• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

I'm reading the Empire State by Adam Christopher.

The Empire State is the other New York, a parallel universe, Prohibition-era world of mooks and shamuses that is the twisted magic mirror to our bustling Big Apple, a place where sinister characters lurk around every corner while the great superheroes that once kept the streets safe have fallen into dysfunctional rivalries and feuds. It's based on the classic Gotham conventions of the Batman comics and HBOs Boardwalk Empire.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

A cute Naruto yaoi fanfic. I'd love to post the link to it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Hic sunt dracones

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

I'm consumed by the Witcher books at the moment. I finished Baptism of Fire yesterday, and I'll start with The Tower of the Swallow soon. They're great books with interesting stories and it all reads very easily. 

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

finishing the Silmarillion, though i am honestly forgetting a lot of the characters already.

Really, great book, but it contains a load of lore and i just can't remember all those names and character arcs.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The Writer

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

Currently reading Hearts in Atlantis by King. Haven't gotten around to reading the Dark Tower series, but there's a lot of tie-ins to it in HIA. Planning on getting through It afterwards since I've wanted to read it for a while but haven't got a hard-copy.

I'm reading the Empire State by Adam Christopher.

The Empire State is the other New York, a parallel universe, Prohibition-era world of mooks and shamuses that is the twisted magic mirror to our bustling Big Apple, a place where sinister characters lurk around every corner while the great superheroes that once kept the streets safe have fallen into dysfunctional rivalries and feuds. It's based on the classic Gotham conventions of the Batman comics and HBOs Boardwalk Empire.

That sh*t sounds right up my alley.

• Jimmy likes this

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

5192AdPSS1L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm currently reading Crackpot Palace by Jeffrey Ford. It's one of the best collections of short stories I've ever read, with such a healthy mixture of genres ranging from science fiction rooted in the cold war to supernatural film noir. It's surreal and evocative, with many of the stories begging for second and third reads almost immediately. For anyone wondering how to set a scene and atmosphere without using such over the top language, this is the reference point you need to read. I'm going to track down more work from this Ford bloke, he's great.

• Ziggy455 likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The Writer

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

5192AdPSS1L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm currently reading Crackpot Palace by Jeffrey Ford. It's one of the best collections of short stories I've ever read, with such a healthy mixture of genres ranging from science fiction rooted in the cold war to supernatural film noir. It's surreal and evocative, with many of the stories begging for second and third reads almost immediately. For anyone wondering how to set a scene and atmosphere without using such over the top language, this is the reference point you need to read. I'm going to track down more work from this Ford bloke, he's great.

Downloading this right now.

I'm currently reading Cat Chaser by Elmore Leonard. Anything this man writes, I devour. He seems to make mundane situations, and boring characters come out in blunt dialogue and an atmosphere of what I would imagine happens when you make Raymond Chandler smoke a blunt.

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Going to start reading the X-Wing series of novels (starting by Rogue Squadron by Michael Stackpole) because the Thrawn trilogy was fantastic and I'm doing quite well at pretending the new Star Wars canon doesn't exist. I'm still so salty about all the rich, bountiful developments spanning over 30 years suddenly being retconned. What's worse is Disney seem quite comfortable cherry-picking from it whenever it suits, leaving the rest to stew quietly in the patronisingly labeled "legends" category. It's horse sh*t, quite frankly, so I'm quietly protesting by reading the older novels and pretending this new trilogy doesn't exist. I didn't ask for it.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I've ordered the first two novels in the series (of which there are eight) from Amazon so I'm looking forward to that.

AtomicDarling
  • AtomicDarling

The Girl with the Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

9781501173219_p0_v3_s.jpg

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

"Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.

Highly recommend it, lookings for a different book before jumping into next in trilogy.

Any recommendations? On the search....

:) I Chang

albanyave
  • albanyave

It's all in the chin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

I am reading the interactive Paladins series. Just started Book 1 Night of Wolves. Your choices determine how the story progresses. Life, Morale, and Favor are scored. So if you choose wrong, you will find yourself in a pickle very quickly. This adds another layer of interest to the story. 

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Last books i've read was Metro trilogy.
The 2033 was the best imo. 2034 was somewhat offtopic, since original trilogy supposed to roam around one same character (authors words). 2035 had too much unrealistic stuff and unnecessary plot twists.

Fu11Force
  • Fu11Force

Corrupt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

Big Little Lies. It's quite a page turner. I've heard the show was really good as well.

BenMitchell90
  • BenMitchell90

No one could be THAT well-adjusted!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Survivor Type by Stephen King (part of the Skeleton Crew compilation book)

Good God is this short story sick and horrific... and I loved every word of it. Though I'll never be able to watch Cast Away again without thinking of lady fingers.

uq7451
  • uq7451

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith - Fell

Skeever
  • Skeever

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

I just finished "The Stranger in the Woods" by Michael Finkel, which revolves around the story of Christopher Knight, a famous Maine hermit. Being a Mainer myself, and knowing a few of the people mentioned in the book, I found it to be particularly interesting.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from the book:

"[Knight] was confounded by the idea that passing the prime of your life in a cubicle, spending hours a day at a computer, in exchange for money, was considered acceptable, but relaxing in a tent in the woods was disturbed. Observing the trees was indolent; cutting them down was enterprising. What did Knight do for a living? He lived for a living." (p. 121-122)

I thought it was a very good read, and would definitely recommend it.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'm reading this guy's book:

Brad_Adams
  • Brad_Adams

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Now I read Flash and Batman comics

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Currently reading Hearts in Atlantis by King. Haven't gotten around to reading the Dark Tower series, but there's a lot of tie-ins to it in HIA. Planning on getting through It afterwards since I've wanted to read it for a while but haven't got a hard-copy.

Working my way through the Dark Tower series right now, currently on book 3 of the collection. No idea what it is or why, but I find that I struggle with some Stephen King novels at times, and this has been one of them. Every now and then I can sit and do like 60 pages in a session, but then other times I struggle to find myself wanting to read it.  Not saying it's a bad series...just...I don't know...

Constant K
  • Constant K

24/7 365

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

8xOQT3M.jpg

Baltero
  • Baltero

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

lies-locke-lamora-thumb-624x632.jpg?fit=

M0rk
  • M0rk

You mad I'm a pretty bitch, you mad you a gay bitch

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Zimbabwe
  • Best Crew 2017 [Spanish Kings]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

i'm reading red triangle, you should check it out, it's very good: http://gtaforums.com...e-a-gta-fanfic/

• slimeball supreme likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users