Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's Something You Hope You NEVER See in GTAO?

135 replies to this topic
MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

I don't want to see copy and paste ceo business crate stuff dlc in the future.

• fw3 likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Simple for me: anything that does not exist within the real world or that is highly unlikely for one to ever see during his or her lifetime.

I just want a realistic game; I can live with a few stretches of the imagination, but GTA would work better (in my opinion) if realism were the primary focus.

The ship has definitely sailed though; more than I could have ever initially imagined. :/

i'm sick of hearing the word realistic when discussing VIDEO GAMES.  just for that I hope they ad power ranger type zords in a future update it would serve you right. "realistic" I hate that word.

Go play Saints Row if you want wacky sh*t. Not every single game series on the goddamn planet needs to be over the top ridiculous bullsh*t.

I don't want wacky sh*t. I don't like hearing the word "realistic".  it triggered me.  years ago I was in a free aim deathmatch with this little zitbag and he raises a fuss because I was wearing a bulletproof helmet. this was around the time the last team standing update dropped. he was alerting everybody to kick me. I was like"why cant I wear it I paid for it?" his stupid ass answer was "because its not realistic" then later in the game he taunts me for losing and my team was still losing even when I wore the helmet so wtf was his stupid ass problem"  I can still here that douchey little sh*t in my head to this day. "realistic realistic  realistic realistic realistic realis..........."

Chimpokomon
  • Chimpokomon

Apeman Hop

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:59 PM Edited by Chimpokomon, 11 October 2017 - 09:01 PM.

I hope I never see Harbujahn in my session. :ph34r:

• HARBUJAHN, gtafan26, hei3enberg and 6 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

I hope I never see Harbujahn in my session.

Good one :D
  • HARBUJAHN, gtafan26, hei3enberg and 1 other like this

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

More armor for broken helicopters with explosive rounds. 

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Why the f*ck do people want GTA to be "more realistic"?! Why make it something it has never been? Its been rated M for Mature since the ratings system was invented, but because only mature people understand thats its satire and that its not to be taken seriously. Its has never been serious or realistic (except maybe IV). It has always been an over-the-top, silly, gratuitous, parody of hollywood movies. As for Rocket Bikes, do you really think that its impossible to build one? Its impractical, but nowhere near the realm of impossible. We have submersible airplanes in real life people.
  • junior731657, SaveTheZombies, Nossirag and 1 other like this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:42 PM Edited by DarkFlame588, 11 October 2017 - 09:43 PM.

Things that make older stuff redundant.

See:

Oppressor/Vigilante > Ruiner 2k and Rocket Voltic

Thermal/Nightvision helmets > MK II Heavy sniper scopes

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

I hope I never see Harbujahn in my session. :ph34r:

Lol :D

• hei3enberg, Rafae, Aussie_Hunter and 1 other like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:20 PM Edited by GenericGTAO, 11 October 2017 - 11:20 PM.

No more false armored windows, the armored technical design has got to be the one of the c**ntiest things in the game...just leave them as glass so when I get a$$ blasted at least it makes sense. No more high aimbot in missions, if I want to have a challenge, I will play a premium race or do a time trial.
  • gtafan26, hei3enberg and Nossirag like this

NateAssassin
  • NateAssassin

Never low enough.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

No more super cars, no more retard kid mobile, and no more hotwheels cars.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

Shark cards are optional (if you want faster access to new content)

Microtransactions can't be avoided in a game fully designed around them.

Sure, you don't have to buy them, but they're still there and the game makes goddamn sure that they're there at all times.

That was exactly the point I was making? lol

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

Why the f*ck do people want GTA to be "more realistic"?! Why make it something it has never been? Its been rated M for Mature since the ratings system was invented, but because only mature people understand thats its satire and that its not to be taken seriously. Its has never been serious or realistic (except maybe IV). It has always been an over-the-top, silly, gratuitous, parody of hollywood movies. As for Rocket Bikes, do you really think that its impossible to build one? Its impractical, but nowhere near the realm of impossible. We have submersible airplanes in real life people.

Finally we have a winner!

Even the first ever GTA had wacky things in it... it's likely that things like Saints Row were copying GTA anyway... most people who complain about GTA Online with the so called unrealistic things probably don't remember the earlier GTAs but only remember GTA IV which they went out of their way to remove wacky things, I was rather shocked to find out the tank didn't exist in GTA IV.. good game all the same but GTA has always been a satirical take on American movies & such :D

• MisFit-138 and Nossirag like this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

I don't want to see weaponized subs or depth charges or anything else that will f*ck with the tranquility of chilling in my kraken. It's the last peaceful refuge on the map. And yea, I know its probably next to go with the pirates update.

