Photo

Prologue Freeze

18 replies to this topic
Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:44 PM Edited by Stogiope, 12 October 2017 - 01:45 PM.

Hello, I have for some time a problem with my GTA 5 on Xbox 360. Already at loading the console makes less noise than usual (when launching a game). So i get to the Prologue, and trying to get near the guard, get to the door: it frozen, at least i can't move. So i tried a lot of stuff: Restart, clean up the disk, re-install, etc... And nothing.. So i just ask you for solutions. I suspect that i was not the only one to have this but for now i have found nothing that can help me so good.

*Perhaps i can still play Online but for now i have no Xbox live membership.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:59 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 12 October 2017 - 05:00 PM.

this is a sign of bad sectors on hard drive, try using usb stick and let xbox format that then install gta 5 on that (yes, it's possible and ive done that on 4 gb version of 360)

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

this is a sign of bad sectors on hard drive, try using usb stick and let xbox format that then install gta 5 on that (yes, it's possible and ive done that on 4 gb version of 360)

What ??

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:34 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 12 October 2017 - 06:36 PM.

Insert usb-stick atleast 16 gb in size into usb port, go to storage settings and let xbox format it and then proceed to install gta 5 on that instead.

This problem is often occurring when inside HDD is filled with bad sectors or installed game files happened to be written on worse sector of it.

PS! don't reply "what!?" or something similarly low any more, i'll take that as insult and think you ungrateful for advice!

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yes OK.. But for the USB that exactly what i was supposed to do at first when i got the game in 2013. And i can't delete my files on the USB i don't get it.. You mean that i have to re-install everything? I don't know, it's not clear, i think maybe it's the disk at least. But i don't know eather cause he clean, not broken.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

i say it more clearly, reinstall everything, ON USB!

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Are you trolling? Cause i using a USB not else.. And seriously delete everything on it? And why you are the only one to answer me by the way? What is that all mean..

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

"...why you are the only one to answer me by the way? What is that all mean.."

We all got together and drew straws, and ACM-Jan got the short one.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 14 October 2017 - 10:32 PM.

whatever you are using now for playing, you have to reformat the usb  and reinstall the game and if it still fails replace the flashdrive, i can say it will work very well because i personally have used this setup (USB was brand new)

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

Nope, didn't work.. Nothing else?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

if the drives that are base reason for any malfunctions usually are ok then only other fault can be in console, try the installed game in friends console or rent something

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

now outta therapy and ready to date your sister!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:56 PM Edited by B_Smiles, 03 November 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Replace your game and see what happens.

Also could you put up an image of your game disc?

Ah, i got corrected by acm

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:02 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 03 November 2017 - 04:03 PM.

he said he used the USB from start (likely he has the slim version without the HDD).

before scrapping the console you (OP) should borrow install and play discs from someone and try your discks in friends console as well

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

That couldn't be possible for this but i will probably wait for buy a new GTA 5 game. Cause it's happening on some of my others games without any rift on the disk. So maybe it's the rifts or something else but i prefer to buy a new one. Cause actually i'sick of cannot play Story Mode.

And yes, using mods with USB should work but.. Naah my PC just die so forget about mods.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:24 PM Edited by D9fred95, 03 November 2017 - 09:25 PM.

That couldn't be possible for this but i will probably wait for buy a new GTA 5 game. Cause it's happening on some of my others games without any rift on the disk. So maybe it's the rifts or something else but i prefer to buy a new one. Cause actually i'sick of cannot play Story Mode.
And yes, using mods with USB should work but.. Naah my PC just die so forget about mods.

If it's happening with several games, then the console is the problem. It may be that the disc reader is dirty, this is something that happened to me with Undead Nightmare. Obtaining a disc cleaner from eBay (it's essentially a disc that reads the laser inside the console to detect if it's dirty and cleans it if it is) may fix it. I think they only cost a few bucks so it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, mods don't work on console, USB or not. I think you mean save editing.

Stogiope
  • Stogiope

Secondo membro

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Yes probably or maybe it's me when i just catch a disk?

And i was using Hazard editor for 360 version. But i don't know if right now i will fill a modded save game and play without problems on it. But anyway, too poor for a PC so i prefer a new GTA 5 game . Thanks anyway guys, that the kind of bullsh.. That happens instantly without issues, not my first one i will say. See you!

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

@Stogiope

I know you live in Italy, but in the U.S. a 1,032 EUR computer every 5 years is 17.2 EUR per month. Add a 258 EUR GPU upgrade in between, and it's 21.5 EUR per month. Are computer parts significantly more expensive than that in Italy?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:19 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 04 November 2017 - 11:19 AM.

in estonia the PC parts are not very much more expensive, i for example put aside 60 euros per month and in next summer i can afford high end gaming PC.

italy is economically similar as baltic country so it should be possible if being wise with money.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

It is a common complaint, or lament, that a person "can't afford" a PC...more often than not used as a reason for sticking with a console. But in the U.S., that is flat-out ridiculous unless a person is so far in debt that he has no business spending money on any non-necessities.

A high-end gaming PC ($1200) every 5 years with a $450 GPU upgrade at the 2.5-year mark is $27.50 per month. A mid-range PC ($800) and $300 GPU upgrade is $18.33 per month.

In the U.S., it isn't an issue of affordability, it is an issue of financial responsibility--saving money instead of living paycheck to paycheck and racking up debt. I know that in other places it is possible that a PC is truly not affordable for everyone, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users