Quantcast

» «
Photo

Multiple Protagonists or just Arthur

48 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think there will be mutliple protags (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think there will be mutliple protags?

1. yes I do (18 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

2. No, i believe it will be just Arthur (80 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

there is speculation that there are multiple protagonists, and rockstar just showed Arthur's trailer first. Do you believe in the multi protag theory

or do you think the sole protagonist is Arthur

ColePhelps
  • ColePhelps

Browsing the forums since 2004

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:14 AM

I hope its just Arthur, the reason why i disliked GTA V so much was because of it

• livejoker, Dominik1411, Meekail and 3 others like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:23 AM

its just Arthur (thankfully)

• anthony likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

If you read the Newswire you'd know only one character is confirmed.

Arthur Morgan.
  • Mister Pink, livejoker, Dee. and 2 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

a sense of pride and accomplishment

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:33 AM

@Rafae: Confirmed SO far! I hope this is correct/stays that way cause I disliked GTA V's 3-protag system. Immersing myself in a character was ruined. Checking emails and acting like Niko Bellic? Real easy. Doing that for 3 different characters? I need a secretary to keep up with the emails and change my playstyle each time I control a new character.

Hey, greenrock, no offense but maybe a bit more "meat" to your threads would be nice. Add in sources/links supporting your thread. Link an article that discusses the possibility of multi-protag. I don't recommend Youtube vids. They're less credible.

• Mister Pink, Dominik1411, Rafae and 1 other like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

I bet you'll that we will have character switching during heists and John Marston will be playable if Arthur dies or we achieve 100% game progress.

I will not buy it if we're going to play as Lincoln Cay's lookalike Arthur the whole time.

GroveStGTAV
  • GroveStGTAV

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

7 cowboys in one gang but we can only play arthur huh?

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

Arthur

• MostWantedMVP and B_E_N_1992 like this

Meekail
  • Meekail

Phenomenal

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:41 AM

Having multiple characters in RDR wouldn't fit imo. Like the whole switching thing, when you switch it gives you a bird's eye view of the map going to the character. That would feel out of place in a game like RDR I think.

I also think they could make a more effective story with just one protagonist. 

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:50 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 01 October 2017 - 04:56 AM.

Too bad the leaker said we'll play as John, so multiple protagonists is still possible.

If we don't have multiple protagonists towards the end, then RDR2 won't have Online towards the beginning.

Because the character wheel was the fastest way into Online.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

The same leaker also said that the higher-ups at Rockstar weren't pleased with how things were coming together and that the team was reworking things constantly.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:38 AM

I hope not. It's been years since we've played a R* game with just one protagonist. I also hope it doesn't pull a Jack on us.
  • anthony likes this

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:54 AM

If this game involves 3 playable characters we would have known it by now. At least after trailer 2.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

Too bad the leaker said we'll play as John, so multiple protagonists is still possible.

If we don't have multiple protagonists towards the end, then RDR2 won't have Online towards the beginning.

As if not having a switched would affect online in any way..

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

but dont you guys remember the GTA V trailer, first one that everyone thought the protag was just Michael (franklin was in the trailer too and no one knew he was protag)

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:58 PM Edited by Mas u Sees, 01 October 2017 - 12:59 PM.

there is speculation that there are multiple protagonists, and rockstar just showed Arthur's trailer first. Do you believe in the multi protag theory

I do think the story will be focused on one protagonist, on Arthur Morgan, however that for gameplays sake you will be able to switch between charactars for tactical vantage points, and to keep the action rolling.

It would take the best of both systems in my honest opinion,

the focused story and charactar development of one protagonist, with the concentrated on going fluid hollywood-esque action and game design of multiple protagonists.

I also think you will be able to choose the charactars you attend missions with at the beginning of a mission, similar to how you choose Heists charactars in GTA V.

And that the amount of charactars you can choose from, expands with the story progressing, and the amount of people joining your gang.

It will essentially be a lot more like a movie, where you also do not have focus on the one single protagonist for the entire time, but see still focus on his charactar and development.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

I do think the story will be focused on one protagonist, on Arthur Morgan, however that for gameplays sake you will be able to switch between charactars for tactical vantage points, and to keep the action rolling.

the focused story and charactar development of one protagonist, with the concentrated on going fluid hollywood-esque action and game design of multiple protagonists.

I also think you will be able to choose the charactars you attend missions with at the beginning of a mission, similar to how you choose Heists charactars in GTA V.

And that the amount of charactars you can choose from, expands with the story progressing, and the amount of people joining your gang.

It will essentially be a lot more like a movie, where you also do not have focus on the one single protagonist for the entire time, but see still focus on his charactar and development.

you mean something like you can switch protags in certain missions, but during free roam you will always be Arthur?

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

you mean something like you can switch protags in certain missions, but during free roam you will always be Arthur?

I have not thought about Free Roam here, but I assume, there you would also ride around with your gang if you like to and also be abel to switch between them during gameplay.

But the thing is that the story would still be focused on one charactar, or rather on the whole Van der Linde Gang as a whole, with the focus on Arthur, as the setting allows for that.

These charactars do not have their own story arcs, or their own families around, they are essentialy uniform, one gang, outlaws, who have given up on their old values, therefor a multiple charactar system would work a lot better than in GTA V, because the story remains at one place.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Just Arthur, but we may the take the role of another protagonist as the story could dictate. Think Jack after John was skilled, and not implying that Arthur will find the same fate.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

7 cowboys in one gang but we can only play arthur huh?

yeah so?

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

The multiple protagonists thing ruined GTA V for a lot of players and I wasn't a fan of it. I certainly hope that it's just Arthur Morgan this time.
  • Dominik1411, Meekail, Dee. and 1 other like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

I want to play as Dutch

JustAMetalHead
  • JustAMetalHead

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:40 PM Edited by JustAMetalHead, 01 October 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Leakers doesn't mean that anything has been confirmed, the only thing that has been confirmed story wise is who we're playing as. Arthur Morgan

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

I hope it's just him.

No need to overshadow Arthur by letting John be playable. And he better not die in the end... just say he went off east or something to explain his absence in RDR 1. The other cowboys and indian can bite it, I don't care. I just don't want it to turn out why Arthur is never mentioned is because he died, that'd be lazy af. And the main character died in RDR 1 and got replaced, so it'd just be treading on old ground. Not to mention LA Noire killed off its lead, and you can kill Michael/Trevor in GTA V(And Trevor killed Johnny). I'm sick of this fetish they seem to have of killing main characters.

And multiple characters would mean Arthur or one of the others would end up like Franklin in GTA V, under developed and stale compared to the others. No thanks, let's have one fully fleshed out protagonist that can hopefully live up to John, Niko, and all the other great R* characters.

• anthony and Meekail like this

Melted_INC
  • Melted_INC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

i feel we will play as John in some capacity 

hope thats all though any more characters could hurt immersion 

Meekail
  • Meekail

Phenomenal

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

Playing as John at this point would make the original feel less impactful in my opinion. 

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

Playing as John at this point would make the original feel less impactful in my opinion. 

I agree. I loved John but his time has been and gone. Rdr(1) is his game. I don't want to play as him again.

I'm open with multiple players but as I've always said, the story has to be good enough, longer and the characters have to be fully developed. If rockstar can do this, in for it

B_E_N_1992
  • B_E_N_1992

VCSF

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

They can easily change the 4 player character wheel to 2. Arthur north and the online character south of the wheel

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

there "gotta" be some variety to it, to have at least a handful of missions from a perspective other than morgan's

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

I want to play as Dutch

You forgot Rickets
  • Nameless Foot Soldier likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users