Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do anyone think online might get loot boxes?

110 replies to this topic
ShimmerDoll
  • ShimmerDoll

Bird of Prey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

People hate loot boxes. They just got reversed in Forza.  It's been an on going problem for a years in some games. Way back to Star Trek online in 2010

Here's recent hate for them and there's petitions and review bombing against them all the time. Just this past two weeks there's been uncountable amounts of videos on youtube against them especially for Battlefront 2 and Shadow of War. I don't know why anyone would want that garbage in a game.

• Unruly, _47_, Xiled and 2 others like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

S

How do they work?

Lootboxes?

It's like gambling. The more you pay the chances u get goodies.

Forza,Star Wars,shadow of war,ac.cod. They all have this system now In placed.

Started with overwatch and ppl saying oh it's "cosmetic" doesn't effect gameplay.....well lookie now.

Oh god so its like black markets from cod? Sorry but f*ck no. It's already bad enough we have sharlk cards. Last thing we need is to have to gamble for in-game crap. 

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

Probably too late for GTA: Online, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made their way to RDR2's multiplayer, considering pretty much every game has loot boxes nowadays. As long as they're optional, I don't really mind.

kovaandr
  • kovaandr

If you gonna act like a bitch, you gonna die like a bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

The Lootboxes in Overwatch work perfectly, as they only contain cosmetic content and the overall game is balanced.

For GTA however I don't see them ever doing Lootboxes like that. They will try, but the contents will probably not be limited to comsmetics and novelties, and that's where I draw the line.

• Smooth Longsack and Nossirag like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

The Lootboxes in Overwatch work perfectly, as they only contain cosmetic content and the overall game is balanced.

For GTA however I don't see them ever doing Lootboxes like that. They will try, but the contents will probably not be limited to comsmetics and novelties, and that's where I draw the line.

No matter what else they drop I still maintain you can do everything with just a special carbine, heavy sniper and akuma.

Not that it matters, within a matter of hours someone will figure out how to glitch it so you can get them all for minimum effort.

zombieRAGE
  • zombieRAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'd prefer crate drops again, tbh.

I agree, that's exactly what I thought of when I first read the title of this thread.. but I was hoping that they might bring back crate drops for the holidays, would be cool if they added in Santas slay that would fly over the map to drop the packages 😁
  • REXX likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

The problem with loot crates is that little kids and dumb adults keep buying them, so game developers keep putting them into sh*t

I'd prefer crate drops again, tbh.

Now this needs to happen!

Logging in to grab the free clothing isn't a fun as killing people for crates.

Though now probably won't be as fun, with rocket bikes, APCs, jets, and all sorts of weaponized vehicles stalking the area.

• Goingcrowd9 and Sanches like this

ParsoOnFire
  • ParsoOnFire

Barrel of a .45

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

55a.gif

Loot boxes are a good concept in a F2P game, but in a $60 AAA title, NO

• bulldog385, Xiled, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

Unruly
  • Unruly

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Another one of these kinds of threads?? Yikes. I'll bite though.

No, I don't think there'll be loot boxes.

Shark cards are already doing the most for R*, and it's the best way for them to make money for DLCs and developing other titles without restricting content or making GTAO's updates a paid thing.

• Rafae and Sanches like this

Lalisa
  • Lalisa

If it's not fun, why bother?

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:07 AM Edited by Lalisa, 10 October 2017 - 11:09 AM.

Highly unlikely. Shark cards are a way better source of profit. Want that car? Buy this card! Want that shirt? No problem, just give me your money

Loot boxes are more unpredictable/random since you never know what you might get. Shark cards on the other hand are the complete opposite since they satisfy the customer in an immediate and effective way. It's a win-win for both sides

Besides...how would that work in GTA: Online? Do you open a box and wait for the legendarysuperohmygah unicorn mask? 

• Rafae and Unruly like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:20 AM Edited by Sanches, 10 October 2017 - 11:20 AM.

Started with overwatch

*cough* Team Fortress 2 *cough*

• Alvarez likes this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

I doubt they'll do it now because shark cards is already getting them enough cash, but I'm absolutely sure they'll find a way to install that cancerous system into the next-installment.

Maybe they'll do it in such a way to purchase in-game cryptocurrency with real money that you can trade for in-game money or a chance to get "unique" t-shirts, liveries, masks, gun skins. Maybe they'll reintroduce Lester to be the businessman you got to trade with for these sh*tty dropboxes, or rather lootboxes, and makes some "self-aware" jokes about how scummy this is.
  • Rafae, IamCourtney and Xiled like this

-WaVy-
  • -WaVy-

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

What would they include inside the loot boxes? Trying to be creative and think of something but just woke up, zzzzZzzzZzz.

