Anyone else watching?

Craig
  • Craig

鈁ergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

Here I am still waiting for the Pixel 1 to be available on my network carrier...

I didn't even know they were holding an event. I'll probably pick through the highlights later. All I want is for it to be available on Three and to still have a headphone jack.

• Voodoo likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I want a headphone jack too but I'm not counting on it. A Mini Home will be nice as a second device for the kitchen. Probably get one of those too, or a Max.

E - The most reputable leak I saw showed front facing speakers on the Pixel 2 XL, so that's a plus. I've missed that from my old 6.

• Craig likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

Ordered a Pixel 2 XL 128GB in black and  Home Mini in charcoal. Now I just have to wait until Oct 20. The torture.

Craig
  • Craig

鈁ergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

The Pixel 2 does look pretty incredible. No headphone jack sadly but I suppose it's the price to pay. Truth be told, I'd be happy at this point with a Pixel 1.

I must say though as good as the Max probably sounds, it doesn't look particularly good. I know it's packing a lot under there but it is just a black box. It will blend in for sure, but it just gives off the vibe of a 2002 computer speaker.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

The Pixel 2s come with a USB-C headphone adapter so it's really not that much different. There are plenty on the market with a charge port too, if you have to charge while using headphones. I think those front facing speakers will be worth it. Having to hold your phone a certain way so as to not block the bottom speaker is a pain in the ass.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

I got an e-mail from Google about trading my pixel XL for about $400 something trade in so I'll just pay the remaining $500, tempting I am considering it, I just don't want to spend that much but I do kinda want it haha I want the 6" one :lol:
  • Voodoo likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, $400 is a pretty generous trade-in and all they require is an intact screen and the ability to power on and reset. I ordered the trade-in packet with my 2 XL. I haven't decided whether I'll actually send my XL in or keep it as a backup, though.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

Voodoo, are you going to upgrade this year for sure? I like your custom ROM setup. Don't trade it. I'm tempted about getting a Pixel 2 sometime next year. I think I'll get it on contract after my Moto G5 is paid off. The XLs are too big for me.
  • Voodoo likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Voodoo, are you going to upgrade this year for sure? I like your custom ROM setup. Don't trade it.

I've already ordered a Pixel 2 XL.I've actually just been running stock 8.0.0 Oreo since shortly after its launch. I'm rooted with a custom Substratum dark theme, custom launcher and icon pack, though. If the 2 XL ships with 8.0.0, I'll just run the same setup as my Pixel XL.

007eRG8.jpg

xjS4Gij.png

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

-snip-

I'm thinking of maybe getting the Pixel 2 XL but not entirely sure as i've never used their interface before only IOS and Android

What would you tell someone like me who is thinking of buying this phone but not entirely sold?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

-snip-

I'm thinking of maybe getting the Pixel 2 XL but not entirely sure as i've never used their interface before only IOS and Android

What would you tell someone like me who is thinking of buying this phone but not entirely sold?

These kinds of things generally sell themselves but I'll tell you why I ordered mine and why I've used Google/Nexus phones for the past three generations. It's the open source OS which lends itself to third party development, the pure stock Android OS the way Google intended it without any of the bloatware or extra crap that other manufacturers or carriers add to their devices to try to brand them or lock you into their ecosystem and the fact that Google's phones are always first in line for the latest Android updates. I'm also a fan of the front facing speakers and while I don't consider it a factor, I think they won best camera recently.

I could never sell out and use an Apple device or go back to the laggy bloat of Samsung, HTC or Moto after running a pure Android device.

• Ai家Cob家 likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm stuck between the Note 8 and Pixel XL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users