54 replies to this topic
Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Is Pyro really worth it?
My main reason to buy it cuz it's named "Pyro" (flashbacks, sorry), it's sort of fast, can transport 2 people and has flares. I mostly want to rely on it as fast and safe transport, but is it really worth 3 millions?

• Gridl0k likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

People who jack off to and praise the Bunker sure will be happy though. UGH!

Not at all. 25% quicker means nothing if you grind the bunker and businesses by going AFK overnight.
  • thepiebaker likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 6 days ago

Dripfeeding already known about content is a turn off for most people, and the price of the Pyro + upgrades is prohibitive too. But there are some positives...

• The Pyro is a beautiful looking machine. Collectors will have it lined up with the Molotok, Howard, Alpha-Z1, Rogue, Starling, etc... and be drooling at these wonderful throwback planes. Rockstar have given us some absolutely beautiful designs, and the Pyro adds to that collection.

• It's a two-seater just like the Vestra, but also comes armed with rockets and machine guns, so you can take a friend along on a killing spree.

• It only uses up a single slot on your hangar floorspace (unlike the Bombushka which takes up four).

• You can store the other big aircraft like the Bombushka, Titan, Miljet, etc... in storage behind the floorspace, as these only use up ONE slot in your 20 total inventory.

Admittedly, I probably won't be using the Pyro on a regular basis, but if you've got enough cash and adore the collecting aspect of GTA online then this plane is rather dreamy.

• Rafae, BigBrother67, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

Not at all. 25% quicker means nothing if you grind the bunker and businesses by going AFK overnight.

Yeah, even as someone who makes the majority of their income via Bunker & Biker Business, I'm not a huge fan of the production boosts. It just throws off my usual rhythm. I'm not about to start rushing myself and stressing over moving product quicker so it really ends up providing little benefit for me.

I still have a dozen or so research items left undiscovered so it'll be nice to hopefully finish them off at least.
  • Rafae likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 6 days ago

Dripfeeding already known about content is a turn off for most people, and the price of the Pyro + upgrades is prohibitive too. But there are some positives...

• The Pyro is a beautiful looking machine. Collectors will have it lined up with the Molotok, Howard, Alpha-Z1, Rogue, Starling, etc... and be drooling at these wonderful throwback planes. Rockstar have given us some absolutely beautiful designs, and the Pyro adds to that collection.

• It's a two-seater just like the Vestra, but also comes armed with rockets and machine guns, so you can take a friend along on a killing spree.

• It only uses up a single slot on your hangar floorspace (unlike the Bombushka which takes up four).

• You can store the other big aircraft like the Bombushka, Titan, Miljet, etc... in storage behind the floorspace, as these only use up ONE slot in your 20 total inventory.

Admittedly, I probably won't be using the Pyro on a regular basis, but if you've got enough cash and adore the collecting aspect of GTA online then this plane is rather dreamy.
I think it's mostly on this forum people are complaining about dripfeeding. I'm in a group on whatsapp, several Groups/circles on PlayStation and communities on ps and I haven't heard or seen anyone complaining there, most people are like: 'what did we get today, anything interesting?'
I'm not trying to start the old dripfeed discussion again but I think most people outside the forum don't care that much and that is one reason R* do it like they do.

Didn't plan on buying much from this update but thought about the Pyro, will probably check a couple of videos and see how it is. Only thing I'm really waiting for is the hunter and maybe the Vigilante
  • IamCourtney, alkaline_ and Jenkiiii like this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Chang, 5 days ago.

Been lookings forward to the pyro, not so much for the maniac but for the glide. Flys differently and fun during hanger crates will I start buy after I get a new controller. Waiting for this jet and just got the "burnout problem"
Thanks a LOT Trump....

That stance is pretty dope. It should be an action called "b Boy Stance" locking you in place for a sec or 2.

AHS is ill right now.

:) I Chang

Pro Tip:
1. get co-pilot in pyro.
2. Find target, hydra, laser and engage
3. Have Co-Pilot continually call said target via ifruit phone.
4. Giggle like a Pyromaniac the both of'ya during engagement.
  • Gridl0k, alkaline_, Forza Harrd and 1 other like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

HA! Looked up Pyro videos on Youtube, you can tell even the Youtubers are getting bored of the Plane dripfeed.... most of the Pyro videos didn't even hit an hour! A major shock considering they go for almost two hours just for ONE car sometimes!

Really, I don't see the point of half these planes being dripfed at all.

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Hustler

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 5 days ago

Still no discount on aqua blazer, ramp buggy and wastelander

HawkDriver
  • HawkDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago Edited by HawkDriver, 5 days ago.

What plane is the Pyro based on?

DeHavilland Vampire maybe?
https://g.co/kgs/6c5uSr

Yeah mostly the Venom/ Vampire. 

A bit of the sea vixen in there too.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 5 days ago Edited by whywontyoulisten, 5 days ago.

Where? Vixen is a much larger aircraft with swept wings, offset pilot's canopy and twin engines. Maybe the forward extension of the tail booms over the leading edge of the wings, but that's it.

• Lupo-Akane likes this

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I want it and the MiG but I think I'll wait for them to go on sale mbe...
  • FuturePastNow likes this

georgewillie
  • georgewillie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Yeah, even as someone who makes the majority of their income via Bunker & Biker Business, I'm not a huge fan of the production boosts. It just throws off my usual rhythm. I'm not about to start rushing myself and stressing over moving product quicker so it really ends up providing little benefit for me.

I still have a dozen or so research items left undiscovered so it'll be nice to hopefully finish them off at least.

Agreed I think the only benefit to the production boost is if you're still unlocking bunker research and want it in the background while doing other things.  

