GTA: Dubai City

V WIP
9 replies to this topic
GTA BELGIUM
  • GTA BELGIUM

Red Devil

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA BELGIUM, A week ago.

Grand Theft Auto: Dubai City

R17PMcal.jpg

GTA: Dubai City is a mod for GTA 5 and tranforms a part of ocean near Vespucci Beach with an island based on Palm Jumeirah Island, Dubai. Included with some of the most popular Persian/Arabian Gulf buildings, Palm Island offers you all the resorts you ever dreamed of!

This mod contains buildings from:

Burj Khalifa is converted from a GTA IV mod by 'Metalwarz'. Many many thanks to him for the GTA IV version! I only converted that one to GTA V.
Burj al-Arab won't be included in my mod download, you should download it from the link provided above, mod by [email protected] Thanks to him as well!

All feedback and suggestions are welcome  :)  (Please only be realistic with suggestions).

After a lot of thoughts and even considering making this mod private or 'VIP', I finally decided to release it for free though, later in 2017, on GTA5-Mods.com. I just considered making this mod 'VIP' for around $2, because I really put a lot of work in it, and it was very time consuming, I need to pay licenses... However, i thought people should get it for free at the end of the day. I want the GTA community to enjoy each others mods, how big or how small they are.

Official trailer came out about 2 weeks ago, NOT on my YouTube channel, but on another one. Here you can watch it. Please ignore the 'funny' intro with the PEGI 18 and stuff 

I posted this already on GTA5-mods forums but i didn't receive any suggestions or feedback.
Here some screenshots:

z6rrFnjh.jpg

gJhlL16h.jpg

5fx5wFRh.jpg

NOTE: I HAVE READ ALL FORUM RULES AND I THINK IT'S OK TO POST THOSE KIND OF MODS IN THIS SECTION. 
BECAUSE I PREVIOUSLY HAD TOPICS WHICH GOT DELETED INSTANTLY... BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE I USED MODELS FROM THIRD PARTY GAMES IF I REMEMBER WELL, SUCH AS EA.

• -Anti-, NothingSpecial, Mr. Myriad and 9 others like this

Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted A week ago Edited by Inan-Ahammad, A week ago.

Very cool stuff you done there bro.Carry on
  • GTA BELGIUM likes this

Nagletz
  • Nagletz

There is no method in this madness..

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Looks promising, but pretty raw now.
Are you sure for making it for GTA 5? Since it requires the proper detailing.
I suggest it for GTA SA for now, at least.
  • Inan-Ahammad likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Choose your enemies carefully because they will define you

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Nice job, you gotta do a lot more detailing though.

Shakez
  • Shakez

SHAKE IT

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago Edited by Shakez, A week ago.

This can have so much potential if someone manage to create the whole island from irl photos
And then with a script we can travel there via plane/aiport location like NewTheft did with North Yankton script

Also with some peds and small traffic like that taxi from your trailer

GTA BELGIUM
  • GTA BELGIUM

Red Devil

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

Looks promising, but pretty raw now.
Are you sure for making it for GTA 5? Since it requires the proper detailing.
I suggest it for GTA SA for now, at least.

GTA San Andreas would be unable to handle the models, since they are too high poly for older games.
Yes I'm sure I want to do it for GTA 5. But you are right, i still need to put more details in it...

Nice job, you gotta do a lot more detailing though.

Yes I know, more details are necessary. 

Could you guys please tell me what you exactly mean with more details? I assume you mean better textures and more models, right?

Thanks for the feedback! 

This can have so much potential if someone manage to create the whole island from irl photos
And then with a script we can travel there via plane/aiport location like NewTheft did with North Yankton script

Also with some peds and small traffic like that taxi from your trailer

Creating the whole island exactly like in the real world, would be impossible i think. Too much polys, even GTA 5 wouldn't be abe to handle it.

The real island is huge... It has so much details, that's impossible unless you make it a whole new game or something like that  :pp

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

I've never been to Dubai but I'm pretty sure it's not a couple of islands with five buildings.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

GTA BELGIUM
  • GTA BELGIUM

Red Devil

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

I've never been to Dubai but I'm pretty sure it's not a couple of islands with five buildings.

Ok, maybe the name of the mod is a little weird or wrong, but if you have a better name, tell me. 
Also, you want me to make whole Dubai? That's just impossible. Please be a little realistic..

Arrow
  • Arrow

Connected™

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A week ago

I like the models. They're not a whole cluster but they look nice. Too bad the whole city won't be modeled or a portion as it'll take time. But calling this Dubai city doesn't sound fit. Maybe Dubai Islands or so.
  • universetwisters and GTA BELGIUM like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 6 days ago

Also, you want me to make whole Dubai? That's just impossible. Please be a little realistic..

Call it "Dubai Islands" like Arrow said. Calling it "Dubai City" when it isn't even a city is just misleading.
  • The_Human likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users