Bad Sport and You

87 replies to this topic
SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Plenty of times with 3 accounts... Always got empty lobbys. Then bad sports got disabled and it´s like a dream. Blowing up sh*t without punishment. :D

• Arrows to Athens, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and Happy Hunter like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Never. 4 years without hitting "dodgy" because I'm not an asshole.
  • Coninefan likes this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Never. 4 years without hitting "dodgy" because I'm not an asshole.

k7jU8su.gif

wI5BWyR.gif

• HARBUJAHN, StangOne50 and Rafae like this

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Never been put in there
Not once :)

258 days + the 00,00,00 glitch 
300+ days

?
  • HARBUJAHN likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:539__K/D:17.43 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HARBUJAHN, 2 weeks ago.

Never been put in there
Not once :)

258 days + the 00,00,00 glitch 
300+ days

?

Lol was joking on the first post, my ps3 career was spent in there or with a dodgy status

8 times ive been :blink: (7 times ps3 and once ps4) 

• Fennimoe likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not an asshole.

I beg to differ.

• Fennimoe likes this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by PNutterSammich, 2 weeks ago.

I'm not an asshole.

I beg to differ.

And you are more than welcome to do so my friend! May you have a healthy long life full of happiness and success!

• StangOne50 likes this

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've been placed in the Bad Sport category twice for a total of about three weeks. The first time was for about a week, the second time was for two.

In both instances, I didn't do a hell of a lot wrong. I blew up a few players, but I didn't terrorize any lobbies. I was also constantly receiving Good Sport rewards immediately prior to being dumped in Bad Sport lobbies, which is why I found it weird that I was being penalized.

It's certainly a sh*t show in those lobbies. I mean I can handle myself (Level 485, 2.87 K/D), but I always needed to be aware of my surroundings. Players were dirty as f*ck, and there was no gamesmanship whatsoever. You could be going about your business, they'd activate Ghost Organization, and they'd come after you. Now, I was switched on to that, so I often went underground for three minutes, and sorted them out on most occasions. But it gets tiring.

Normal lobbies are much more relaxed, which I like.  

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Nugsy, 2 weeks ago.

I put myself in there for two days once to join a friend. Didn't take much, I just repeatedly blew up a Faggio as the owner (another friend) kept getting it placed at Mors Mutual.

I don't think it's just the number of vehicles destroyed - I think frequency plays a big part in sending you there too.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not an asshole.

I beg to differ.

And you are more than welcome to do so my friend! May you have a healthy long life full of happiness and success!

Well honestly idk if youre an asshole. You very well may be.

But to assume every player that ends up dodgy is an asshole.. well thats a statement an asshole would make, and I would know because I have no issues admitting I can be a huge asshole  haha

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler
Well honestly idk if youre an asshole. You very well may be.

But to assume every player that ends up dodgy is an asshole.. well thats a statement an asshole would make, and I would know because I have no issues admitting I can be a huge asshole  haha

I am and I'm not? I can be a dick to players, camping, killing AFKer's, hiding in the subways when I'm doing Executive Search or have a bounty, etc. Moves generally viewed as assholish. However, I don't use wall breaches, attack other players product or go out of my way to make other players days miserable and will back off if someone actually asks me to do so.

Everyone is an asshole to some degree.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's a lot of assholes today.

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hiding in the subways when I'm doing Executive Search

That's not asshole behavior. It's good strategy.

Do you think Rockstar randomly selected those spots for the fun of it? They did it because it's essentially a game of hide and seek. When you were a kid, did you ever play in an open field where the other person could spot you instantly? No, you played it in areas with a bunch of obstacles and quickly tried to hide under sh*t. That's the objective of hiding - you know, so the other person can't find you. 

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Never been, never been dodgy player status either. Hell I've only been all the way to psychopath on mental state a dozen times or so, and most of those were f*cking with cops

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Do you think Rockstar randomly selected those spots for the fun of it? They did it because it's essentially a game of hide and seek. When you were a kid, did you ever play in an open field where the other person could spot you instantly? No, you played it in areas with a bunch of obstacles and quickly tried to hide under sh*t. That's the objective of hiding - you know, so the other person can't find you. 

We played at night and I would dress in dark clothes then hide on front of dark basement windows. No cover at all and full unobstructed view of the hunters.

Think crouching in Skyrim only I'm real life.

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by -LN-, 2 weeks ago.

