Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is RDR 2 releasing date the end of GTA Online... Or maybe they will keep it updated until Bully 2?

151 replies to this topic
deffklok
  • deffklok

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

Extending GTAO would be great IF it worked fine across all platforms, the PC version is a sh*tshow. I log on less and less because i am tired of trying to find lobbies without modders and playing in a solo lobby is dull.

I think a stand-alone multiplayer game would be even more profitable for them. They start with a single map and every iteration of GTA becomes an expansion you can buy to have access to new vehicles and features related to that version of GTA. They can still do their stupid drip-fed expansions and push shark cards to keep up player interest between game releases.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

I'm surprised they haven't dropped PC support yet since it's a lost cause.

We can all have ideas about what GTA Online should become. Fact is, it was an unexpected success and got out of control (in a lot of areas), it remained popular, even increasing in popularity in some instances, which only made it go more and more out of control and, well, it's just not the GTA many of us had envisaged it would become.

However, back on topic, neither "RDR2" (the third red dead game) nor Bully 2 will affect the GTA Online updates, for starters they are different studios plus, who wants to kill the goose that's continued to lay the golden eggs for over 4 years?
  • gtafan26 likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:59 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 12 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

Why would anyone think that they'd let us transfer our characters from GTA V to GTA VI?? GTA V's assets will be completely, horribly outdated, and VI's systems will most likely be completely new or completely overhauled. From the economy to the game physics...

Imagine transferring Claude to San Andreas. Or even IV's Niko into GTA V. They're light years apart. They can get away with some of the vehicle models, but characters and progress? Not likely. From a technological standpoint, that's about as feasible as R* adding Liberty City to Los Santos via DLC... The game engines are far too different.
  • R3CON, Xiled and -LN- like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Why would anyone think that they'd let us transfer our characters from GTA V to GTA VI?? GTA V's assets will be completely, horribly outdated, and VI's systems will most likely be completely new or completely overhauled. From the economy to the game physics...

Imagine transferring Claude to San Andreas. Or even IV's Niko into GTA V. They're light years apart. They can get away with some of the vehicle models, but characters and progress? Not likely. From a technological standpoint, that's about as feasible as R* adding Liberty City to San Andreas via DLC... The game engines are far too different.

I think what they mean is an improved model of our characters, similar to how the Online Character model was improved when transferring from Last-Gen to Next Gen Versions.

We allready have a higher poly version of our character, that is not used in-game but only shown during cutscenes and when you are in the character creator.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

More to the point... who wants to see APCs, ruiner 2ks and Oppressors flying around VI's online at all, let alone on day one when players may want to start from nothing or new players pick up the game for the first time.

Imagine if, on your first time playing GTA Online, you were being met by all of the OP toys and had no way to counter it. Way to reduce the player base.
  • gtafan26 and -LN- like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

They probably release a 500 dollar deluxe version that lets your transfer :p don't listen to that btw Rockstar...

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Imagine transferring Claude to San Andreas. Or even IV's Niko into GTA V. They're light years apart. They can get away with some of the vehicle models, but characters and progress? Not likely. From a technological standpoint, that's about as feasible as R* adding Liberty City to San Andreas via DLC... The game engines are far too different.

I think what they mean is an improved model of our characters, similar to how the Online Character model was improved when transferring from Last-Gen to Next Gen Versions.
We allready have a higher poly version of our character, that is not used in-game but only shown during cutscenes and when you are in the character creator.

That makes sense with the remastered version of GTA V/Online since it was the same game. But VI is going to be a giant leap. It won't be the same leap as it was from III to IV, but I think it'll be at least as big as IV to V. You can see the that V uses an advanced version of the IV engine or whatever, but they aren't "the same". One is ooooooold, and one is much newer, more refined, technologically advanced, etc...

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Bully 2 isn't even officially announced (so leaks, as we all know, are false until proven real. Anyone can easily fake supposed 'Leaked' art of Bully 2 or GTA 6 or whatever)

• elfoam and Xiled like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:52 PM Edited by elfoam, 10 October 2017 - 04:58 PM.

Bully 2 isn't even officially announced (so leaks, as we all know, are false until proven real. Anyone can easily fake supposed 'Leaked' art of Bully 2 or GTA 6 or whatever)

All we know is that Rockstarfa**ot said we (he worked at Rockstar north) have another game coming out next year which they don't want any security flaws or glitches on. This was a separate discussion to Red dead and was also about next year (remember this is when Red dead was scheduled for this year). Take two have said they have another game coming from an established franchise (besides red dead). So it's Bully, Midnight club or GTA. imho manhunt doesn't count and if it's a Rockstar North game what else can it be other than GTA.. Bully has no association with Rockstar north, midnight club does but San Diego also and they are busy with red dead. North have done nothing much in 4 years other than DLCs for GTAO and patching glitches and that isn't much for a full team of developers (google says 360 people). Edit. the mystery game could be a ps4 version of Agent

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

All we know is that Rockstarfa**ot said we (he worked at Rockstar north) have another game coming out next year which they don't want any security flaws or glitches on. This was a separate discussion to Red dead and was also about next year (remember this is when Red dead was scheduled for this year). Take two have said they have another game coming from an established franchise (besides red dead). So it's Bully, Midnight club or GTA. imho manhunt doesn't count and if it's a Rockstar North game what else can it be other than GTA.. Bully has no association with Rockstar north, midnight club does but San Diego also and they are busy with red dead. North have done nothing much in 4 years other than DLCs for GTAO and patching glitches and that isn't much for a full team of developers (google says 360 people). Edit. the mystery game could be a ps4 version of Agent

Rockstar North also works on Red Dead Redemption II.

