Bad Sport and You

147 replies to this topic
Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've been in there twice. The first time was for three days, the second time was for two weeks. 

The first time I'd just bought the Hydra and was having a bit of fun in the lobby. The second time I went after an organization constantly after one of their members killed me when I was AFK. I must have killed them 100 times or so. 

The Bad Sport lobby is weird. In a normal lobby, players rarely try to kill me due to my level and K/D. Bad Sports tend to thrive off beating high level and highly skilled players. I can hold my own, but the EWO spamming, constant teleporting, and off radar tactics are tiring. I can't tell you how good it was to come back to a clean lobby and drive around without needing to constantly look at the radar. 

In BS, there's no need to look at the radar, because 99 percent of the time, players are hiding in ghost.

Only 49.5 percent, the other 49.5 percent they are hiding in passive.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah, they're really scared of being orbital struck.

• HARBUJAHN likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was that jet assh*le

Clearly the word "was" is not reflective of reality and should be edited to the more appropriate reflection of "am." ;)

As for me, I spent about a month in Bad Sport last year. I pretty much stopped playing for the whole month.
I did, however, meet some terrific ladies and got a lot of exercise in!

egEOZ6jd7EWFsRQ9skANlw_0_0.jpg

• gtafan26, Furry_Monkey and Arrows to Athens like this

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

Damn it, just got sent there today on the PS4 (first time being here since ps3 I believe)

1 month and 3 days :/

I hope I dont miss out on a new DLC if its coming!
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 hours ago

Damn it, just got sent there today on the PS4 (first time being here since ps3 I believe)

It's not like if you get sent to bad sport, you are prevented access to DLC's. You'll still be able to buy cars and all of the new stuff.

• Tonguegirl likes this

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

It's not like if you get sent to bad sport, you are prevented access to DLC's. You'll still be able to buy cars and all of the new stuff.

I know, but if its something like DDH there is a very low chance of getting something like that done with BS players who just stick to freeroam 99% of the time..

But purchasing wise its as you said

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 hours ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 12 hours ago.

I know, but if its something like DDH there is a very low chance of getting something like that done with BS players who just stick to freeroam 99% of the time..

You do have a point. Players rarely ever play missions, heists, or races in BS. I did get an invite to a DDH mission once in BS, and yeah, the players who invited sucked ass. Constantly dying and failing the mission. They go rambo and just die.

It's no different over here. lmao

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

You do have a point. Players rarely ever play missions, heists, or races in BS. I did get an invite to a DDH mission once in BS, and yeah, the players who invited sucked ass. Constantly dying and failing the mission. They go rambo and just die.

Yeah true hahaha!

Though it is kind of funny here bumping into the same people you always see as there arent too many BS lobbies around!

I feel lucky Im only here for a month, there are a few people here who are stuck for years...

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 hours ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 12 hours ago.

Yeah true hahaha!

Though it is kind of funny here bumping into the same people you always see as there arent too many BS lobbies around!

I feel lucky Im only here for a month, there are a few people here who are stuck for years...

You would have seen me on a daily basis, but too bad I don't play anymore. I might come back, but I'm not too sure. I'm in BS until July/August, I think?

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

Yeah true hahaha!

You would have seen me on a daily basis, but too bad I don't play anymore. I might come back, but I'm not too sure. I'm in BS until July/August, I think?

July/August lmao jesus christ, how long have you been in there?

Also, what happens of you destroy more PVs in BS? Does your stay get extended or can you do anything you want in there

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 11 hours ago.

Also, what happens of you destroy more PVs in BS? Does your stay get extended or can you do anything you want in there

Probably June, I believe. My sentence is 8 months long.

''Also, what happens of you destroy more PVs in BS? Does your stay get extended or can you do anything you want in there''

You can do anything you want in there. No matter how many jobs you leave, and no matter how many PV's you destroy, your timer will never, ever increase or reset. It will remain the same.

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 hours ago

Probably June, I believe. My sentence is 8 months long.

''Also, what happens of you destroy more PVs in BS? Does your stay get extended or can you do anything you want in there''

You can do anything you want in there. No matter how many jobs you leave, and no matter how many PV's you destroy, your timer will never, ever increase or reset. It will remain the same.

Alright sweet, time to unleash hell then!

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 hours ago

Never been in bad sport, and damn proud of it.

• gtafan26, KWF1981 and PajeroJonas like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by Big Molio, 11 hours ago.

Its kind of like when Marty and Doc come back from the future in Back to the Future Part II, and they arrive in Hill Valley which has become a nightmarish war zone. All hell is breaking loose, and there is no order at all. Nearly every player has the white face and red eyes, Deluxos and Opressors are flying round at ultra high speed blowing everything up, gangs race round in insurgents and APCs shooting at everything that moves. Many players are in passive or in their properties just trying to serve their time.

Nobody does deliveries (except me, I thought it would be funny)
  • gtafan26, Dr.Rosenthal, Arrows to Athens and 2 others like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 hours ago

Its kind of like when Marty and Doc come back from the future in Back to the Future Part II, and they arrive in Hill Valley which has become a nightmarish war zone. All hell is breaking loose, and there is no order at all. Nearly every player has the white face and red eyes, Deluxos and Opressors are flying round at ultra high speed blowing everything up, gangs race round in insurgents and APCs shooting at everything that moves. Many players are in passive or in their properties just trying to serve their time.

