• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:31 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 10 October 2017 - 02:34 PM.

As far as I'm aware Rockstar has Vice City, San Andreas and The Warriors accessible through the PS4. That's great for PS4 users. What about Xbox users? Why divide fans or punish them for their console of choice? 

I know One X will have backwards compatibility going back to the original Xbox. I'm not sure if the Xbox One has original Xbox BC too. I have the III/VC double pack and The Warriors for Xbox original. I really hope they make those games available for Xbox fans. 

Rockstar was good to Xbox fans during the 360 days but I'm not so sure now. RDR is BC on Xbox and so is IV and EFFLC. That's great and I praise them for that. But what about the classics?

Also, I had two copies of San Andreas on my Xbox 360. The digital download of the original Xbox version and then the atrocious HD "remake." I can't play either of those. They're just not there to download. I know I bought them on 360 but why couldn't they license them over to Xbox One? I all ready paid for the games and now I can't access them. Just more punishment for digital copies of games. If they were hard copies I might be able to make some money back. 

I feel like an idiot for buying a Rockstar game so many times and for some reason, I'm not able to play it. 

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

You had the original xbox live Gta SA download, the one you purchase on the marketplace. You can't play them? why?

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:21 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 02 November 2017 - 10:29 PM.

You had the original xbox live Gta SA download, the one you purchase on the marketplace. You can't play them? why?

Yes. As far as I'm aware they discontinued the sale and subsequent re-downloads/availability of what would have been the digital copy of the original Xbox version on Xbox Live. This was while the Xbox 360 was current gen. I think it was discontinued because the release of San Andreas remastered came out. SA Remastered/SAR replaced the original digital download on XBL. This was a pity because the SAR was buggy as hell and they didn't get licence for a few tracks in the original. I could live with that but the game wasn't the same. It was a bit of a disaster, however, it was playable and I got far enough in it before I sold my 360 for an Xbox One. 

They're just not on the XBL marketplace on the One. I should have been a bit clearer in my original post. I know it's a different console to the 360 but my main point is that if I'm a PS4 user I can play VC and SA but as a an Xbox One user that's not possible. 

I own physical copies of The Warriors on PS2 and original Xbox and also GTA III/VC double-pack for original Xbox. I can only hope these make it to Xbox backwards compatibility.

I'll probably just end up buying an original Xbox. I just don't have much money or the room at home to be buying more old chunky hardware though. 

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Yes. As far as I'm aware they discontinued the sale and subsequent re-downloads/availability of what would have been the digital copy of the original Xbox version on Xbox Live. This was while the Xbox 360 was current gen. I think it was discontinued because the release of San Andreas remastered came out. SA Remastered/SAR replaced the original digital download on XBL. This was a pity because the SAR was buggy as hell and they didn't get licence for a few tracks in the original. I could live with that but the game wasn't the same. It was a bit of a disaster, however, it was playable and I got far enough in it before I sold my 360 for an Xbox One. 

They're just not on the XBL marketplace on the One. I should have been a bit clearer in my original post. I know it's a different console to the 360 but my main point is that if I'm a PS4 user I can play VC and SA but as a an Xbox One user that's not possible. 

I own physical copies of The Warriors on PS2 and original Xbox and also GTA III/VC double-pack for original Xbox. I can only hope these make it to Xbox backwards compatibility.

I'll probably just end up buying an original Xbox. I just don't have much money or the room at home to be buying more old chunky hardware though. 

Yeah, I had a friend that owned the original xbox gta SA xbox live copy, which is the second edition for the physical xbox copy. He got rid of his xbox 360 a long time ago. Im asking this because, why would the replace that original version with the remastered?? I mean apart from licensing. I get you, we should lobby to get the trilogy, warriors, and few others on xbox one BC. Just imagine the clearer better version of vice city!!  get the word out to other people around here.  