• elfoam likes this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

For me it is, lol just kidding but I am going to be spending lots of time of RDR2.  I think R is going to try to squeeze every penny out of GTAO as they can, I think they still have plenty of pennies to squeeze so probably it wont be the end of it. 

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

f*ck bully 2, give me a new goreified Manhunt title >:)

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

All we know is that Rockstarfa**ot said we (he worked at Rockstar north) have another game coming out next year which they don't want any security flaws or glitches on.

Your going to be waiting a long time for that game. They don't want "security flaws" or glitches in game. Have you never played a rockstar game before? All of there games have glitches, exploits, and cheats in them. And thats without getting into any of the speedrunning glitches. Vice City is beatable in 10 minutes to do a major glitch found by speedrunners.

ShadowlessDevil
  • ShadowlessDevil

Everything is real but not everyone is true.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

I believe updates will continue, but not as "big updates"

• gtafan26 likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:30 PM Edited by Giantsgiants, 11 October 2017 - 12:15 AM.

As much as I don't like it, I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar continues to release updates into the 2020's. GTA kiddies these days are attracted to new things like ants to a sugar cube, no matter how outrageous they may seem to the old, grizzled GTA veterans.

I couldn't resist saying this: I think that there's a better chance of London getting an NFL team within the next five years than Rockstar ending updates to GTA Online within the next five years.

• gtafan26 and We Are Ninja like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

All I can see happening short term is that once RDR2 actually does release, I'd expect a quieter month on GTA:O during that time. Makes sense they'll give the new game promotions and every chance to sell, but from then on, well, it's all in the cash revenue/numbers really I guess... (That's even if they're comparable, RDR2 might not have microtransactions, I'm not sure on that one, I expect so, but not really looked as I want to be surprised as much as possible by not reading speculation/details of the game, only scanned the trailer on mute too).

Can't see that many all of a sudden say 'no more GTA for me'... Too many easy ways to cheat and be a c*nt, why would they leave to play something (potentially) fairer and harder, without flying cars/bikes and the like, lol... Plus, most of the kids will have to wait until NEXT Christmas for mummy or daddy to buy it for them... Yay!... Yeah, hopefully RDR2 stays niche, one for the gamers/grown ups... Hey, a man can dream, ha, ha, ha... 

Besides, the modern setting, with modern toys will always have a larger appeal, GTA will easily remain the 'big dog'...

Anyhow, I can't wait, hunting was awesome last time, and that new feeling in a larger, new open world of R*'s is always just so much fun... If the story delivers and I ain't left to play as my character's dick-head son, all good too... I hope there's fishing too, even crafting/making more things, could be cool...

Now, I need a good name for my steed, I got time to dwell...

One last thing quickly, if RDR does take off in an unexpected way, like GTA in a way and out performs, could they add a Back to the Future or a Westworld type mode/DLC/theme somewhere?... That could then allow things outside the western theme to be added... I mean, there's much in the unrealistic/crazy/stupid/fun/weird department in GTA:O that's not interfered with the narrative of the games story mode... 

With it's (expected) bigger map, and a better balance to allow players to choose their tickle, it could be a huge game once word gets out after online begins there...

Just thinking out-loud, I know this is all just fantasy talk... But imagine the possibilities with a portal, or 'futuristic' Adversary type modes or something... Not that I want it crazy like freemode in GTA, but there could be potential ways to add things from their catalogue of traits...

Don't get me wrong, as I said, it won't be an overnight thing where GTA dies and RDR thrives, but a slow natural migration over the next 2 years, R* using RDR2's online arena to appease the fans while they can ramp up production of a next GTA... Possible, A big 'if' I know...

In my opinion, all options are open to R*/T2, and somethings gotta eventually knock GTA V of it's perch, I'm sure R* would prefer it to be one of their that does. Don't want no creative ex-employee popping along and stealing us away, lol... And with the way it all went with GTA V/O and the transferring up of the game, quite honestly, anything's possible really, who'd of thought in the queue in 2013 we'd be here...

Way I see it, enjoy what you got when you can, but I use that ideal anywhere really... I mean, if these Planet X nuts do accidentally get it right, ain't none of it happening, lol...

• gtafan26 and We Are Ninja like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Undead Nightmare (do u member?) and will they do it again?

I hope so...

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

^ Cowboys vs. Aliens, lol...

• gtafan26 and REXX like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

This, I see them getting smaller each year.

