Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is RDR 2 releasing date the end of GTA Online... Or maybe they will keep it updated until Bully 2?

141 replies to this topic
Picadorito
  • Picadorito

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm asking this because like it or not a wild wild west open world game is pretty different to this. But not a new Bully game...

I read somewhere that Rockstar is planning to ''revolutionize'' online gaming again with the multiplayer of Red Dead 2. But I know some people (mostly not americans) who are not attracted to western action/drama and will pass buying that title.

But with the most likely release of Bully 2 things are different, I can picture the multiplayer of that game with much more personalized options than GTAO, and even such things like a dating simulator like some japanese games have, and even some kind of popularity system between the online world or funny stuff like losing your license to drive and buy any vehicle...

With this I'm saying that I wouldn't be worried by the upcoming RDR 2 to end GTA Online, since is just a real different stuff

But to be honest after these updates of bunkers and hangars, I wouldn't mind if they cease to update it...

All I'd want from Rockstar is they making available the stunt races in single player, because these ones really deserve to be kept in the game after the end of online services.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Rockstar said that updates will still go after RDR2.

• MGgames100, SmokesWithCigs, Opzeker and 2 others like this

GTAOnline.
  • GTAOnline.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

due to the continued success of Grand Theft Auto Online and other factors, the Company has determined that it is necessary to extend the life of Grand Theft Auto Online

confirmed by two take http://ir.take2games...icle&ID=2291171
  • MGgames100, TitanR1 and ragedandcaged like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

I'm getting sick of all this "the end" stuff...

Rockstar said they will continue to release updates.
  • jackrobot, MGgames100, ntinoskonsta and 7 others like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

due to the continued success of Grand Theft Auto Online and other factors, the Company has determined that it is necessary to extend the life of Grand Theft Auto Online

Yes, but no where have they mentioned how long this 'extension' will last. I recall Yan saying once that I/E was supposed to be the last but then their plans changed to ending the game's lifetime in spring 2017. Here we are in fall and they're dripfeeding Smuggler's Run. However, there's no mention of another big update before the end of the year. Things are already starting to slow down. Updates will either completely stop before the release of RDR2 or a bit after. Also to respond to the OP: I don't think we're going to get Bully 2 after RDR2. I'm not saying it's impossible but my guess is they'll immediately move on to VI.

GTAOnline.
  • GTAOnline.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yes, but no where have they mentioned how long this 'extension' will last. I recall Yan saying once that I/E was supposed to be the last but then their plans changed to ending the game's lifetime in spring 2017. Here we are in fall and they're dripfeeding Smuggler's Run. However, there's no mention of another big update before the end of the year. Things are already starting to slow down. Updates will either completely stop before the release of RDR2 or a bit after. Also to respond to the OP: I don't think we're going to get Bully 2 after RDR2. I'm not saying it's impossible but my guess is they'll immediately move on to VI.

Next Big update coming this December http://www.rockstarg...-Races-and-More
  • Rafae likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Leutenant Colonel USAF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by _47_, A week ago.

Sigh, I swear people act paranoid when it comes close to the shelf life end of a game. Rockstar will let you know when the DLC support will end. Enjoy the content you have now and just play the game... By the time the DLC support ends for GTA Online, GTA 6 will be nearly complete.

We have a LONG way to go.

• gtafan26, Rafae, JAKEBAB and 1 other like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by DisCrafted, A week ago.

There's mention of new properties, weaponized vehicles and Inventory updates regarding Legendary Motorsport. Doesn't exactly sound like a fully fledged "update" to me.

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:537__K/D:17.25 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, A week ago.

I personally think gta 5 will get updates till next xmas then april 2019 a new gta will arrive.

December 2020 new consoles shall be upon us and possibly gta 4/5/6 will be one entire map, im expecting the same cross over marketing that happened with ps3/eggbox  

• REXX, JuniorChubb and Mrs. Buzz like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Rafae, A week ago.

Did you not read the Newswire? They literally teased the next big update via way of "new properties to buy from Maze Bank Foreclosures". They have a big update at the end of every December, this year will be no different. Even if they were to stop doing updates completely, they would let us know beforehand and not just stop out of nowhere. They certainly wouldn't skip out on an update for December and the holidays. If they were to stop at any point in time, they'd probably do it after that when the new year has settled in.

