Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar reveals second trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2!

544 replies to this topic
wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Alrighty guys, here's my stab at the old analysis machine.

Here's the lineup that I can ascertain thus far.

MUxW4fF.jpg

My guess at the plot:

We're set 15 years prior to the first Red Dead. 

Dutch Van Der Linde is a semi-respectable outlaw. He's a combination of Al Swearengin and Powers Booth's character from Deadwood. Half protective angel, half mean sonofabitch. But other gangs and government interference threaten his operation and a young escaped outlaw comes into town and threatens to undo everything he's built. His eden is quickly crumbling. 

Van der Linde's gang starts as a somewhat respectable operation but when a young Blonde Cowgirl (possibly Heidi McCourt? although that is too on-the-nose perhaps) gets in a brawl with one of Dutch's hoods by stabbing him in the hand (let's call him Fake Bill because his hat has 2 curls instead of just 1), as seen in the trailer, Dutch is one man short for a big train heist. A newcomer outlaw (Arthur) is just what the doctor ordered, coming in on the outskirts of the gang by working with the Native listed above. "We need an extra gun"

Look at the artwork above. If correct, it is Dutch and Bill that surround Arthur. They appear to be watching him like hawks. Soon jealousy turns Dutch mad and Bill turns into Dutch's lapdog. 

"John.... When the time comes.... you got to run away and don't look back. This is over"

Arthur is portrayed as a heartless bastard in the trailer and he may well be but I think we will come to see him as more sympathetic and Dutch as more villainous as the plot unfolds. But not pure villainy, he will merely be a product of his circumstances and will have acted trying to stem the tide of fate. I also think we will come to see John as some who was somewhat manipulated by Arthur, and Dutch is a far sympathetic figure all along. "You always had a high opinion of yourself, John". It'll be something like the end of Vice City where Lance turns against Tommy but I think both Arthur and Dutch will turn against each other. Everyone else will have to choose sides. 

Derby Hat guy would be the guy who says "Ain't no such thing as civilized" (who sounds mighty like the late Powers Booth, I might add) but I see no conclusive proof of him or Old Timer in the trailer, who has blonde or silver hair as portrayed by the specular highlight in the artwork.

Any way, I am excited as you can tell, but I must get back to work I've been avoiding all day. Damn you Rockstar. You beautiful developers you. 

• Spider-Vice, Duxfever, Perez84 and 10 others like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:09 PM Edited by MojoGamer, 28 September 2017 - 09:10 PM.

The trailer was reuploaded (well, uploaded again, not replaced) to the R* channel with the PS4 adverts, they did the same with the debut trailer on some of the international channels. The end mentions details to follow on select RDR2 content on PS4.
https://youtu.be/iqaipBpnVRE?t=92

A friendly reminder that PlayStation owners will get additional benefits for Red Dead Redemption 2, including first access to select online content. We’ll have more specifics to share there in the months ahead.

https://blog.eu.play...tion-2-trailer/

It has to be the deal that will allow PS4 gamers to play Online before Xbone.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

after the piece of crap that was GTA V, i hate rockstar too much to be able to want to buy this game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • anthony, Femme Fatale and Line Cook like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

after the piece of crap that was GTA V, i hate rockstar too much to be able to want to buy this game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel it too, but look on the bright. Nostalgia works better for RDR and not Vice City.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

It has to be the deal that will allow PS4 gamers to play Online before Xbone.

Is that bad thing or good thing for xbox players?

Ray_Velcoro
  • Ray_Velcoro

Oreo is overrated

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Why the first thing i noticed on second  shot was horse balls ? 

• Arshia138 and Tall Trees Sasquatch like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

GTA V was a quality game, it just had a cancerous growth attached to it.

• Line Cook likes this

volta2001
  • volta2001

drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Possible the crying widow is Abigail and the boy is Jack? This could be 1 story told non linear. Would go along with that leaker who got Arthur correct. 

LegacyKillaHD
  • LegacyKillaHD

The Youtuber That Talks About Red Dead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Possible the crying widow is Abigail and the boy is Jack? This could be 1 story told non linear. Would go along with that leaker who got Arthur correct. 

Who leaked Arthur?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Holy crap, Dutch is in this, cool, I look forward to exploring those mountains and the forests

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Who leaked Arthur?