55a.gif

Loot boxes are a good concept in a F2P game, but in a $60 AAA title, NO

You think he spelled jurnal wrong on purpose? I have this urge to fix it.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

Loot boxes would be like taking the stressful part of now-removed Special Crates (without the fun part) and combining it with the inherent BS of the T-shirt cannon and the randomness of the “special discounts for you” system.

Imagine if Explosive rounds for the Combat MG were inside such a loot box and the sh**-tsunami that would start.
  • Xiled and Remapped like this

Remapped
  • Remapped

i hate post op vans

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Am generally worried ! No please not Rockstar as well.

I could easily write a massive wall of rant/text as to why not but, Rockstar did add that crappy RNG research wall in gunrunning.

Snu
  • Snu

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Well since every aaa dev is putting them in their games more than last year. This begs the questions would r* actually follow this route and put a loot box system where you would get unlocks or perks or boosts.

Maybe not this gta but next one I can see and rdr2 as well

Propably not for this one but it's very possible next gta might have it since they love milking money so much like every other company

• ash-274 likes this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

As if Shark Cards wasn`t enough, don`t give them ideas!

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

Well since every aaa dev is putting them in their games more than last year. This begs the questions would r* actually follow this route and put a loot box system where you would get unlocks or perks or boosts.

Maybe not this gta but next one I can see and rdr2 as well

they sort of done something like that, they used to do special crate drops in gta online's early days. :lol:

MusicMan05
  • MusicMan05

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Spoiler

they sort of done something like that, they used to do special crate drops in gta online's early days. :lol:
In GTA: Chinatown Wars they had Scratch Cards. If Rockstar wanted include their own "loot crates," I could see them adding Scratch Cards to GTA: Online. Instead of buying Scratch Cards for real $, Scratch Cards could be purchased from Store Clerks using GTA$, or dropped by enemies. Unlike GTA:CW Scratch Cards that ranged from $4-15, GTA:Online Scratch Cards could range from $5-150K+ depending on the card type.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:30 AM Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 11 October 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Why is everyone assuming that you need everything in GTA?

Loot boxes, scratch cards, whatever may unlock unique items (things which there should be more of - nothing is unique now, not even the once time locked vehicles since they re-release them or even make them very much available all of the time).

Even the GR "pay wall" bullsh*t wasn't an issue and I welcomed it - shame they allowed fast tracking it.

There needs to be more ways for people to not have access to everything in game, provided it doesn't give a massive advantage to those who do unlock/win/acquire it.

Things like the Roosevelt were like rocking horse sh*t, it was a rare car that I was proud to own. Then they re-release it with the Valor version too, it's now like a clitoris - every c*nts got one.
Or the Romeo herse, once rare (due to having to be spawned in), now - because of the Biker update, everyone can get one.

Is nothing rare anymore? Does everyone need to buy everything instantly (and complain about paywalls and the like)?

I would welcome loot crates if they come with items which were rare but didn't give any unfair advantage.
  • _47_ likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Air Mercenary Contractor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

People should stop asking for stuff and leave it to Rockstar to make their own minds up on the direction of GTAO. In my opinion no loot crates, no bullSh*t gimmick.

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

Loot boxes, scratch cards, whatever may unlock unique items (things which there should be more of - nothing is unique now, not even the once time locked vehicles since they re-release them or even make them very much available all of the time).

Things like the Roosevelt were like rocking horse sh*t, it was a rare car that I was proud to own. Then they re-release it with the Valor version too, it's now like a clitoris - every c*nts got one.

Or the Romeo herse, once rare (due to having to be spawned in), now - because of the Biker update, everyone can get one.

Is nothing rare anymore? Does everyone need to buy everything instantly (and complain about paywalls and the like)?

I would welcome loot crates if they come with items which were rare but didn't give any unfair advantage.

Worst take I've seen in a while. Boo hoo you can't be a special snowflake and parade around what other people can't have, and instead have to share your toys. Who cares? You clearly don't actually like them because of what they are since apparently now that everyone has them it's soiled it for you. 

• Mattoropael, Xiled, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Worst take I've seen in a while. Boo hoo you can't be a special snowflake and parade around what other people can't have, and instead have to share your toys. Who cares? You clearly don't actually like them because of what they are since apparently now that everyone has them it's soiled it for you.

You missed the entire point of the post.

Who cares about unique items? Are you serious? A lot of people in many different games care about unique items. Weapon skins in FPS games and unicorn cars in Forza to name a couple. Hell, even special crates with time limited t-shirts in GTA were being chased and still are in demand. How would a unique t-shirt or vehicle which gives no major advantage actually harm anyone or anything?