As for RDR2 being responsible for GTAO updates ending? No. Take-Two already explained that they will co-exist as two separate entities. Only thing that'll be responsible for GTAO updates ending is Rockstar's own decision making or when it's not as profitable anymore.
  • jdv95, HARBUJAHN, gtafan26 and 4 others like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Did you not read the Newswire? They literally teased the next big update via way of "new properties to buy from Maze Bank Foreclosures". They have a big update at the end of every December, this year will be no different. Even if they were to stop doing updates completely, they would let us know beforehand and not just stop out of nowhere. They certainly wouldn't skip out on an update for December and the holidays. If they were to stop at any point in time, they'd probably do it after that when the new year has settled in.

As for RDR2 being responsible for GTAO updates ending? No. Take-Two already explained that they will co-exist as two separate entities. Only thing that'll be responsible for GTAO updates ending is Rockstar's own decision making or when it's not as profitable anymore.

Say there's an update this December. I know the things T2 have said about GTAO. But they've also made it very clear that it IS going to end. Things are very different inside North now compared to a couple of years ago. Their larger teams are working on other things (RDR2, VI)

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

^ Making it clear by literally telling us they'll be extending the lifespan of Online not six months ago? Gunrunning gave Online its most successful quarter yet, Smuggler's Run kept it at the same level for the most part yet you wanna tell me it's ending soon regardless of how profitable it is for Take-Two and Rockstar? Regardless of whether or not we like the content or direction Online's moving towards, they're not just going to throw away a cash cow like that. Never.

Yes, there's a separate team allocated for Online too, in the same way there's a team for RDR2, GTA VI and whatever else Rockstar have in the pipeline.
  • MGgames100, gtafan26 and GTAOnline. like this

SuperHolySheep
  • SuperHolySheep

Dead End Friends

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by SuperHolySheep, A week ago.

There's mention of new properties, weaponized vehicles and Inventory updates regarding Legendary Motorsport. Doesn't exactly sound like a fully fledged "update" to me.

That's literally a description for the the last 3 big business centered updates.

• new properties (IE: vehicle warehouse, Gunrunning: bunker, Smugglers Run: hangar)
  • weaponized vehicles (IE: special vehicles, Gunrunning: meme mobiles, Smugglers Run: more aircraft and vigilante)
  • inventory updates regarding Legendary Motorsports (IE: tempesta, penetrator;  Gunrunning: xa-21, vagnar; Smugglers Run: Cyclone)
  • psymin, Rafae, Sentinel Driver and 1 other like this

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by 4ward, A week ago.

GTAO do produce too much money for them, so they won't abandon it after RDR2 is out.
  • MGgames100 and Rafae like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by DisCrafted, A week ago.

^ Making it clear by literally telling us they'll be extending the lifespan of Online not six months ago? Gunrunning gave Online its most successful quarter yet, Smuggler's Run kept it at the same level for the most part yet you wanna tell me it's ending soon regardless of how profitable it is for Take-Two and Rockstar? Regardless of whether or not we like the content or direction Online's moving towards, they're not just going to throw away a cash cow like that. Never.

Yes, there's a separate team allocated for Online too, in the same way there's a team for RDR2, GTA VI and whatever else Rockstar have in the pipeline.

So you do know that that particular team is very small compared to the others, Yes? All i'm trying to say is that it's going to end. Whether that's next spring, next summer or next fall.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

^ Ok Mr. Take-Two CEO. I'll see you then when they're still announcing new updates and drip feeding content ;)

And yes I do realize that the team is small. If they need to add more to them for Online's sake, they probably will. Being that nothing else is bringing money in like Online is. With the way things are now though, they won't even need to expand the team. These cookie cutter updates lately are bringing in money just fine, be that as it may.
  • dead goon and GTAOnline. like this

SaltyGTAFModerators
  • SaltyGTAFModerators

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SaltyGTAFModerators, A week ago.

Destiny v2 gonna be the end of gtaonline

Watch dogs gonna be the end .....

Watch dogs 2 gonna be the....

COD gonna.....

Destiny 2 gonn...

RDR 2 go...

CoWZ05t.gif

• jackrobot, MGgames100, gtafan26 and 14 others like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

i assume once red dead 2 comes out gta online might be a bit of a ghost town for a while.