As far as money and grinding goes though, a 2x $ boost would be much better

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Where? Vixen is a much larger aircraft with swept wings, offset pilot's canopy and twin engines. Maybe the forward extension of the tail booms over the leading edge of the wings, but that's it.

Don't listen to him. I see it too.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 5 days ago

Spoiler

I think it's mostly on this forum people are complaining about dripfeeding. I'm in a group on whatsapp, several Groups/circles on PlayStation and communities on ps and I haven't heard or seen anyone complaining there, most people are like: 'what did we get today, anything interesting?'
I'm not trying to start the old dripfeed discussion again but I think most people outside the forum don't care that much and that is one reason R* do it like they do.

I think you're absolutely right. If you don't read the forums and don't take precise note of what's happening in the GTA online release schedule then you're going to view dripfed content as a nice surprise. But this doesn't excuse the fact that all future content - since September 5th and into November - is fully visible in the game code if you care to take a look. All it takes is one person to find that code, decipher it and disseminate the information to the rest of the world.

It's pretty obvious that DLC is verified through Rockstar's Q&A process and then signed off as complete, and all Rockstar has to do after that is hit the tunables each week to un-hide previously hidden code, but there's got to be a better way of doing this, surely?

• Rafae, alkaline_ and kenmy13999 like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 5 days ago

Spoiler

I think you're absolutely right. If you don't read the forums and don't take precise note of what's happening in the GTA online release schedule then you're going to view dripfed content as a nice surprise. But this doesn't excuse the fact that all future content - since September 5th and into November - is fully visible in the game code if you care to take a look. All it takes is one person to find that code, decipher it and disseminate the information to the rest of the world.

It's pretty obvious that DLC is verified through Rockstar's Q&A process and then signed off as complete, and all Rockstar has to do after that is hit the tunables each week to un-hide previously hidden code, but there's got to be a better way of doing this, surely?
I think some/several of them know the vehicles are hidden and just waiting to be released, so they have accepted it as it is but that's not so important if they know it or not.
The only thing I'm really hyped for in this update is the Hunter but I'm maybe getting used to the dripfeed because I don't mind it that much anymore. The previous updates with cars in dripfeed haven't bothered me that much either but I do understand that people are sick of it and I wish R* could just release everything right away so no one had to wait.
So the better way of doing this could be release everything at once or maybe have some dripfeed but release more than once a week so they didn't drag it out several months?
I'm sure that the people that don't mind the dripfeed wouldn't mind that everything was released right away either.
  • alkaline_ and Jenkiiii like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I think it's sort of better that we DO know what's coming when with a drip feed as big as this and Gunrunning's. Imagine wanting only one or two vehicles from a drip feed lasting three months and hoping each week it's that vehicle. Fk that lol.

With a smaller drip feed however, it's not too bad but I still understand in both cases how knowing what's coming each week ruins the element of surprise every week. Meh, the game is four plus years old at this point, I don't really think surprises would catch many of us off guard anymore.
  • Winonas, Jenkiiii and kenmy13999 like this

FuturePastNow
  • FuturePastNow

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I want it and the MiG but I think I'll wait for them to go on sale mbe...

Yeah... like a lot of these planes, I want it, but I don't need it... so I'll wait for a 25% off sale.

• IamCourtney and Lupo-Akane like this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Hellbendzor, 3 days ago.

I noticed I couldn't fire the flares while flying the pyro (solo)... Is that the co-seater's prerogative? Or can I change it somewhere?

I wasn't a fan at first of the Pyro, but this plane is fun and a breeze to land on Maze bank... So this thing is practical (aka land on short strips, Streets,...) and it's different in many ways (handling, looks). I can only recommend buying it... :-)

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I love this plane. It's so f*cking fast and great at dogfights (I'm using sports engine upgrades)

I noticed I couldn't fire the flares while flying the pyro (solo)... Is that the co-seater's prerogative? Or can I change it somewhere?

Strange. I don't know what you're doing there, but you can shoot flares while being the pilot. I'm on PC and the default keyboard binding is 'E' for that.

• alkaline_, kenmy13999 and Happy Hunter like this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 days ago

Well yeah, I can't fire my flares in the pyro... Strange... I switched to another plane (howard) and I could fire them no probs.. Strange... It's always same button... AND I haven them installed ofcourse... ;-) I checked...:)

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Gridl0k, 3 days ago.

Well yeah, I can't fire my flares in the pyro... Strange... I switched to another plane (howard) and I could fire them no probs.. Strange... It's always same button... AND I haven them installed ofcourse... ;-) I checked... :)

Interactive menu > Vehicles > Countermeasure/Bomb Bay control options (bottom of list)  :^:

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 days ago

Thx buddy... I checked it and it was in the hands of the co-pilot, eheh... So fixed... :-)

• Gridl0k likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 days ago Edited by whywontyoulisten, 3 days ago.

Spoiler

Don't listen to him. I see it too.

Or maybe point out which parts are Vixen so my blind ass can go "Ohhh yeah." instead of wallowing in ignorance.

• Lupo-Akane likes this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Homie

• Members

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Garland137, 2 days ago.

Pyro:
37183139815_88e5a80971_b.jpg

Vampire:
1734546.jpg?v=v40

Venom:
Venom-03-1024x681.jpg

Sea Vixen:
sea_vixen_mid_air_close_up-1024x683.jpg
  • Gridl0k, BigBrother67, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 2 days ago

Yeaaah... Not much Vixen other than the dual air intakes, which the Venom has too.

I wish we had the Flying Fister graphic from that Sea Vixen's tail though  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users