Dude, you just summed up BS in a nutshell.

• gtafan26 likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 hours ago

Never been.

• KWF1981 likes this

M*A*R*I*N*A
  • M*A*R*I*N*A

Darling Sweetheart

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 2 hours ago

how many pv's do you have to destroy to go to bs on ps4 because i swear it's not possible to get bs on ps4

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 hours ago Edited by KWF1981, 2 hours ago.

So, aside a few deliveries/resupplies at random. Sounds just like an average session, lol.

Never been, but there's nothing in those lobbies we ain't seen all to often elsewhere, IMO.
  • Big Molio likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 2 hours ago

You can't make solo public lobbies if you're in BS?

Zarpy
  • Zarpy

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 hours ago

how many pv's do you have to destroy to go to bs on ps4 because i swear it's not possible to get bs on ps4

Definitely possible because I was sent there yesterday.

But Im not sure how many behicles need ti be destroyed, but I know for sure its something to do with how many vehickes youve destroyed in the past 24 hours of actual gametime, so even if you stop playing for a week, youll still be at risk to go into BS

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 hours ago

30+ pv's its pretty easy too get in tbh

dino722
  • dino722

Playa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted An hour ago

^ tell me about, If you really wanna go, you get there in a hour, opressor, jets...easiest way

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted An hour ago Edited by Big Molio, An hour ago.

So, aside a few deliveries/resupplies at random. Sounds just like an average session, lol.
Never been, but there's nothing in those lobbies we ain't seen all to often elsewhere, IMO.

Trust me, it's way more chaotic. At least in normal lobbies there is a sense of downtime between skirmishes, but it's relentless in Bad Sport. Players just embrace it, like "I'm here now, may as well make the most of it" lol

The only annoying thing for me is that I couldn't race, because when I tried to accept a race invite, it said something like "You are trying to race with players who are not bad sports. You are a bad sport and cannot join this activity"

• HARBUJAHN and KWF1981 like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted An hour ago Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, An hour ago.

What a vivid description :) I just pictured it with constant night and thunder and piles of burning scrap in the streets, and it made me think itd be really
cool if that was actually the case, kind of an upside-down world..
  • Big Molio likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Members
  • England

Posted An hour ago

Trust me, it's way more chaotic. At least in normal lobbies there is a sense of downtime between skirmishes, but it's relentless in Bad Sport. Players just embrace it, like "I'm here now, may as well make the most of it" lol

The pvp party never stops lol, there's no selling that goes on you are a instant target for the whole lobby if you try 

• Big Molio likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted An hour ago

What a vivid description :) I just pictured it with constant night and thunder and piles of burning scrap in the streets, and it made me think itd be really

cool if that was actually the case, kind of an upside-down world..

Ha ha, it's almost there. The glitched Deluxos flying around at super high speeds are the things to watch for.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted An hour ago Edited by KWF1981, An hour ago.

The only annoying thing for me is that I couldn't race, because when I tried to accept a race invite, it said something like "You are trying to race with players who are not bad sports. You are a bad sport and cannot join this activity"
Yeah. The consistency of it would probably push me away, lol. I enjoy a rumble, but not a 24/7 type of thing this looks, lol.

No races would irritate too TBH.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted An hour ago

Yeah. The consistency of it would probably push me away, lol. I enjoy a rumble, but not a 24/7 type of thing this looks, lol.

No races would irritate too TBH.

Everybody is just trying to survive, there's nothing else going on.

I don't particularly agree with the concept, because taking out other players forms part of normal GTAO PVP activity, and they are invariably going to be in their own vehicles, especially the militarised stuff, and the now personal aircraft. Plus, players need to be able to defend themselves. Secondly, backing out of toxic races does not make one a bad sport, you are trying to avoid the bad sports in that activity.

However, if Bad Sport were as the chap above suggested, and maybe like how they changed the sky and environment in Red Dead Undead Nightmare, so it was like a hellish place, with no police, and you didn't have to wear the hat, it might be a fun place to go, and give normal players a break from bad sports at the same time.

• Dr.Rosenthal and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted An hour ago Edited by KWF1981, An hour ago.

^ Absolutely agree there dude. These vehicles are all fun and games, they've their critics too. But the BS/Insurances are a step too far. Same for leaving jobs when a plank shows. Heists are annoying here in my experiences too, if someone he's playing silly buggers or looking to be worse, I'm not so keen to hang around at tines, but of course, it's my fault and I should get the points. Tedious.

Asking buddies to commend helps, buy we shouldn't have to start a session with our friends/crews with...

'Can you commend me there please dude, some <take your pick, lol> happened'...

And for many that are trying to earn out there, it's $20k a pop just to fight these toys. Defeats the point of trying to sell $80k of car via I/E if it cost me a couple of toy kills, lol. Don't get me wrong, with I/E, I enjoy the chase now. But only because cash is in the bank, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users