Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has it ever been mentioned what jobs Ryder, Sweet and Big Smoke have?

5 replies to this topic
miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

In the prologue video, The Introduction, Sweet implies that he didn't go to college and I think this must apply to Big Smoke and Ryder too. In the OG Loc mission, when OG Loc mentions that his parole officer hooked him up with a job, Big Smoke throws a line that implies that having a normal job is a bad thing, something a gangster shouldn't be having, I suppose.

Does the plot ever inform you about what these characters do for a living?

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

OG Loc is a "hygiene technician", which can be safely assumed to be a cleaner. He's also seen cleaning in various cutscenes in Burger Shot.

Other than that, I can't recall any mention of any of them having a job.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

They don't have jobs. It's part of the whole gang-banging "f*ck the system" bullsh*t. Loc only had a job because he was made to get one, and look what happened a few days later (that workplace bullying tho).

They subsist either by fleecing the pockets of the people they kill or probably just with theft and/or dealing drugs.

• JB1982, Steezy. and miserkatulle like this

GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie
  • GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

Probably protection racketeering, drug dealing, gun smuggling. The way normal gang-bangers make money. What do you think Tony Soprano's day job was in the Soprano's?

• Steezy. likes this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

OG Loc is the only one with a job, he works as a cleaner in Burger Shot.

The others I assume make money from committing crimes, they are gangbangers after all.

Sweet is the leader of GSF, so most of the money the gang brings in would naturally go to him.

Ryder brings in a lot of guns for the gang, so maybe he makes money off of that. In addition, Ryder also does a lot of robbery and burglary (like when he attempted to rob the pizza shop, and when he and cj broke into the old veteran guy's house). He probably makes a lot of money from working with his homie LB as well.

Big Smoke is most likely drug dealing on the side with the Ballas and Vagos, with Sweet none the wiser. I imagine he's also getting money from CRASH for doing their dirty work. (Got some money from his "Aunt", proceeds to move out of the Grove)

And CJ, well, we all know how he gets his money.

Also keep in mind that once you're able to take over hoods, you gain money from the assets every day. So taking over hoods is very profitable, maybe the local stores are being extorted.
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123 likes this

nader91
  • nader91

B.G.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

big smoke's slangin' crack for all i know

Probably protection racketeering, drug dealing, gun smuggling. The way normal gang-bangers make money. What do you think Tony Soprano's day job was in the Soprano's?

his day job was running a garbage business no?

• Steezy. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users