Quantcast

» «
Photo

[MP] The Game

WIP
9 replies to this topic

Poll: The Groups of 'The Game' (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which group is your favorite?

1. The Butterflies (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. The Crows (0 votes [0.00%])

3. The Hawks (0 votes [0.00%])

4. The Lions (1 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. The Owls (1 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

6. The Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by The Half-Blood Prince, 13 hours ago.

Hi9Ii2C.png

In the year of 2025, new forms of conflicts, caused by the law of the extinction of most part of the paternal restrictions on children in the development phase of their personalities, reach different individuals and their subjectivities. They all need to learn how to play The Game to fit in with these conflicts and live together to show their socially acceptable personality to the world, as they articulate secretly to conquer their desires, aspirations and ambitions as they learned before: with few restrictions and scarce rules.

Story follows a trainee group, with people of different ages and tastes, and how they face the conflicts caused by the Game, as well as its rules and how it works. But what was supposed to be a normal class with parties and friendships turns into a cruel dispute for a job opportunity, besides personal interests and maniac personalities. 

WHAT IS 'THE GAME'?:

Life consists basically in many moments of social interactions of human beings trying to show the best of their personalities. In an alternative reality, where kids do not receive the appropriate restriction and turns into ambitious adults in the future, there is a process that every human being, alive or dead, practices, and consists in different people articulate schemes to achieve their socially unacceptable ambitions, without showing it to anyone. This process is called "play The Game".

THE GAME IS A SCHEME THAT EVERY HUMAN BEING DOES TO AVOID THE OTHERS TO FIND OUT ABOUT THEIR SOCIAL UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORS/AMBITIONS (SECRETS).  

Examples:

-When you did a bad thing when was a kid and was managed to hide it from your mother, you played the Game;

- When you plan to kill somebody, do it and nobody discovers that it was you, you played the game.

The Society here, as well as ours, is really hypocrite. That's why the players of the Game must follow this rules:

- You never will reveal your Game to anyone. The only exception is if you are in the same group of the other person and you know the other's game aswell;

- You never will get caught playing your Game;

- and the last: You're the main protagonist of the Game. But remember: the others are protagonists of their game aswell;

In case of failing to follow the rules or failing to hide a secret (in other words, if you lose the game), you might end up dead. If you be sucessful (in other words, win the game), well... nothing happens and you will keep living your life normally.

In the Game, either you win, either you die. There is no middle term here. 

THE GROUPS:

In The Game, the players are 20 trainees who dispute a job opportunity in the known City Hall of Los Santos. They're divided in 6 groups, each one representing the animal symbolism to define their professional profiles. The group that gets the higher score in the Company is selected to the job. But what was supposed to be a clean competition turns into a machiavellian game, where all the groups tries to strike the other down, all of that for one purpose: win The Game.

Spoiler

THE PLAYERS:

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Chapter 1

Mission 1 - The Game: Part 1 - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/49954

Mission 2 - The Game: Part 2 - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/49955

Mission 3 - Victory comes for the bravest - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/49995

Mission 4 - Victory comes for the strongest - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/50015

Mission 5 - Victory comes for the darkest - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/50062

Mission 6 - The Hexagon: Part 1 - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/50166

Mission 7 - The Hexagon: Part 2 - Coming soon

Mission 8 - The Hexagon: Part 3 - Coming soon

#TheGame

• .GreenGoo likes this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago Edited by Delaware, A week ago.

The concept of this seems rather difficult and confusing than anything else so far. I hope you take certain things into account, such as the supposed average age of the fellow designers and players in these forums, aswell as the game and it's mechanical limits, because thus far... It doesn't seem like an easy plot for anybody. As of myself, the main thing that I understood from the plot so far is a storyline based on a manipulative environment, which sometimes can be reffered to as... basically life, which to me looks the same today as it would most likely be in 2025, and until the day humans go extinct - only in a different stage of evolution. Secondly, I very much assume that someone's Game, as stated in your plot story, can simply otherwise be reffered to as someone's perspective, which is nothing new to us. What I have found new, is an "alternative society, where kids do not receive the appropriate restriction and turns into ambitious adults in the future, there is a process that every human being, alive or dead, practices, and consists in different people articulate schemes to achieve their socially unacceptable ambitions, without showing it to anyone." So what you basically mean, is a society where kids grow up without parents, without school and/or other subjects that educate them through their childhood? As far as I can assume, such society could simply be called degenerates. If that's what this mission pack is about, then I guess I would still like to give it a try and see what you came up with. Again, you are a talented designer. Good luck.

