So I am not common writer in these forums, but I'm a huge fan of this place and always do follow it. I believe that there are some people that might actually help, 'cause I've seen even more complicated things solved here.
I am unable to play GTA V for a month now and I'm desperate as fudge. I have literally tried everything to solve my problem, but it didn't help.
I've made a contact with Rockstar Support and I got some solutions. I've counted 13 solutions so far (from verifying game cache files to changing my DNS settings). I may be mistaken, but hell, it's a lot. It's from like 4 or 5 different people though.
And I'm writing to you, do you have some time and could you give a look?
LONG STORY SHORT :
- I am unable to activate my game even if it was activated before
- Lot of solutions were given but they didn't work
- My case has been escalated to the proper department for further review
- No activity to my thread for 12 days now
- I'm unable to play GTA V for almost a month now
I to play this game. Please, help me.
I feel almost miserable. First time I'm unable to launch a game that I like a lot.
Could you please help me? And thank you for your time.
EDIT : Problem and solutions
Whenever I try to start the game, Social Club asks to activate my game by entering activation code. I have done it when I bought the game in 2015 but now this window of social club appears and asks again. After entering the code, I get "An unknown Rockstar Game Services error occured. Please try again later."
This error keeps popping every time I try to start the game and I can't play it.
What I did:
- Verify integrity of game files
- Disable/shut down all unnecessary programs
- Troubleshoot my connections
- Reset to all my connections
- Forward TCP and UDP ports that game requires
- Determine proper DNS settings
- Netsh Winsock, int ipv4/int IPv6 resets
- Redownload and reinstall the game
- Deleted "Social Club" folder
- Change windows clock settings
- Turn off firewall
- Connect to a different network
None of these solutions helped me.