Working fuel gauges. I know there are gas stations but i don't want to gas up. And they were going to add that to san andreas or gta4, i forget which.

I don't want to see them take anything else away. I wish we still had armored vans and random crate drops.

Zombies. 

And what do you have against zombies?

Simple for me: anything that does not exist within the real world or that is highly unlikely for one to ever see during his or her lifetime.

I just want a realistic game; I can live with a few stretches of the imagination, but GTA would work better (in my opinion) if realism were the primary focus.

The ship has definitely sailed though; more than I could have ever initially imagined. :/

i'm sick of hearing the word realistic when discussing VIDEO GAMES.  just for that I hope they ad power ranger type zords in a future update it would serve you right. "realistic" I hate that word.

Go play Saints Row if you want wacky sh*t. Not every single game series on the goddamn planet needs to be over the top ridiculous bullsh*t.

You do realize the original  saints row games were based on gta san andreas right?

Also, before gtao even came out, gtav already had UFOs, a ghost, a yeti, mescaline fueled animalities. GTA isn't supposed to be normal.

The wacky stuff doesn't bother me. I dont buy all of it but I had to get that rocket bike, which btw is way better than the saints row rocket bike. That thing is hilarious and I don't even grief people. So in the chance that they come out with something else that is that much fun, I say they keep going.

That goes for the businesses too. I hope we get a pimp business next; the clothes and cars for that update would be awesome.

• MisFit-138 and Nossirag like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

- Paid DLC (unless is Story Mode DLC)
- Premium currency (we have enough with Shark Cards)
- Season passes (unlikely)
- Loot boxes
  • SaveTheZombies and alkaline_ like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

Working turn signals.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

Even the first ever GTA had wacky things in it... it's likely that things like Saints Row were copying GTA anyway... most people who complain about GTA Online with the so called unrealistic things probably don't remember the earlier GTAs but only remember GTA IV which they went out of their way to remove wacky things, I was rather shocked to find out the tank didn't exist in GTA IV.. good game all the same but GTA has always been a satirical take on American movies & such :D

Yes the older games have "wacky things" in them but they only gave you a handful of them in each game until gta online. Lets see what is more outlandish? A jetpack in san andreas or a flying bike that fires missiles, a batmobile that can fire missiles and launch into the air using a jet engine, and a car that can bunnyhop and can glide using a parachute in gta online?

Gotta include the dlc for gta iv if making an argument with gta online dlc. In the dlc we got the buzzard, apc, annihilator firing explosive miniguns, and the parachute. GTA Online has so many outlandish things it might as well be a different game to the gta series. I love the top down gta games, I love the 3d gta games, I love gta iv and dlc, but do not enjoy gta online. Maybe because the unrealistic things are so overdone and unbalanced that it makes them not enjoyable to use in a multiplayer setting.

• R3CON, The-Irish-Hunter, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

Steamy_breezy
  • Steamy_breezy

Just Stretching

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:38 AM

Hulk and/or spiderman.

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

- Boat DLC

- Laser weapons

- Constant AM 2x bonuses

- More supercar prototypes like X80

- A U2 song

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

More unrealistic crap

• Commander S, R3CON, -LN- and 1 other like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

More unrealistic crap posts
  • MisFit-138 and Zaniness like this

Mister_Incredible92
  • Mister_Incredible92

The Vigilante himself.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Posts that are unrealistic.

• Zaniness likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:16 AM Edited by KWF1981, 12 October 2017 - 10:17 AM.

Yeah, much has been added that I never really wanted or liked. At this point it don't matter... It put me off and I left... Unfortunately it's too childish now, it's for children now, certainly aimed at those with low attention spans, boom, bang, crash... Zzzz...

* I do love reading all the hate for the younger players, kids are a doddle, they're kids... It's the adults preying/antagonising them that are the real poisonous c*nts with serious issues people wanna be careful off... Idiots.

I suppose I wouldn't want nukes, or anything like the Iron Man/Hulk/Flash type tings I've seen the PC modders use either, but then again, there's the Beast mode in freeroam, never did it,  never watched it, could be wrong, but sounds similar. Though seems to be less glitch-able, again, could be wrong... Load of crap to me...

And the day the mod menus or whatever they're called come to current gen, well, that'll be about it for a host of players I recon. Potential game killer. Not that I want GTA:O to continue (I want it to end, I want a new GTA, not anything out of spite mind you, just while this sells, the next gets further away, lol) but the day those clowns make it over, I can see many just say 'forget it' as there was such an issue on old gen, and PC sounds like hell too...

I certainly wouldn't want this game to go out like that. Never will agree with cheating/glitching... Just had to learn to suffer it often here, huge contribution to me quitting too. But it's another thing I wouldn't want to see... More cheats/exploits/glitches... But that's dreamland...

