Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is RDR 2 releasing date the end of GTA Online... Or maybe they will keep it updated until Bully 2?

151 replies to this topic
Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

...then april 2019 a new gta will arrive.

Red Dead is coming out in Spring next year (could easily become a Fall release). And just a year later (or less) already a new GTA? Sry but that's just wishfull thinking imo.

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Confirmed!!! GTA Online updates will end at some point in this century! Do not buy shark cards until you watch this video!!!!!!!!!! [Q&A]

C O N F I R M E D

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

hopefully they'll end updates, i've had about enough of seeing weekly discounts on my timeline every week.

Scuba 21
  • Scuba 21

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

^ Making it clear by literally telling us they'll be extending the lifespan of Online not six months ago? Gunrunning gave Online its most successful quarter yet, Smuggler's Run kept it at the same level for the most part yet you wanna tell me it's ending soon regardless of how profitable it is for Take-Two and Rockstar? Regardless of whether or not we like the content or direction Online's moving towards, they're not just going to throw away a cash cow like that. Never.

Yes, there's a separate team allocated for Online too, in the same way there's a team for RDR2, GTA VI and whatever else Rockstar have in the pipeline.

So you do know that that particular team is very small compared to the others, Yes? All i'm trying to say is that it's going to end. Whether that's next spring, next summer or next fall.

So what you're really saying is that it will end in 2018 then?

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

...then april 2019 a new gta will arrive.

Red Dead is coming out in Spring next year (could easily become a Fall release). And just a year later (or less) already a new GTA? Sry but that's just wishfull thinking imo.

We'll see nearer the time but thats my prediction

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

GTA VI is ending GTA Online updates.

RDR ending GTA updates is a joke. It's like comparing cars with horses.  :lol:

• Rafae likes this

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Horse customization would be 1,000,000 and horses costing 3,000,000

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Even after the updates stop, this game will live on for years.
  • junior731657 and HARBUJAHN like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

RDR ending GTA updates is a joke. It's like comparing cars with horses.  :lol:

Bennyfied "Stallion" anyone? :p

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

due to the continued success of Grand Theft Auto Online and other factors, the Company has determined that it is necessary to extend the life of Grand Theft Auto Online

confirmed by two take http://ir.take2games...icle&ID=2291171

This.  I also enjoy the game and I do not want updates to end.  So glad that they won't.  Even if sometimes the things they release make me shake my head.

tumblr_inline_n24v9l4X1p1s8g9qk.gif

• AUScowboy likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Horse customization would be 1,000,000 and horses costing 3,000,000

Cant wait to be yolo swaggin, rollin on my chrome hooves.

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Gta online is still alive on last gen with zero updates after 2 years.

Online on current gen will probably stop getting updates by late 2018,but will probably still be populated for the next 2 years at least.

There is no rush to get the newest,shiniest toy,kids.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

I expect a break of content during RDR 2 release month.

But this is just another one of "Will *insert new game title here* be the death of GTA V?!", it's gotten old.... the game will die when people stop playing it, which is actually probably likely if they drip feed boring planes or boats again.

FallingAway
  • FallingAway

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Of course it will end, everything does.  I think they will milk it for another 2 years or so before we get GTA6. The game continues to be one of the top selling games every month and you see this in lobbies that are mostly populated by <120lvl players.  GTAO is making as much money now as it ever has and the new content is pretty low effort on their part.

• Rafae likes this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

^ Making it clear by literally telling us they'll be extending the lifespan of Online not six months ago? Gunrunning gave Online its most successful quarter yet, Smuggler's Run kept it at the same level for the most part yet you wanna tell me it's ending soon regardless of how profitable it is for Take-Two and Rockstar? Regardless of whether or not we like the content or direction Online's moving towards, they're not just going to throw away a cash cow like that. Never.

Yes, there's a separate team allocated for Online too, in the same way there's a team for RDR2, GTA VI and whatever else Rockstar have in the pipeline.

So you do know that that particular team is very small compared to the others, Yes? All i'm trying to say is that it's going to end. Whether that's next spring, next summer or next fall.

So what you're really saying is that it will end in 2018 then?

That's my guess. We'll see.

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

i assume once red dead 2 comes out gta online might be a bit of a ghost town for a while.