As I mentioned before, I've never been to bad sport or even been labelled as "dodgy", but I also do not subscribe to the notion that being placed in bad sport renders one as an "asshole". I'd imagine that those who do enjoy free roam feel obligated to defend themselves when they're being targeted. It's beyond ridiculous how the whole thing is set up now - especially since blowing up someone else's Oppressor or other armed vehicle generates bad sport points. Seriously, that is about the most idiotic thing I have ever seen within this game. Also, you rack up points for being kicked out of a lobbies and that seems to happen quite regularly to lots of people. I would imagine that you also receive them for disconnecting during the middle of jobs as well; I do know that you get them if you voluntarily quit a job or close the application - I cannot imagine the game being able to properly distinguish the differences between you being disconnected or kicked through no fault of your own and manually pulling out your LAN cable, closing the application, or completely powering off your system.

Either way, bad sport is poorly implemented - especially now that constant PvP is so heavily encouraged within the free roam environment. The real assholes, in my opinion, are the ones who abuse passive mode for cheap kills or an easy escape, abuse EWO when they take any sort of damage, and those who troll jobs (killing teammates during PvE modes, driving backwards on a race track, blocking a race track, etc, etc.).

• alkaline_ likes this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

I´ve never ever been in bad Sport ... i´m a good guy :)

Big_Show
  • Big_Show

GTAO Junkie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've tried, i really have, been kicked, votes bad sport, quit missions,  nothing. 

Johndoe3005
  • Johndoe3005

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Johndoe3005, 2 weeks ago.

After being kicked from public sessions by crews trying to treat the session the same way trump treats the border and having groups of friends kicking me from matches or missions so they could run the timer up for more money or having no choice other than to leave a missions because one of the players blocks everyone from playing it and leaves nothing else to do but sit around and wait has finally led to me getting bad sport for 4 months today.

The funny part is i do not enjoy public lobbies because of the type of entitled groups that are on there so i do missions and matches every time i get on and only go to lobbies between on calls populating. 

What i find funny is i told this story on another forum and literally almost every response was assuming i'm  GRIEFER  i even got a response saying "If you don't leave a session after a group of people told you to then bad sport was made for you"

In 2013 when this game came out i was in bad sport twice for doing what i was supposed to, fight other players. Back then most players had personal vehicles that were the same cars you could get off the street the first few months put 2 and 2 together and that adds to bad sport but both were only 2 weeks and a month. Skip almost 4 years later and because the community has changed SOOOOOOO much i'm now in bad sport for doing something that is enjoyable to avoid the entitled "mommy never said no" players.

True, its not hard to figure out they're in the subway and at that point if you can think quick for most real life situations then you can figure out how to trap them inside.

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homeboy

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by idonknowhow, 2 weeks ago.

2 days for glitching some cars from race, high time of my gtao life :santa:  

JmBArnb.jpg

RjaiWxw.jpg

SaltyGTAFModerators
  • SaltyGTAFModerators

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

2 weeks 

I had that ahole mood 

• StangOne50 likes this

Johndoe3005
  • Johndoe3005

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

2 days for glitching some cars from race, high time of my gtao life :santa:  

JmBArnb.jpg

RjaiWxw.jpg

Bro 2 days for glitching and exploiting an error in the ganes software and i get 4 months for constant player kicks, (nothing against you its not your fault you were about to find the glitch but geez rockstars logic is just backwards.)

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've had a single 2 day stint in BS...in so many ways I found it equated to going to jail irl... every session is full of players who exploit the system in some way.

It also seemed like the message "Some Players are Off the Radar" was stuck on the screen for hours :)

Mr_Pool
  • Mr_Pool

Your neighborhood pool boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm a ground assassin so zero, I own jets/planes but it's wayyyy more gratifying to kill you on the ground in person.

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

KEEP FIRING, ASSHOLES!!

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I've had a single 2 day stint in BS...in so many ways I found it equated to going to jail irl... every session is full of players who exploit the system in some way.

Same thing in clean lobbies. For the first time, some scumbag f*cked with my wifi, something which happened in a clean lobby and never in a bad sport lobby.

-WaVy-
  • -WaVy-

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Everytime I went to badsport the lobbies were always empty, longest sentence was 1 month.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Everytime I went to badsport the lobbies were always empty, longest sentence was 1 month.

Not for me. Only about 3 or 4 different lobbies at max. There are only about a 100 BS players currently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users