gen to current before a certain deadline.

Anyone that bought said vehicles before they announced they were to be free for those that transferred got their money back as a rebate.

By the luck of it, some players that had cash dropped on them on old gen, and since either removed of chewed up by the expensive things added since old gen DLC stopped, that bought all the different liveried versions of the Marshall big wheels... They got something like $11m or more back... Lucky sods.

Anyhow, those vehicles being free or priced usually is of no relation to the discounts/bonus cash players get. For 'returning players' from old to new.

As far as I can tell, both players with these free or those paying get the discounts and what-not... After seeing the quote that Fun posted above, more convinced that it's totally random with no prejudice as to rank, time spent or anything really... Of course, being on the R* mailing list through the R* social club certainly can't hurt chance too.

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I wanna know how Im getting them in my Facebook feed. The only GTA-related page I like is Rockstar Games, and nothing from my PS4/GTA is linked to FB. I dont even use the same email address for it. Creepy
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Good question. It's just a suggested post on mine. But it says

(Valid only if you received this offer in your Facebook Feed from Rockstar Games.)

Doesn't make sense. It's like "offer valid only to those who saw this commercial."

FuturePastNow
  • FuturePastNow

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Around 90% of the "targeted sales" I get are for vehicles I already own, so they're not particularly well targeted.

Gustagrace
  • Gustagrace

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

i got my Hydra, Valkyrie discounted 35% off, Zentorno, Vagner 25% off this week. it's rare for me to see "targeted discount" again since i got my last discount before Gunrunning released. some source said you get targeted discount if you sign up for newsletter or returning player get bigger chance to get the discount.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I haven't gotten a targeted sale in SO long.

I'd have loved the Ramp Buggy one when it was going around... since it's never ACTUALLY on a regular sale itself. -_-

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

I'm allergic to dirt weed and wack rappers.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Apparently like this..wJZfiY5.png

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by elfoam, A week ago.

I got the discount on another account today, one that owns a Hydra, Valkyrie, Vagner and Zentorno ! such useful ! this is an account that has not signed up to anything.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago Edited by Gridl0k, A week ago.

I got the discount on another account today, one that owns a Hydra, Valkyrie, Vagner and Zentorno ! such useful ! this is an account that has not signed up to anything.

Do you have a facebook account? Did that ad appear? I wonder if it's purely Social Club email members who appear on twitter or facebook with that same email address.

FWIW you can view which advertisers are targetting you on Twitter here; https://twitter.com/settings/your_twitter_data  and on Facebook, f*ck you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users