• HARBUJAHN likes this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^ Ok Mr. Take-Two CEO. I'll see you then when they're still announcing new updates and drip feeding content ;)

Tell me something, you do agree that it will end though, right? And i'm not talking about the release of RDR2 here either.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted A week ago

i assume once red dead 2 comes out gta online might be a bit of a ghost town for a while.

There'll still be something there to keep players occupied, maybe not as expansive though. But it'll definitely be something. They won't abandon Online just because RDR2 is on the horizon. Their focus will shift slightly though, yes.

Tell me something, you do agree that it will end though, right? And i'm not talking about the release of RDR2 here either.

Of course but not anytime soon. So you can stop hoping for that.
  • GTAOnline. likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:537__K/D:17.25 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, A week ago.

It will be noticeable for a bit but they will come back after many miles of trotting through them mountains 

This will give us hardcore free roamers a nice chance too bump into each other and settle old scores :D 

• gtafan26, Rafae, Red Lynx 23 and 2 others like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

There'll still be something there to keep players occupied, maybe not as expansive though. But it'll definitely be something. They won't abandon Online just because RDR2 is on the horizon. Their focus will shift slightly though, yes.

Of course but not anytime soon. So you can stop hoping for that.

When do you think that will be? I have nothing against GTA Online updates as i'm an everyday player myself.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Can't say as I have no idea what Rockstar's thought process is like or when it'll stop being profitable.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

Everything eventually ends. GTAOnline is far from it. Isn't rocket science...
  • HARBUJAHN, Rafae, Red Lynx 23 and 3 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Destiny v2 gonna be the end of gtaonline

Watch dogs gonna be the end .....

Watch dogs 2 gonna be the....

COD gonna.....

Destiny 2 gonn...

RDR 2 go...

CoWZ05t.gif

We all accept that eventually it will end.  But, since Gunrunning caused one of the biggest bumps in Shark Card sales in the last 4 years, it would be against the interest of Take Two to plan to shut it down so soon.

• Rafae likes this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The interesting thing though is that there have already been times when an update was supposed to be the 'last' as i mentioned earlier. I guess Take-Two and R* just kept extending it behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure they'd make the same amount of profit as long as they kept updating so it has more to do with Rockstar's plans and when THEY want to stop rather than how much profit they make. I mean c'mon, it's GTA.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted A week ago

The interesting thing though is that there have already been times when an update was supposed to be the 'last' as i mentioned earlier. I guess Take-Two and R* just kept extending it behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure they'd make the same amount of profit as long as they kept updating so it has more to do with Rockstar's plans and when THEY want to stop rather than how much profit they make. I mean c'mon, it's GTA.

The first goal behind every business is to make a profit, period. Doesn't matter whether it's GTA or not. At the end of the day, Rockstar isn't a charity, they're a business. They're in it for the money even if they act the complete opposite in their ways of thinking or methodologies or whatever.

With Online however, you can clearly see a sacrifice of quality content for making rather forgettable novelty items just for the sake of profit and because they've seen how successful it was the first time, they'll do it again a second time but with a twist just to bring in even more profit. Rockstar doesn't "want to" keep churning out more content for Online if it doesn't bring in profit via way of shark cards. If they could spend all that time working on something else to be more profitable, they would. But since Online's proven to be such a successful and profitable model, they're not trying to deviate away from it any time soon.
  • HARBUJAHN and Daedalheidis like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Considering they are making more money now then ever before they could probably update the game for another 2-3 years, basically right up until the release of the next gta installment.

Its really their choice. The money, fans are all there and will spend sh*t loads on cash cards no matter what they throw at us.

RDR also has quite a large following but I cant see it  making any where near the amounts of money  gtao brings in.

• Rafae, ash-274 and FallingAway like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Considering they are making more money now then ever before they could probably update the game for another 2-3 years, basically right up until the release of the next gta installment.

Its really their choice. The money, fans are all there and will spend sh*t loads on cash cards no matter what they throw at us.

RDR also has quite a large following but I cant see it  making any where near the amounts of money  gtao brings in.

Or a Bully sequel, or RDR2, or a LA Noire sequel, or...

• Rafae likes this

clinical oppression
  • clinical oppression

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

just bring us the mansions and aircraft carriers before they stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users