85 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fw3, 2 weeks ago.

Yes, this thread is about those stupid little things you do in the game, for no reason other than a cheap giggle, chuckle, or quick heh-heh.

There are almost an unlimited number of weird little things to do in this game that are far, far outside the normal gameplay or typical stuff that most people do in the game. Below are a few examples of some of the stupid pleasures I get from the game that crack me up.

Limited AFK Killing Spree:
Using every melee weapon to repeatedly kill an AFK player, just for kicks, over and over until they fight back or leave.

Landing Strip:

Landing your Oppressor on moving box trucks or cars on the highway.

Geyser Popping:

Driving into a fire hydrant until water shoots up, then throwing sticky bombs into it just to watch them explode.

Burn, Baby, Burn:
Aligning the rocket/back-end of the Rocket Voltic to a group of NPCs and blasting them.
Works great with vehicles, too! 

Spoiler

NPC Troublemaker:
Getting groups of 2-3 NPC character
s to fight with each other.
Spoiler

Clearing the Cars Out:

Pulling NPCs out of their cars and not stealing the car.

Pedestrian Knockdown:

Running into pedestrians, just to know them over. Simple, yet so satisfying!

Driverless Training:

Climbing aboard the GTAV train, creeping up to the conductor, and shooting him. Makes you feel sorry for the conductor. Or not.

So, what are some of the really stupid, silly, inane things you do in the game - that are outside the norm of what everyone else might be doing - that make you just chuckle with delight at just how stupid what you're doing is?

Would enjoy reading about other player's exploits! Cheers! :)

• Hazzardtohimself, IamCourtney, Skeve613 and 5 others like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HeistsActivist, 2 weeks ago.

Ragdoll physics that randomly happen but then I get mad that I can't save a recording of it because I have to much in my capture gallery.

People in my heist group not listening to me and then goofin off but it is actually funny

And prolly tryhards and how they act idk

Oh and First!

EDIT: Also you made these sound like the names of PSN Trophies and Xbox Acheivements good work!
  • fw3 likes this

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, this thread is about those stupid little things you do in the game, for no reason other than a cheap giggle, chuckle, or quick heh-heh.

There are almost an unlimited number of weird little things to do in this game that are far, far outside the normal gameplay or typical stuff that most people do in the game. Below are a few examples of some of the stupid pleasures I get from the game that crack me up.

Limited AFK Killing Spree:
Using every melee weapon to repeatedly kill an AFK player, just for kicks, over and over until they fight back or leave.

Landing Strip:

Landing your Oppressor on moving box trucks or cars on the highway.

Geyser Popping:

Driving into a fire hydrant until water shoots up, then throwing sticky bombs into it just to watch them explode.

Burn, Baby, Burn:
Aligning the rocket/back-end of the Rocket Voltic to a group of NPCs and blasting them.
Works great with vehicles, too! 

Spoiler

NPC Troublemaker:
Getting groups of 2-3 NPC character
s to fight with each other.
Spoiler

Clearing the Cars Out:

Pulling NPCs out of their cars and not stealing the car.

Pedestrian Knockdown:

Running into pedestrians, just to know them over. Simple, yet so satisfying!

Driverless Training:

Climbing aboard the GTAV train, creeping up to the conductor, and shooting him. Makes you feel sorry for the conductor. Or not.

So, what are some of the really stupid, silly, inane things you do in the game - that are outside the norm of what everyone else might be doing - that make you just chuckle with delight at just how stupid what you're doing is?

Would enjoy reading about other player's exploits! Cheers! :)

crash tester.

just getting a random NPC car and see how much i can deform it before exploding. mostly done by crushing it between a wall and a big ass truck.

flop gear.

going to LSIA and drive my car around the airport while pretending i'm jeremy clarkson.

enjoying the show.

going to a warzone and standing around in passive (without abusing it) watching the fights and being curious how it will end.

• fw3, PwnageSoldier, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by sleepwalk1980, 2 weeks ago.

Dentist's Bills

Jumping from one ledge to another knowing that the gap is slightly too big and so my character faceplants the other ledge, ragdolling onto the floor.

Suckerpunch

Punching the fat people on Vespucci beach from behind so they drop their icecream, or I make their hat/glasses fly off.

Have A Nice Day

Making a perfect smiley face by doing burnouts/wheelspins

Stock Car Racer

Seeing how much damage I can do to an NPC car before I destroy it completely.