Day one, GTA Online, there were a bunch of rare cars. I spent days searching for a Sabre Turbo and Sultan. They rarely spawned. Today, everywhere and purchasable from the relevant websites. The Nemesis I believe was rare once. People, other than those chrome Adder driving sheeple, wanted rare, wanted something different to what everyone else had.

More unique, rare, hard to acquire items should be in GTA. If they give no advantage how can that possibly be a bad thing? All that shows is petty jealousy - we can't have people parading around with unique things, we must all have the exact same sh*t...

Should I use the "boo hoo" argument for all those whining about "paywalls" or "forced public sessions" or even "shark card pushing" etc?
  • _47_ likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Do you even know what jealously means? It means having something and not wanting anyone else to have it. If you're gonna bring up that at least get the term right. 

Hard to acquire, maybe, but lootboxes are not hard to acquire, they're just obnoxious. There's no skill involved in pressing a button and getting something randomly picked for you and having to either grind and grind to get another lootbox to try again or just pay for a bunch and try your luck. It's like saying people who win slot machines are skilled. 

• The-Irish-Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:39 PM Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 11 October 2017 - 12:40 PM.

Do you even know what jealously means? It means having something and not wanting anyone else to have it. If you're gonna bring up that at least get the term right. 
Hard to acquire, maybe, but lootboxes are not hard to acquire, they're just obnoxious. There's no skill involved in pressing a button and getting something randomly picked for you and having to either grind and grind to get another lootbox to try again or just pay for a bunch and try your luck. It's like saying people who win slot machines are skilled.

Seriously, practice what you preach. Google the damn word and it brings back this...

in a way that shows an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.

You're possibly thinking of Selfishness.

You still miss the point. So with both in mind, there's little point in continuing until you understand what's being said.
  • _47_ likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Below that is the original meaning of the word which is

in a fiercely protective or possessive way.

. AKA not wanting others to have what you have. 

Semantics aside you could actually try and respond to my point, that is if you have an actual rebuttal and don't just wanna be pedantic.

• The-Irish-Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 PM Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 11 October 2017 - 02:07 PM.

Sorry, I must have completely missed your point... /sarcasm

I've not delved in to the details of how loot boxes could work but only said they, in my opinion, could be a good idea if they bring unique, non over powered, non advantage giving items to GTA.

Regardless of how they could be gained, how would a loot box t-shirt cause any issues? How would being a "special snowflake" wanting unique items to flaunt cause any issues? In you're own words - boo hoo, someone has something you have been unable to acquire.

The workings of loot boxes could be done in such a way that it wouldn't cause issues either. After all, there's been an ongoing demand for rank above 120 to give the player something - each rank up offers a free loot box, or spin of the wheel or whatever. Or job points, which have served little purpose outside of a playlist, could open up loot boxes, every 10, 50, 100, whatever JP earned cumulatively could give a loot box or wheel spin or whatever. No grinding for stuff, just bonus items with unique items in the mix every now and then. But that's just a couple of ideas that a) would not give any unfair advantage and b) avoid an unnecessary grind.

Personally I cannot see a single issue with either the rank unlocked loot box idea nor the JP unlocked loot box idea. No advantage, no cost, no grind (well, you could but that's true of anything).

Now, since it's Rockstar/Take Two, they will want revenue. Purchase of loot boxes for gta$, much like in FH3 and the purchase of wheel spins, could be added in. Totally optional, only those who want to waste money for a chance of winning more (or less) money, unique cars, unique skins, t-shirts, ammo, guns, boosts (i.e. heist setup skips where you can skip an entire setup mission, 2x$ or 2xRP for contact missions)

Loads of choice, a lot of ideas without thinking much.

What's so bad about more choice, rare items, a reason for rank to go up to 8000, etc. and no advantage given? What's so bad about wanting to be a special snowflake and flaunting unique items?
  • _47_ likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:14 PM Edited by D.B. Cooper, 11 October 2017 - 02:14 PM.

You had me until the purchasing lootboxes. They're just not kosher. Level up and get a random item that's unique to your character, sure. Have Rockstar string you along hoping that the next one will have the item you want and encouraging a 'just one more try' mentality while offering more lootboxes if you keep spending more money? That's borderline encouragement of a gambling addiction.

• The-Irish-Hunter, KWF1981, Sanches and 1 other like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

So Rockstar can't make a little money from those stupid enough to waste it?

Not gonna happen if they don't make money so why ignore that?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

redy 2 die

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

If they do I'll drive my car into the side of a Wendy's.

I'll be upset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users