For a about a week possibly... however there is no mention of RDR2 coming out on PC.. I expect Sony & Microsoft have R* bound by some legal crap as always so it will be at least another year before RDR2 come out on PC.. if at all, the first one didn't.. as I mentioned in another post the same kind of things won't be added to RDR2 that has been added to GTA Online... because it would defeat the object of a Western.. Rocket boosted cars in the 21st century = feesable but questionable... Rocket boosted horses in the late 19th/early 20th century... impossible bordering on madness lol

My guess is the only thing that will end GTA online will be the release of another GTA.. but there is a possibility that GTA VI is the new Half life 3... so much expectation... plus as others have mentioned - R* see GTA Online as a good source of income & will likely continue to be so long after RDR2 & Online have been played out, people still play GTA 3 (with online mods) & the same goes for San Andreas & Vice City, R* have taken note of this & in my opinion have decided to extend their own product themselves... GTA V is still on shelves in the shops & I don't think it's going anywhere just yet & as Rafae has said... If or when R* do screw the lid down on GTA online, they will mention it to us first!

Just my thoughts on the matter.

~John~

• Rafae likes this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

I read somewhere that Rockstar is planning to ''revolutionize'' online gaming again

For their to be an again they need to have done it at least once. What or when exactly did Rcokstar 'revolutionize' online gaming? Cheap as chips p2p system that is slower than continental drift and about as reliable as a 95 year olds erection? Game modes that are shallower than a kiddies play pool and have more bugs than a roachmotel? A player base that is more toxic than Chernobyl NP4? A gameplay loop that over the four years has been reduced from here's new content that would be nice to work towards playing these fun and enjoyable game modes to here's the same generic reskinned content with over inflated prices and involves more grinding than the fifteenth annual pepper lovers convention to own?

Revolutionize... I assume that's Rcokstar marketing bullsh*t because with the best will in the world I can't find a single thing that GTA O has done that could be called revolutionary? Maybe getting stupid people to spend vast sums of real money on the same reskinned bullsh*t every 6 months.

Anyway to the point, Rcokstar will continue to milk GTAO until they have established a reliable, returnable economy within another game, if that's RDR2 then you're looking at a year or so. If not then Bully 2 and if not that then the next GTA game.

• zoso80 likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

There's room for everyone. For me, once RDR2 drops, I'll be kicking this to the curb, I suspect for quite a while. I heart GTAV as much as anyone else but I heart-heart RDR that much more. 

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

They'll keep updating it until it stops making money. Services will not shut down for many years after that.

See GTA IV and RDR servers still operational with 0 profits being made from either.

• psymin and Rafae like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by elfoam, 07 October 2017 - 09:02 PM.

The two games come from different development houses so other than Rockstar North helping out a bit the games are separate teams, nothing much to do with each other. GTA online will only stop getting updates when something else is making like 10 times it's money. Wont happen any year soon. Not as many people will be playing red dead because not many people want to play with ponys.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by ash-274, 07 October 2017 - 09:21 PM.

Confirmed!!! GTA Online updates will end at some point in this century! Do not buy shark cards until you watch this video!!!!!!!!!! [Q&A]

C O N F I R M E D

To do that right, you have to show random, incompetent freeroam gameplay, with a poorly-mixed Dubstep soundtrack, while you mumble into a microphone (inside a barrel, inside a bathroom, inside a bank vault, for maximum echo) and somehow manage to take 10-20 minutes to utter that sentence.  To make it better, pretend your entire audience is in the neighborhood where you grew up so that you aren't compelled to enunciate clearly or keep your regional slang terms to a minimum.

Be sure to use non-sequitur and misleading poster frames that include lots of green dollar signs, red arrows pointing and nothing important, and photoshopped vehicles and objects not found in GTA.

Spoiler

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:21 PM Edited by zoso80, 07 October 2017 - 11:09 PM.

That's probably R*'s marketing department trying to get in front of what The Benz is doing with Everywhere. R*'s PR department working overtime to look creatively relevant in the era where they create depthless cash card content and batmobiles for grown manchildren who still like superheros.

The rest of your post is spot on.

I will say they did one thing revolutionary.  They took a AAA franchise and dumbed it down for cash cards and to make it mass appealing, they turned GTA:O into GTA:Justin Beiber.  Beiber sells a lot, but no one views him as a mark of quality or longevity.  GTA:O is the same damn thing now. Some old diehards who've been around for a long time still out of habit play, the game though has been shedding it's timelessness. 

There was no doubt R* will continue to toss in expensive in-game crap as long as there is money to be had from it.  Expensive car,  Spiderman suit - anything is game now. They've ripped off Tron, Knight Rider, Batman. They'll pander and the manchildren will eat it up. It's all a smoke-and-mirror for the fact the game has nothing left but to pander.

