Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is RDR 2 releasing date the end of GTA Online... Or maybe they will keep it updated until Bully 2?

151 replies to this topic
elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

due to the continued success of Grand Theft Auto Online and other factors, the Company has determined that it is necessary to extend the life of Grand Theft Auto Online

confirmed by two take http://ir.take2games...icle&ID=2291171

Yes, but no where have they mentioned how long this 'extension' will last. I recall Yan saying once that I/E was supposed to be the last but then their plans changed to ending the game's lifetime in spring 2017. Here we are in fall and they're dripfeeding Smuggler's Run. However, there's no mention of another big update before the end of the year. Things are already starting to slow down. Updates will either completely stop before the release of RDR2 or a bit after. Also to respond to the OP: I don't think we're going to get Bully 2 after RDR2. I'm not saying it's impossible but my guess is they'll immediately move on to VI.

It will last forever...They said it from the very very beginning dude...GTA Online is the rework/remake of the GTA 4 concept. GTA: O will serve as 1 collective online world for all future GTA games. There wont be GTA 6 Online or GTA Online 3. Just GTA Online. Go find the first few interviews; I would for you, it's just that i have replied to these comments so many times plus i currently suck at researching; must be stress from my college; im very overwhelmed so cant think. Basically, the next GTA game will have the same exact online we have right now; just an expansion.

Indeed that's what they have always said and that's why I'm always surprised by people saying we will start fresh etc. Online will get the new maps, new base game engine update (if there is one) and that's it.

FluxAmbulance
  • FluxAmbulance

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:00 AM Edited by FluxAmbulance, 24 October 2017 - 11:02 AM.

I think GTA Online will last well into the 2020's. And yes, we will get a new GTA game just so Rockstar can keep it alive. There's still a sh*t ton of stuff Rockstar wants to put into Online but it can't all fit in GTA V.

It will probably be similar to how we were able to transfer our characters from last gen to current gen. We can transfer our characters from GTA V to GTA VI. We get all the maps, vehicles, and gameplay from GTA V, and Rockstar continues to supply GTA Online with new content.

• PajeroJonas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users