• hei3enberg likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:41 AM Edited by HARBUJAHN, 12 October 2017 - 10:42 AM.

Unrealistic steak! If ain't the real shizzle with a sizzle GTFO
  • MisFit-138, R3CON and Happy Hunter like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:38 AM Edited by R3CON, 12 October 2017 - 11:49 AM.

Monthly subscription
Loot boxes
Continued unrealistic DLC
GTA being Online only and no single-player
More money wipes
Research -style paywalls and randomization
Racist protagonists
Superheros
COD-style jumping/running off walls
Season passes
Children NPCs
Content specifically designed to appeal to kids and teens instead of adults
More activities like yoga and darts instead of GTA classics like police, fire and paramedic missions
Transformers, Magic, Lightsabers, etc

I just want Rockstar make GTA with the spirit of the 3D era and the rags to riches crime theme.
  • HARBUJAHN, iLLYHiGHROLLER, Rafae and 1 other like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

- A U2 song

- A new radio station with only "Songs of Innocence" songs.
  • Bruce Khansey likes this

benjaminstrike
  • benjaminstrike

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Actual paid DLCs.

I would like this actually. The content will be more quality, and needing to have fun wouldn't be such a grind.
  • KWF1981 likes this

dino722
  • dino722

Thug

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

I don't want to see copy and paste ceo business crate stuff dlc in the future.

THIS

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:53 PM Edited by MisFit-138, 12 October 2017 - 01:54 PM.

Yes the older games have "wacky things" in them but they only gave you a handful of them in each game until gta online. Lets see what is more outlandish? A jetpack in san andreas or a flying bike that fires missiles, a batmobile that can fire missiles and launch into the air using a jet engine, and a car that can bunnyhop and can glide using a parachute in gta online?

Gotta include the dlc for gta iv if making an argument with gta online dlc. In the dlc we got the buzzard, apc, annihilator firing explosive miniguns, and the parachute. GTA Online has so many outlandish things it might as well be a different game to the gta series. I love the top down gta games, I love the 3d gta games, I love gta iv and dlc, but do not enjoy gta online. Maybe because the unrealistic things are so overdone and unbalanced that it makes them not enjoyable to use in a multiplayer setting.
But its not "just a handful of wacky items" in the older games. Every aspect of those games is absurd. From the dialogue of the npc's to the missions themselves. The comercials on the radio, the products, the callers, the Australian/American war, Liberty City Survivor, Candy Suxx, vigilante mode, all clues that the player can stop taking everthing so seriously. Im not ignoring IV, I'm just not using it as this series definitive game. If I were, id be ignoring the 15 other games in the series. Back in the day, nobody called the first Saints Row a "wacky game in the vein of GTA" it was straight up a "subpar gta clone". Whats more outlandish, a jetpack or rocket bike? Neither. Google is your friend. Flying motorcycles and jetpacks exist. Drones are capable of missile strikes. All these technologies already exist, its all pretty much billionaire exclusive. If Vice City had 30 Tommy Vercetti's running around, it wouldnt be much different than GTA:O. Also, if people have such a problem with pvp, play sp. It's more "realistic" and will show all their friends and family just what a transcendent and mature video game player they are.
  • SaveTheZombies likes this

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by jdv95, 12 October 2017 - 02:12 PM.

But its not "just a handful of wacky items" in the older games. Every aspect of those games is absurd. From the dialogue of the npc's to the missions themselves. The comercials on the radio, the products, the callers, the Australian/American war, Liberty City Survivor, Candy Suxx, vigilante mode, all clues that the player can stop taking everthing so seriously. Im not ignoring IV, I'm just not using it as this series definitive game. If I were, id be ignoring the 15 other games in the series. Back in the day, nobody called the first Saints Row a "wacky game in the vein of GTA" it was straight up a "subpar gta clone". Whats more outlandish, a jetpack or rocket bike? Neither. Google is your friend. Flying motorcycles and jetpacks exist. Drones are capable of missile strikes. All these technologies already exist, its all pretty much billionaire exclusive. If Vice City had 30 Tommy Vercetti's running around, it wouldnt be much different than GTA:O. Also, if people have such a problem with pvp, play sp. It's more "realistic" and will show all their friends and family just what a transcendent and mature video game player they are.

you had me until you pulled that BS about that pvp thing.

we can have "wacky things" and pve in the same update/context you know. no need to make that "wise ass" remark regarding SP and "mature gamer".

doesn't realy help advocating your point.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

ITT: majority of the reactions complaining about stuff that's already in the game

I personally don't really feel the need for an aquatic themed DLC. Water is heavily underutilized in the game and I feel like Rockstar would waste their time if they were to focus on it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users