(Goes hand-in-hand with; Stripped Naked - Seeing if I can smash all the panels, hood and trunk off of a car by crashing it without destroying it totally)

Sparklers

Shooting out two or more tyres and seeing how fast/far I can drive before losing control

Practice Makes Perfect

Trying to get that perfect slide round a corner in your car

• Perez84, jdv95, fw3 and 2 others like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SilverRST, 2 weeks ago.

Off the Map Carrying Precious Presents

Going off radar while driving in my Insurgent Pickup Custom and placing 5 Proximity Mines in and around LSC in LS.

Success rate of someone gets killed by your Mines: 100%

Success rate of the same player getting killed twice: 50%

• fw3, IamCourtney and PwnageSoldier like this

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

Chasing bounties might be one.. but it is kinda game related.. so i guess not objective based:

Getting on the train, or the roof of a truck trailer/bus, and enjoy the ride haha.

• fw3 likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

New game mode: ISIS Crisis

Pull on a shamag, then run around stabbing as many NPCs as possible before getting shot dead by the cops.
  • Shadowfennekin, fw3, IamCourtney and 4 others like this

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Save the best for last:
Kill the last target in HeadHunter with a melee weapon.
Theres is (almost ?) always 1 'static' target, kill the terminator guards and you are good to go :) !

Lose ends:
Kill every enemy in a mission.
Usually more effective to just pass the mission, but just feels statisfying.

Mustket:
Only use 'old' weapons like Musket, Marksman Pistol, Double-barreled shotgun and sometimes the sniper-rifle.
Again not effective, but can spice things up sometimes.
  • fw3, sleepwalk1980, PwnageSoldier and 1 other like this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Cheesy_wotsit, 2 weeks ago.

I am watching you

Park your APC somewhere were you know other players are going to go, outside a car mod shop is usually a good place and then just sit there and watch to see what other players will do. You have to play totally AFK, so if you're sitting in the turret seat no looking around as this will move the turret giving you away. You'll always get some try hard who thinks they can blow you up (that usually ends well for them) but shockingly most folk just seem to mess around.

You can't land there

Get a Tula and try and land it in stupid and impossible places, so far the support frame for the cable car system on Mount Chilliad is one of the best (you literally can't get out of the vehicle without falling to your death) other favourites are on another players MOC, bonus points if it's moving. Or on a passing train, a bonus point for ever second it survives without clipping obstacles at the side of the track.

• fw3, Goingcrowd9 and kovaandr like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Im totally lost with this one... Uhh, i'll try to make one...
Uhh.. ohh.. Hmmm...

Roleplaying?

Spent more than 700 hours roleplaying with a single friend using imagination engine.

• fw3, Goingcrowd9 and PajeroJonas like this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd tell you what makes me smile, but I'd probably get banned from this discussion board if I did.
  • fw3 likes this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Operation Leroy Jenkins

This is what i do when the leroy jenkins are present in a contact missions or heists, usually they are the ones with the quirky and weird outfits, shooting like crazy in my car, and then when i arrived at the destination i drift into the scene and set my vehicle access to no one and drive away, and you shall see the leroy jenkins get whacked by the overpowered NPC hahaha
  • fw3 and Goingcrowd9 like this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Practice Makes Perfect

I swear there was a day when I got that perfect slide, it was in a Karin BeeJay XL, down by Vespucci Canal, trying to avoid the police.

Thank you for reminding me that there was one good day in my life haha

• fw3, sleepwalk1980 and Goingcrowd9 like this

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Invite hookers over and leave before they show up.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Practice Makes Perfect

I swear there was a day when I got that perfect slide, it was in a Karin BeeJay XL, down by Vespucci Canal, trying to avoid the police.

I keep trying to get it. I managed it once in my Dominator. But forgot to record it in all my excitement.

• CaptainMarvel, Goingcrowd9 and septimoose like this

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Practice Makes Perfect

I got one, long-powerslide in my (normal) kuruma once, near where the first LTS you play in the turtorial is.
Felt indeed statisfying :).
  • septimoose likes this

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted A week ago

I like shooting NPCs on bikes driving on the highway. Somehow, watching them slump against the bike and fall off at high speed is fun. I prefer to only shoot them, not headshot for a kill. Also head on collisions with bikes. Most enjoyable when said bike ends up under my car and explodes. Ramming NPC cars off the highway, and watching them fall to whatever is below. Bonus points if they land on the roof and explode.

