Installation time?

7 replies to this topic
Henkkanaattori
  • Henkkanaattori

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I recently bought Grand Theft Auto V via Steam. It should be done downloading in a few hours or so. How long will it take to install the game after downloading? Should I force myself to stay awake so I can set it to install, or should I just go to sleep and install it by the morning?

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I recently bought Grand Theft Auto V via Steam. It should be done downloading in a few hours or so. How long will it take to install the game after downloading? Should I force myself to stay awake so I can set it to install, or should I just go to sleep and install it by the morning?

Downloading/Installing = Same Thing

Henkkanaattori
  • Henkkanaattori

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

No it is not. You have to install the game after downloading.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

took little over 2 hours to install from DVD version, you should consider atleast an hour still tho hard drive copying speed is higher

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

No it is not. You have to install the game after downloading.

Not with steam you don't once the game is downloaded it's installed.

took little over 2 hours to install from DVD version, you should consider atleast an hour still tho hard drive copying speed is higher

He clearly stated he was downloading from steam

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Should be less than 10-15 mins....i'm not basing this on my Gaming PC...I put this on my stock Wal-Mart laptop.

It's only 635MB....

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Should be less than 10-15 mins....i'm not basing this on my Gaming PC...I put this on my stock Wal-Mart laptop.

It's only 635MB....

GTAV is 70Gb, also op spoke about the steam version as Ai®aCob®a said, once you download all files, its playable

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's only 635MB....

GTAV is 70Gb, also op spoke about the steam version as Ai®aCob®a said, once you download all files, its playable

HA! :miranda:

Oh man! I was in the Vice City section at the time I pulled this up. That's hilarious. I'm not even going to remove the comment. I thought I had read it took two hours to install Vice City and I was wondering the whole time what kind of computer could possibly take that long.

Back to the actual topic though, I think it was three hours using the discs to install. But yeah the rest of the statements are accurate for steam. Origin I think does the download / install process.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users