Best Website for a GTA "clone" project

5 replies to this topic
GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

So there's a game project i want to realize called "Wicked Terror Facilities". It's already mentioned in my profile and even tho i said i might scrap it in favor of freelancing, it's rather uncertain as i could have time to do both after college.

So anyway i want to know which website creator is the best for my project, cause i want to have the whole site to be accessible only to those who have a link so it doesnt get (too) viral, pinned posts, being able to edit any post or page multiple times anytime and to add polls.

Here's a list of website builders i'm taking into account (but you can suggest other good ones):

• Angelfire
  • Blogger/Blogspot
  • Weebly
  • Wix (altho it's the last on my mind coz i dont like the way they advertised it on YT)
  • Wordpress (.com has a free version for students which could mean i can only post college/university/studying related stuff, but there's also the personal plan which isnt free but could suit me if i gain enough money via freelancing)

Also, about Wordpress.org, i took web design classes in which we installed the free downloadable pack along with MySQL and Apache, but this doesnt seem to work on my laptop, i tried everything except disabling/uninstalling Skype cause i was afraid the system would crash and i thought i might need it at some point in the future

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Not sure what you mean by "gta clone site".

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

Something like the concepts on GTA series section, but since this concept/project has nothing to do storywise with any GTA game, only borrowing gameplay elements, features and other stuff, i wanted to make my own website/blog where i can post info about WTF and i want only members of GTAF and eventually Saints Row and Just Cause forums to see it, but i'll put the link in my profile to avoid virality and overhype, so i have to make sure i can trust all GTA forumers that they wont make the link public for at least 15 years

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster in Technology / Programming 2017
    Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

You don't need to disable Skype. You just have to kill the application, because it uses port 80 for some stupid reason. Alternatively, you can just configure Apache to use a different port, like 81. Then you'd open the index page by going to http://localhost:81

If you are looking to run a very small website and have wired internet connection at home, you can buy cheap old PC and use it as a server running all your own stuff. It's a bit of extra IT work, but it's practically free.

In a similar vein, you can run a micro instance on GCloud or AWS for less than $5/mo. The amount of CPU power and storage you get with that is tiny, but it's enough to run Apache and SQL server for a small forum, as well as any other software you want, since it's basically just a Linux server.

Honestly, it's been a long while since I've seen free hosting service that's even worth bothering with.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

You don't need to disable Skype. You just have to kill the application, because it uses port 80 for some stupid reason. Alternatively, you can just configure Apache to use a different port, like 81. Then you'd open the index page by going to http://localhost:81

If you are looking to run a very small website and have wired internet connection at home, you can buy cheap old PC and use it as a server running all your own stuff. It's a bit of extra IT work, but it's practically free.

In a similar vein, you can run a micro instance on GCloud or AWS for less than $5/mo. The amount of CPU power and storage you get with that is tiny, but it's enough to run Apache and SQL server for a small forum, as well as any other software you want, since it's basically just a Linux server.

Honestly, it's been a long while since I've seen free hosting service that's even worth bothering with.

Tnx man, imma try with Wordpress

Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

Wordpress will be best bro.On most cases.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users