Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would any of you actually choose to kill Phil Bell?

13 replies to this topic
Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

It seemed to me that Pest Control was going to be a choice between killing Ray Boccino or Phil Bell. I don't see why this is a good idea, what is wrong with Phil?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

I would. I liked Ray Boccino.

• theGTAking101 and Femme Fatale like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

Both were OK characters, but if I had to choose, I'd choose to kill Phil. Ray at least tried to help Niko find his 'someone'. It was the wrong person, but he had no way of knowing that. All Phil ever did was ask Niko to steal drugs for him with very few in return in terms of story, as UL.Paper found Darko. If anything, I'd want to kill Ray in TLaD, since he had a 'war' against The Lost because of the money.

• theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

this would be like playboy vs dwayne choice really depends on what the prize is for killing the good guy.

• Kajjy and Jeansowaty like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Jeansowaty, A week ago.

As for me, I think I'd also choose depending on the reward. I honestly like both Ray and Phil, they were both good lads and I wish I could have them both spared. If it would be a choice between money or friendship, I'd go with the friendship reward again. But if it would be money vs. less money then I'd go with more money.

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Only to find out what would happen. I loved Phil's character though so it would have been a tough choice.

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

phil sucks

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Because I liked Ray, he was cool.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Phil and Pegorino's wife had to of slept with each other right? Sleeping with the boss's wife is a death sentence so Phil had some balls doing that behind his back.

In other words, I would have chosen not to kill Phil.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted A week ago

Me. Ray is definitely more useful than Phil, who retires by the end of the game. I'd expect Ray to use his influence and somehow end up as the capo of one of the families of the Commission in Alderney- something useful for Niko as he has no contacts in Alderney in the end.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If Ray lived Johnny would have ended up killing him.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Ray was a selfish scumbag , using Niko to clean up the mess, trying to blame The Lost for the diamonds hit...at least Phil was trying to keep Pegorino afloat.

SonnyNapoli
  • SonnyNapoli

Wiseguy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted A week ago

I liked both of them. New York accent, the way they talk... brilliant characters perfomance.

But I'd still whack Ray, sometimes he starts acting too asshole, even for his kind of "job".

Phil is the good example of professional criminal. Maybe he gets too boring about the wire and transmitters stuff but, hey, we can't blame him for that.

Badda-beep, badda-boop.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Interesting question. I must admit I was expecting a choice here on my first playthrough of the game. It seemed very much like when you was sent away for Jimmy P to think things over that he was going to pass the decision to you so I was surprised that wasn't the way it played out. That said, I can understand why you kill Ray as the guy was a slimy so and so and it probably made more reasoned sense to kill Ray rather than Phil.

But I liked Ray more than Phil as a character so I think if the choice had been there I would have killed Phil rather than Ray. Ray seemed to be a more lively character and had also been useful to Niko in helping him find Florian. My personal allegiances were definitely more with Ray than Phil.

I have just been reading the Trivia section for this mission on the GTA Wikia and it does say that this was originally meant to be a choice with Ray offering Niko a large reward to kill Phil and Phil offering a smaller one to kill Ray. If that had been the case then I would certainly have taken the larger reward and killed Phil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users