• Mister Pink likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

Formerly: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

GTA V, and I m certain RDR2 will be Xbox One X Enhanced.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Doubt GTA V will. I guess it could as it's just a patch but I'm not sure R* will go to the effort of making V 4K or anything similar when they will want to show off the next version of their engine in RDR2. For now we'll just have the framerate improvements on the original GTA V.
  • Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

as far as I'm concerned RDR doesn't exist on PS4. thus all x-box users, who get to play RDR on their next-gen consoles, should be just thankful

• Mister Pink likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

Rockstar didn't even patch GTAV for PS4 Pro, nor did they patch it to add HDR (which would really help with the skybox), I doubt they'll do a specific patch for the Xbox One X either, but early footage has shown that the game now holds a locked V-Sync 30fps no matter what on Xbox One X now and of course there's the forced 16xAF so textures look a bit better.

As for OG Xbox BC, they've only just started rolling that out on Xbox One, considering San Andreas (and Max Payne 1/2) were apart of that "Confirmed working" list for the Xbox 360, I'd say they're most likely to appear on the Xbox One/One X BC list in the coming months.
  • Mister Pink, Spider-Vice, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 1 other like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

...As for OG Xbox BC, they've only just started rolling that out on Xbox One, considering San Andreas (and Max Payne 1/2) were apart of that "Confirmed working" list for the Xbox 360, I'd say they're most likely to appear on the Xbox One/One X BC list in the coming months.

What's that "confirmed working" list? I must look that up. I have Max Payne 1 and 2 hard copy for OG Xbox. 

@ROCSTAR MANIC: Sure thing man. I'm with you brother. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:46 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 05 November 2017 - 12:47 PM.

The higher CPU clock is probably going to help a whole lot in GTA Online too, the GTA Online experience on Xbox One can get quite laggy. So far I've only seen DigitalFoundry's video of the singleplayer improvements.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

What's that "confirmed working" list? I must look that up. I have Max Payne 1 and 2 hard copy for OG Xbox.

Even though the Xbox 360 could play majority of Original Xbox games, some had bugs, and only those certified to be working completely fine could be sold digitally on the Xbox Live store. For example Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City worked on Xbox 360, but had some graphical glitches here and there, especially with the HUD, where as San Andreas had no real issues.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

Wait I know for sure and its obvilous that Xbox team is working on OG xbox games. But on San Andreas and Max Payne, f*ck I didnt know those exact games. But I do guarantee that Max Payne will be on the next batch of games, I can feel it. 

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Im not sure if they were available already but all the BC Xbox games on xbox one are also available on xbox 360 and even shows the updated cover art on them along with text saying it also works on xb1.

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

Rockstar was good to Xbox fans during the 360 days but I'm not so sure now. RDR is BC on Xbox and so is IV and EFFLC. That's great and I praise them for that. But what about the classics?

What "what about the classics"? How is that Rockstar's fault, when Xbone only 2 weeks ago got Xbox backward compatibility with just 13 games?

Also, I had two copies of San Andreas on my Xbox 360. The digital download of the original Xbox version and then the atrocious HD "remake." I can't play either of those. They're just not there to download. I know I bought them on 360 but why couldn't they license them over to Xbox One? I all ready paid for the games and now I can't access them. Just more punishment for digital copies of games. If they were hard copies I might be able to make some money back.

Because they are not backward compatible and it's not like flipping a switch. It requires a lot of work on emulation and solving problems with content and license rights.

I feel like an idiot for buying a Rockstar game so many times and for some reason, I'm not able to play it.

Just buy them on PC, where your GTA games will be always available to play, at least in foreseeable future, or play them on original machines. Backward compatibility and emulation on consoles are not an easy thing since 2005.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Something that you guys need to realise is that IF these games are being made BC, it would require a lot of work due to there being multiple disc versions of the games. For example Vice City needs to have three versions made: the double pack disc, HF disc and an edited digital version of the HF version with removed songs. Same goes for San Andreas which needs to have the original xbox release, V2 and an edited digital version of V2 with removed songs ready to work. Gta 3 SHOULD be quite simple compared to the others due to only having to make the disc version compatible and make a digital version of it since there isn't any issue with the songs or different versions released AFAIK. But that's not even factoring in the fact that they have to make BOTH PAL and NTSC versions work along with censored versions like the Australian and German releases which means more work.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:15 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 09 November 2017 - 02:15 PM.

This applies to other games too, if not with music, with other content. Also, Microsoft is in charge of adapting BC games, not the game's developer, so they'll manage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users