• The Half-Blood Prince likes this

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by The Half-Blood Prince, A week ago.

The concept of this seems rather difficult and confusing than anything else so far. I hope you take certain things into account, such as the supposed average age of the fellow designers and players in these forums, aswell as the game and it's mechanical limits, because thus far... It doesn't seem like an easy plot for anybody. As of myself, the main thing that I understood from the plot so far is a storyline based on a manipulative environment, which sometimes can be reffered to as... basically life, which to me looks the same today as it would most likely be in 2025, and until the day humans go extinct - only in a different stage of evolution. Secondly, I very much assume that someone's Game, as stated in your plot story, can simply otherwise be reffered to as someone's perspective, which is nothing new to us. What I have found new, is an "alternative society, where kids do not receive the appropriate restriction and turns into ambitious adults in the future, there is a process that every human being, alive or dead, practices, and consists in different people articulate schemes to achieve their socially unacceptable ambitions, without showing it to anyone." So what you basically mean, is a society where kids grow up without parents, without school and/or other subjects that educate them through their childhood? As far as I can assume, such society could simply be called degenerates. If that's what this mission pack is about, then I guess I would still like to give it a try and see what you came up with. Again, you are a talented designer. Good luck.

It's a complex a plot, you got that right. But it's not related to degenerates or extinction. It's an alternative reality (since it's not possible here in ours).

As for the plot, it's basically 20 people divided in 6 groups trying to achieve a job opportunity in the most machiavellian ways.

And about the Game: the Game is hard to define, as I put there. But it's going to be easy to realize how it works by playing the pack. I might release the first mission today. 

Anyway, it's a really simple (talking about gameplay) MP, more like a coffee break project. The only complex thing here is the plot, as you said. I hope I can put it in an easiest way to understand in the pack. 

EDIT: Tried to change a little bit of the script in the topic to make it more understandable. Any doubts you can reply here.

• Delaware likes this

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Links for the first two mission added. Don't forget to check it out and give your feedback.

By the way, I changed a bit the style of this MP because of life out there. I really do not have a lot time to do missions, and they might be with a lower quality compared to my regular missions, but it's all I can do right now. I hope you guys understand. Identity also will be put in hold again since I can't dedicate too much time to finish one mission per week, so I started this project here. It's more like a coffee break, as I said, but I'll try to offer you guys the best I can do right now.

Enjoy and have a great gaming.

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Ain't no one better than you, bitch!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

Oh, man. That's good man, good luck for more.

.GreenGoo
  • .GreenGoo

The Designer

• Members
  • Iran

Posted A week ago

If this awesome work called Coffee Break for you, then I think the whole pack will be mindblowing! I love this style of MPs. But, a question is this an apocalyptic MP?

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

If this awesome work called Coffee Break for you, then I think the whole pack will be mindblowing! I love this style of MPs. But, a question is this an apocalyptic MP?

No, everything will be fine now. Cars and people in the streets, GTA-style and simple gameplay. 

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Ain't no one better than you, bitch!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago Edited by Martin_Strada, A week ago.

I think The Crows will be my favorite

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago Edited by The Half-Blood Prince, 6 days ago.

Now that part of the first chapter is done, let me explain how The Game's structure will work.

First of all, The Game doesn't have a main protagonist. All 20 characters are the protagonists. That's why the missions will take turns from a protagonist to another, focusing on each different group in every single mission. We call "POV" characters (points of view) the ones who are playable in a specific mission. For example: the POV character of the missions 1, 2 and 3 is Paul (The Lions), the 4th is Arya (The Tigers) and the 5th is Jason (The Crows). 

Second of all, this first chapter is only composed by cutscenes and dialogues, having no gameplay parts, for a reason. There are 20 characters to introduce in 8 missions, which makes to be impossible to put a gameplay  part in the missions. Once the player is more familiar with the characters, after the end of the Chapter 1, gameplay will receive a bigger focus. That's why a feedback right is not really requested. But of course, will be always received to improve.

Third, I'll add a poll to the topic, wanting to know which group do you guys like the most. It won't change the story, but it's going to be interesting to know your opinion about the groups.

Fourth, we're getting to a crucial part of the chapter, which is the climax. In the end of every chapter, I'll try to make a scheme of how is the story, alliances, peace treaties and the relations of the groups and the characters, and also pointing the main events and its consequences. Since the plot it's too complex, I'm planning to change the topic structure aswell. That if you guys judge necessary, of course.

That's it. Enjoy your gaming.

• .GreenGoo likes this

Nafil
  • Nafil

KNIFE MASTER

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 5 days ago

Best of luck, very nice missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users