Buying the episodes seperated from the main game

7 replies to this topic
PDOjohnny
  • PDOjohnny

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

In 2o15 I bought GTA IV and played it. Was some nice times.. I needed something to distract my mind from sh*t.

Now I want to buy the episodes.

THe main game I have is of "games for windows" software. When I installed it i do remember it was a bit complex. Had to consult with friend to help me. I remember getting a username and password for this platform. The user name I remember but not the password.

So if I buy GTA IV Episodes I need to buy also of "games of windows" right? And should I have problems installing it? with my gow password? When I insert the IV cd I have right now it don't ask me for password. Should I worry then?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

If you don't care about Multiplayer, you don't really need Games For Windows Live. Just download XLiveless to disable it.

PDOjohnny
  • PDOjohnny

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Will the episodes cd ask me for another GOW account or will it use the account I already have?

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by HigorSm, A week ago.

You don't need to buy GTA EFLC from Games For Windows Live to play it, you don't even can buy games from there anymore because Games For Windows Marketplace is dead, buy a disc, the game on Steam, or any other store that sells the game; i can't guarantee that you will have no problems installing the game because..well, because is GTA IV.

about the game don't asking you the password when you play it, yes, maybe you should worry, if you really don't remember your password, change it, because you need GFWL to play the game, unless, as B Dawg said, you don't care about multiplayer (or achievements), then you can use Xliveless to completely remove the GFWL requirement from the game.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by ViceBoy69, A week ago.

I have GTA4 and episodes from on seperate disks as i bought mine on release days when i lived in canada.

I have them installed on my windows 10 pc  the only isue you may have is GFWL  it needs an update to work on windows 10, otherwise as already stated use xliveless, only other issue you may have is if its an original disc is the release date error, i just set my computers time and date and year back to the release dates for the games and its fine. I understand there is a patch to overcome the release date glitch, but ive not used it.

PDOjohnny
  • PDOjohnny

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I use windows 7. I didn't have the time and date error with gta iv cd. Do you mean I may be experiencing it after using xliveless?

PDOjohnny
  • PDOjohnny

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Update- looks like I'm gonna buy from ebay, box version, box the writtens in the box in german. Game however is in english. Does the episodes includes more than a disc or two and a poster? something like a handbook?

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by ViceBoy69, A week ago.

you get a game manual, brief description of both games and a poster of Lollipop girl, the girl in pink who does not appear in the game, ive never seen her, some people say they have, shes a bit of a myth. her name is Lola Del Rio.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users