So yes, revolutionary they tossed what was a great world and franchise for cheap cash grab.

Me, I got off that train. Permanently. Never liked Beiber or shallowing pandering, so to quote the Jefferson's time to move on up.

Cheers.

Spoiler
  • Rafae, elfoam, UKPortista and 4 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Everything that was good about GTA online was from the Benz, you can just tell by what's happened since then. So this gives me a good feeling that his game will be everything GTA should have been. It's an exciting project for sure. Could easily and I mean really easily be the best game of all time and the best game we see over the next 10 years. He has it in him. The Housers will never do another great game again, I'm very sure about that because they are dead on the inside.

• Rafae and The-Irish-Hunter like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

I've read The Benz has put some distance on GTA 2.0 expectations. PVP and PEWPEWPEWPEW wanking isn't going to be the driving force of that game. Being able to customize your own experience is. So, it should really truly be an open world. Fascinating concept. That said though, it is interesting and ambitious. There is a vision beyond it compared to the Houser's sad pandering and pilfering of a great franchise for the lowest common denominator. The Benz likes money, but he likes immersive and deep content. The Houser's have shown content is an afterthough and only exists to make more money. BIG difference.

The fact R* has had such a drought of new games since GTA belies internal issues. The Benz was the guy who brought focus and often put the games on-track, which he has been credited for publicly.

The depth of a Marston, Bellic or the devilishly batsh*tness of Trevor Philips will likely never be fleshed out ever again at R*. That you are likely right on with. What I expect from R* is repeated attempts to re-create GTA:O going forward in other games because they want the money. Just like Heroin junkies, their rush for the cash and to feed that insatiable desire will destroy the content and in time, destroy the R* brand.  

But who knows, fanbois here call these types of posts 'whining.'

In time, lads, in time. You'll see.

Everything that was good about GTA online was from the Benz, you can just tell by what's happened since then. So this gives me a good feeling that his game will be everything GTA should have been. It's an exciting project for sure. Could easily and I mean really easily be the best game of all time and the best game we see over the next 10 years. He has it in him. The Housers will never do another great game again, I'm very sure about that because they are dead on the inside.

• Rafae and UKPortista like this

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

I'm getting sick of all this "the end" stuff...

Rockstar said they will continue to release updates.

Me too, but if they did kill GTA online they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Not everyone what's to be a sh*t kicker cowboy, so they would be losing money.
  • REXX likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

You are reaching. Really reaching. All unfounded and unproven.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

People dont look at history very much do they?  ugh  did they shutdown GTAIV when RDR came out?  This thread is pointless, because nothing is getting shut down.

• MisFit-138 likes this

TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

GTA online will keep getting updated so long as people keep spending money on it or until they're ready to replace it with GTA VI online, needless to say, GTA online will keep going for quite awhile.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:45 PM Edited by -RP-, 07 October 2017 - 10:46 PM.

Oh we're talking about some pieces of sh*t I see...The Housers. Well then...

The Housers can't make a good GTA game without Benz.  Case in point the first 2 GTA games were flops. Wasn't until 3 when the Benz took control they finally had success. And they've been riding those coat tails forever now.  Welp 5 will be regarded as the pinnacle and downfall of the franchise I think.   6 will be a cluster f*ck of horrible ideas, only the Benz won't be there to stop them from self destruction. 

6 will mark the end of R* probably, then again there are stupid blind fan bois who will throw there money at anything and there numbers are in lemming masses. Ready to jump over a cliff at the drop of a hat should R* say to do so.

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Oh we're talking about some pieces of sh*t I see...The Housers. Well then...

The Housers can't make a good GTA game without Benz.  Case in point the first 2 GTA games were flops. Wasn't until 3 when the Benz took control they finally had success. And they've been riding those coat tails forever now.  Welp 5 will be regarded as the pinnacle and downfall of the franchise I think.   6 will be a cluster f*ck of horrible ideas, only the Benz won't be there to stop them from self destruction. 

6 will mark the end of R* probably, then again there are stupid blind fan bois who will throw there money at anything and there numbers are in lemming masses. Ready to jump over a cliff at the drop of a hat should R* say to do so.

it was " the benz" who forced this whole online idea down their necks. the housers wanted to focus on the SP story but benz had other plans.

resulting is a sour partnership during development and a mediocre story.

have the housers gone bad? yes. but "the benz" isn't that holy either. far from it.

• MisFit-138 and ragedandcaged like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users