Poppy Mitchell Face!

15 replies to this topic
Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

Did anyone else notice that in Story Mode, every fourth or fifth female has Poppy Mitchell Face?

With the otherwise impressive facial variation, I would have thought that a high profile character or celebrity would not have her face used as a generic ped, much less as frequently as it is.

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:18 AM

Poppy Mitchell was a minor character... I never noticed because she wasn't relevant enough to remember.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

@N R G

Well, her face is plastered all over the world on billboards and posters.

ATP2555
  • ATP2555

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

She uses the same character model as a ped.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

the chiropractor

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:21 PM Edited by slimeball supreme, 10 October 2017 - 08:24 PM.

Lacey Jonas was a generic ped, and I saw her model a lot (it's also shared with that one SubUrban cashier and Kerry McIntosh), but I'm pretty sure Poppy Mitchell's face is unique, being that she's slightly more relevant to the plot than most other celebrities and she has her face/model featured in a lot more places

• straightupmenace likes this

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:08 AM Edited by Dryspace, 11 October 2017 - 03:14 AM.

@slimeball supreme

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't seen Poppy Mitchell's doppelganger a hundred times on the street.

Great! Now I'm going to have to post pictures to prove this.

P.S. I clicked your link--you definitely have writing ability. In my humble opinion, you really need an editor, but I'm impressed.

• slimeball supreme likes this

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Just goes to show, that every hoe looks like the next one passing.

"Bitches ain't, we don't love them hoes and it's like that!"

Haha

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Poppy Mitchell, Sloppy Mitchell, One and One is Two.

Poppy Mitchell, Copy Mitchell, Any Bitch'll do!

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

@dryspace, haha I like it man!

Cebra
  • Cebra

I'm in the Christmas spirit. Vote for me.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

Lacey Jonas was a generic ped, and I saw her model a lot (it's also shared with that one SubUrban cashier and Kerry McIntosh), but I'm pretty sure Poppy Mitchell's face is unique, being that she's slightly more relevant to the plot than most other celebrities and she has her face/model featured in a lot more places

I second this. It's pretty annoying to walk down the street in V and see that most of the peds are doppelgangers of one another with hair and clothing variations, but I'm pretty sure Poppy Mitchell has a unique character model. Her IV model, however, was shared by not only a bunch of street peds but a few story ones as well. It was annoying. Are you sure about this one, OP?

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

ENOUGH!!!!

Pictures forthcoming! Lol.

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:41 AM Edited by smurfynz, 13 October 2017 - 05:38 AM.

Do you mean this NPC model

NPC-GTAV-PoppyLookalike.png

http://gta.wikia.com...pyLookalike.png

she does sort of resemble Poppy, but I don't think it is the same model 

PoppyMitchell-GTAV-DrunkArrest.png

http://gta.wikia.com...DrunkArrest.png

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:53 AM Edited by Dryspace, 13 October 2017 - 04:56 AM.

VefvUjM.jpgMRf1T07.jpgMoR5lKp.jpg

The first is Poppy Mitchell, The second and third are peds with Poppy Mitchell Face. Like it or not, they are exactly the same face model.

And even though it is obvious, I will even try to get a good picture of Poppy getting arrested so that you can see her actual "in-world" face and not the highly prettified face on the ads. Or is that possible using the Editor? I've never even touched the Editor yet.

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:48 AM Edited by smurfynz, 13 October 2017 - 08:09 AM.

Look in Director mode.

The NPC model you are looking at is named Uptown - Bohemian

http://gta.wikia.com..._F_Bohemian.png

You can cycle through various hairstyles and makeup.

Poppy's in-game appearance (captured with free camera on her drunk arrest scene) is similar, but IMO, they are not identical.

Bohemian looks like Poppy's older sister. 

kFXjEXP.png

• Cebra likes this

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:49 AM Edited by gonnaenodaethat, 13 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

Get Outta My Pub!!

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:11 PM Edited by Dryspace, 13 October 2017 - 09:17 PM.

@smurfynz

One thing that you showed is that Poppy's in-world face is a lot like the one in the ad I showed--I assumed it had been "made up" for the ads.

But I have scrutinized the pics you posted, and I maintain that there are only two possibilities: It is the same face model altered slightly, or it is exactly the same model.

I really think it is exactly the same, as 1. The NPC has her neck extended, which makes her neck/chin line look different (I did think it was different, at first), and 2. Lighting can have a dramatic effect on how a model appears, for example, the lines on either side of the mouth appear deeper in the NPC, but I don't believe they actually are when comparing all of the pictures posted so far.

The eyebrows appear different in your pics--Poppy's appear more curved--but if you look at the pics I posted, Poppy's are exactly the same as the NPC below. Besides, even if they were different, eyebrows are part of the texture and not the facial model, which is what I am referring to.

This of course is of no import in the real world, but I honestly don't understand how this isn't obvious, lol. Is it just the conviction that Rockstar would never use such a character as a common NPC?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users