• ShadowlessDevil likes this

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Depends on how much rdr2 makes, if it doesn't scale as high as gtaonline rdr2 will be getting "small" updates.

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

That could be a new GTA:O adversary mode.

LOL

^ Cowboys vs. Aliens, lol...

• Rafae likes this

Big_Show
  • Big_Show

GTAO Junkie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

I'm getting sick of all this "the end" stuff...

Rockstar said they will continue to release updates.

I'm with you on this one. Seriously what kind of retardation must one be suffering from to think a company would just decide to end the one product that is keeping the company in business.

Rockstar/T2 Board: "Hey we've got a great idea, lets cut all our cash flow from shark card sales and stop GTAO just because we are going to released a new untested product that might be a success.  

Shareholder: "Yeah sure great idea, I'm sure the share price will be fine even though we just killed our best selling game of all time that quadrupled our share price since it's release, great idea!"

:sui: yourself 

• REXX and KWF1981 like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:48 PM Edited by jpm1, 24 October 2017 - 03:22 AM.

R* is a company, and as any company its goal is to generate money alongside of making people be happy. RDR2 is a far west game, which has nothing to do with GTA style games. for me RDR isn't in any way a competitor to GTA. so there's no point in comparing the 2

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Didn't you guys get capitalism? They had the highest revenue for Online this summer, they're not taking a hit for releasing new DLC, they're getting more cash for doing so. They're not gonna stop.

Metal Slime
  • Metal Slime

A Metal Slime draws near! Command?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Doubtful. However they could release an offline DLC story mode for the Online Characters (they are silent like Claude). Plus lan mode for "online-like" experience. If the rumored Switch version is true, it should have that for sure. Of course despite L.A. Noire release, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

PC gamers should also have Server Mode for those that want to keep the Online community alive for years to come.
  • jpm1 likes this

interfreak
  • interfreak

Thug

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

http://www.eurogamer...le-or-necessary

When asked how much life is left in GTA Online, Sarwar replied:

"We don't yet have a fixed end point in mind, but the rollout of updates may change a little in order to encourage players to try Red Dead Redemption 2 when it launches. It would be great to have players splitting time between two incredible worlds, but we shall see how things evolve.

• jpm1 and Rafae like this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:56 PM

The fact R* has had such a drought of new games since GTA belies internal issues. The Benz was the guy who brought focus and often put the games on-track, which he has been credited for publicly.

The depth of a Marston, Bellic or the devilishly batsh*tness of Trevor Philips will likely never be fleshed out ever again at R*. That you are likely right on with. What I expect from R* is repeated attempts to re-create GTA:O going forward in other games because they want the money. Just like Heroin junkies, their rush for the cash and to feed that insatiable desire will destroy the content and in time, destroy the R* brand.  

But who knows, fanbois here call these types of posts 'whining.'

In time, lads, in time. You'll see.

You are almost certainly wrong about the lack of depth of future Rockstar characters or general story telling.
The Housers are the ones who imagine the concept for the games, write the stories and design the characters.
The Benz was responsible for making the games - designing missions, user interface, the maps etc.

Using RDR as an example - The Benz had no involvement in creating the Marston character, or writing the story - he just came in at the end to fix the gameplay, which was apparently a complete mess.
  • jpm1 likes this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

due to the continued success of Grand Theft Auto Online and other factors, the Company has determined that it is necessary to extend the life of Grand Theft Auto Online

confirmed by two take http://ir.take2games...icle&ID=2291171

Yes, but no where have they mentioned how long this 'extension' will last. I recall Yan saying once that I/E was supposed to be the last but then their plans changed to ending the game's lifetime in spring 2017. Here we are in fall and they're dripfeeding Smuggler's Run. However, there's no mention of another big update before the end of the year. Things are already starting to slow down. Updates will either completely stop before the release of RDR2 or a bit after. Also to respond to the OP: I don't think we're going to get Bully 2 after RDR2. I'm not saying it's impossible but my guess is they'll immediately move on to VI.

It will last forever...They said it from the very very beginning dude...GTA Online is the rework/remake of the GTA 4 concept. GTA: O will serve as 1 collective online world for all future GTA games. There wont be GTA 6 Online or GTA Online 3. Just GTA Online. Go find the first few interviews; I would for you, it's just that i have replied to these comments so many times plus i currently suck at researching; must be stress from my college; im very overwhelmed so cant think. Basically, the next GTA game will have the same exact online we have right now; just an expansion.

• elfoam likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:26 AM

It will last forever...They said it from the very very beginning dude...GTA Online is the rework/remake of the GTA 4 concept. GTA: O will serve as 1 collective online world for all future GTA games. There wont be GTA 6 Online or GTA Online 3. Just GTA Online. Go find the first few interviews; I would for you, it's just that i have replied to these comments so many times plus i currently suck at researching; must be stress from my college; im very overwhelmed so cant think. Basically, the next GTA game will have the same exact online we have right now; just an expansion.

very probable

• elfoam likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

Depends on how much rdr2 makes, if it doesn't scale as high as gtaonline rdr2 will be getting "small" updates.

Point

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users