Photo

Certain DLC vehicle modifications not working

2 replies to this topic
MmMm2009
  • MmMm2009

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MmMm2009, 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if this is the right place, but eh, here goes: When I spawn certain vehicles from various DLCs (specific ones I've found include the Slamvan Custom and the Elegy Retro Custom) using trainers etc, they have no customisation options. At all.

Let me elaborate: I can drive these vehicles into LS Customs as normal if spawned via trainers or with traffic mods, but when the menu appears, 'wheels' is the only option. I can't change the colour or performance tuning options of these vehicles. Even when using trainers that allow vehicle customisation, only the wheels can be changed. Lowrider customisation options don't even appear in menus, and trying to customise the body colour or anything except the wheels crashes the game. It seems like the game is ignoring the vehicle mods files, or even basic customisations. I've checked some of the relevant .xml, .meta etc files but can't see anything abnormal.

I realise this is a weird problem and suspect a full reinstall is in order, but if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be awesome :)

Running GTA V (with Menyoo, SH V, a traffic variety mod and 2 add on vehicles) on a mid-high spec laptop

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the right place, but eh, here goes: When I spawn certain vehicles from various DLCs (specific ones I've found include the Slamvan Custom and the Elegy Retro Custom) using trainers etc, they have no customisation options. At all.

Let me elaborate: I can drive these vehicles into LS Customs as normal if spawned via trainers or with traffic mods, but when the menu appears, 'wheels' is the only option. I can't change the colour or performance tuning options of these vehicles. Even when using trainers that allow vehicle customisation, only the wheels can be changed. Lowrider customisation options don't even appear in menus, and trying to customise the body colour or anything except the wheels crashes the game. It seems like the game is ignoring the vehicle mods files, or even basic customisations. I've checked some of the relevant .xml, .meta etc files but can't see anything abnormal.

I realise this is a weird problem and suspect a full reinstall is in order, but if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be awesome :)

Running GTA V (with Menyoo, SH V, a traffic variety mod and 2 add on vehicles) on a mid-high spec laptop

That's because these vehicles aren't meant to be driven in Story Mode so the game recognizes which is why it lets you inside LSC but once inside it recognize that it's an Online Only vehicle and those modifications don't spawn in Story Mode.

I would suggest getting an LSC On The Go menu to make up for this

MmMm2009
  • MmMm2009

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MmMm2009, 2 weeks ago.

That's because these vehicles aren't meant to be driven in Story Mode so the game recognizes which is why it lets you inside LSC but once inside it recognize that it's an Online Only vehicle and those modifications don't spawn in Story Mode.

I would suggest getting an LSC On The Go menu to make up for this

Thanks for the reply :)

I've now tried a couple of LSC Portable menus, as well as trainers with customisation menus as well. Also tried out a couple of scripts that help stop any weird glitches when spawning Online cars in single player.

The cars themselves spawn no problem, but every single trainer and menu I used failed to recognise that these vehicles have any mods besides the wheels, all other options were blacked out and inaccessible.

Had a look in the appropriate .rpf archives and the vehicle mod files are all there so right now my best guesses are:

a.) some sort of glitch that's being caused by one of the mods I'm using

b.) the game itself not recognising the vehicle mods because they're online only

c.) some sort of error I've made editing .metas or.xmls while installing add-ons because I'm an idiot :p

Guess it's time to start combing through the game files now :facedesk:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users