I also like to get on top of empty trucks where I can 'take cover' on the bed as the NPC drives around. I like kicking the truck then, to make them drive more 'aggressively' as they attempt to get away. It works with white box trucks too, but you have to watch out because your character moves when the truck turns... also, traffic lights can knock you off. It's a bit sad this doesn't work with Picadors or other, smaller trucks. 

Also after certain heist setups that respawn you next to Vespucci Beach, I'm usually in passive mode... and I love running into NPCs there, and then running all over them repeatedly until they 'die' and drop that sweet $20 as I wait for the next setup invite.

• Rafae and Goingcrowd9 like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

When an NPC gets stuck on my car spoiler or truck bed while giving chase or being chased. The rag doll physics and the npc audio of it being scared (if Im lucky enough for the npc still being alive) makes me chuckle.
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Paint The Town Red

Trying to do a wheelspin on a dead NPC's head so you get a big bloodspray shooting out from your wheel

Unstoppable Force

Trying to put as many cars as possible on a train crossing before it arrives

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Causing fights between NPC's

It's a matter of luck. Most attempts won't work, but when it does, it always gives me a giggle. You need to find a few stood close together. Then jump into one. If done right, they will stumble and fall onto the other NPC's, and sometimes, one or more of those NPC's will get pi&&ed off...not at you, but the pedestrian you knocked into them & then square up to them and start slugging it out.

The best I've managed was a 6 pedestrian brawl on the pier

-- firing rockets into water as I'm flying over. I just like seeing those spouts of water shooting into the air. And you need to get the depth of water right, or it won't erupt before you reach it.

--BMX down a mountain or riding at cars moving in traffic head on & trying to jump them.

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

A shrink wrapped hamster.

TheDoombringer
  • TheDoombringer

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Doing criminal damage sure the money is good but my main motivation is destruction and chaos
  • fw3 likes this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Rapidly flicking my AP pistol's flashlight on/off in the shopkeeper's face

Blaine County Bingo: seeing how many country folk I can haul out of their cars in a row before one of them DOESN'T wanna throw hands

Responding to angry txts from other playes with "I AM POOP BOY!!!!!!!!!!"
  • fw3, PwnageSoldier and Goingcrowd9 like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

The best I've managed was a 6 pedestrian brawl on the pier

Awesome!! The best I've managed was a three transvestite brawl over at the night club (across from LSC).

You can see pics of it in this thread, on page 2! Enjoy!

• deadx23, tommyguns and Coninefan like this

.Diana McFarland.
  • .Diana McFarland.

Cam Newton's Baby's Momma

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Diana 2016
    Best Diana 2017

Posted A week ago

bopping a crewmate/friend with my car until they get annoyed with me and then i pretend like im gonna stop and then i keep doing it

• Rafae, IamCourtney and damnimsowasted like this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

What happened just now. Using my Rogue to try and get a missile lock on a low level with a bounty as he traveled in a car. I ended up getting a lock on a nearby player and the missile went off to the side, but killed him and destroyed his PV.

After pressing down on the D-Pad to see the player list. It was a level 265 IGN member wearing a tryhard mask. So I only felt guilty about killing him by mistake for a few seconds.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Coming back to my game and seeing my character getting air-humped by two, sometimes three males. Then setting off a stickie in my hand.

*coitus interruptus*

This has happened so many times and I suspect it's a good portion of my pathetic K/D.

• Rafae, Goingcrowd9, the J is for Julia and 1 other like this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Stealing a fire truck and spraying NPCs and cops with it. You can sometimes cause an NPC brawl if you spray them into each other in a crowded area.
  • sleepwalk1980 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

-Creeping out homophobic squeakers.
-Trevor's shenanigans, like cross dressing, showing his junk to Floyd, then spooning him in one of the character switch scenarios.
  •  likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Mugger Madness

Call a mugger on a friend in a tank, aiming to have the mugger steal the tank from them and take control. This make take a few tries.

Once it does work, have someone get police attention and bring the cops near the mugger, and watch the chaos unfold...

*a variant of this is using a Cargobob to drop the mugger tank or an NPC-occupied tank abducted from Zancudo into an active PvP warzone and seeing how many people it can kill before it gets taken out

PV Relocation

While flying a Cargobob, look for people busy in a clothes or gun shop. If you can find their personal vehicle outside, pick it up and deposit it on the roof of the store before they notice you are there and watch to see how they react to not being able to figure out where their car is.

For players with bikes left outside, you can also purposefully park your own personal vehicle on top of their bike so they can't pick their bike up.

• sleepwalk1980, Verstappen, BuzzSaw_U_All and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users