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069865570

From a reddit post that apparently appeared before announcement.

• UltraGizmo64 and deadasdisco like this

volta2001
  • volta2001

drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:41 PM Edited by volta2001, 28 September 2017 - 09:41 PM.

Who leaked Arthur?

thnx -edit

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Ninja'd ;) 

• volta2001 likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

Alrighty guys, here's my stab at the old analysis machine.

Here's the lineup that I can ascertain thus far.

MUxW4fF.jpg

the old timer, actually has to be Javier Escuella and his Mexican

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

The sky box and clouds in this new trailer are looking beautiful. I admit the first trailer had me concerned with how similar to GTAV the lighting and sky box were but this here is far beyond anything in GTAV. I can't wait to see a sunset in this game because judging by the glimpses in this trailer it will be really something special.

vlcsnap_00057.pngvlcsnap_00058.png

• Efreet, -Quantum-, Meekail and 2 others like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

That last scene reminds me a lot of the Witcher 3 tbh.

• Neudd and StJimmy like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

the old timer looks like Landon Ricketts, but its probably a new character (homage) to him

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:50 PM Edited by MojoGamer, 28 September 2017 - 09:53 PM.

the old timer looks like Landon Ricketts, but its probably a new character (homage) to him

his a duel weilder and has a similar  hat and dark face like the Black Guy next to him

tumblr_m7axjkV41F1r7oo63o1_500.jpg

He also has a big nose like the old timer

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Most of the trees seen seem to be re-used from GTA5.

Or maybe, the current gen versions were using trees from RDR2 in the first place. That'd make sense.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Or maybe, the current gen versions were using trees from RDR2 in the first place. That'd make sense.

That's what I've been thinking. I mean, RDR2 was already in development then very likely. It's possible that V NG's engine was based on an earlier version of RDR2's too.

• UltraGizmo64 and otachi like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

That's what I've been thinking. I mean, RDR2 was already in development then very likely. It's possible that V NG's engine was based on an earlier version of RDR2's too.

This is why I believe they delayed RDR2, after messaging them I want a 4k game.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

I just wonder how much Sony paid them to keep this one off PC...

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:51 PM Edited by Dee., 28 September 2017 - 10:52 PM.

Wish we got something more than a trailer. :/
  • P.T. and Rafae like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:58 PM Edited by MojoGamer, 28 September 2017 - 11:02 PM.

deleted* i-decided-to-drink-before-going-in-to-wo

Marston1911
  • Marston1911

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

http://www.telegraph...jpg?imwidth=450

It's probably a coincidence, but the entire time the middle character walks away at 1 min 14 of this clip, his right side faces Williamson. That is where Bill shot John at the beginning of RDR. It could be a younger John, but probably not.

BaileyPoints
  • BaileyPoints

That YouTuber

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:09 PM Edited by BaileyPoints, 28 September 2017 - 11:11 PM.

Here's my opinion on the latest trailer and stuff I noticed:

The trailer for me, was a true masterpiece. The world & scenery combined with these outstanding graphics is absolutely beautiful. From first watching the trailer I did see a few locations that where from the leaked map, mainly the "Flat Iron" lake running through the map.

The new protagonist, Arthur Morgan is a fresh new face to the Rockstar universe. He has his own unique personality which was displayed throughout the trailer in his actions and dialogue. He seems to be a much more bolder & merciless character fitting the persona of a true outlaw of the Old American West. I see many people comparing Arthur Morgan to John Marston, which in some way I disagree with because Arthur is a completely different character with different ambitions & goals. However Arthur & John will have one thing in common, hence the name Redemption.It's still too early on to make a judgement on him and I think Rockstar will make him a character that in a few years time will say we loved!

Even though many of us speculated the game was going to be a prequel and focus around Dutch's gang, seeing this in the trailer didn't let me down however it made me even more interested. Most of John Marston's dialogue and even the story focused around John's past and Dutch's gang in Red Dead Redemption, so to finally see the event's which led to Redemption has got me super pumped. What caused the falling out? Why isn't Arthur Morgan in Redemption? What really happened in the botched boat/bank robbery? Who is Heidi McCourt? There is so many questions. This is a game for the fans, us.

I am eager to find out in the upcoming weeks/months through more information & news drops more about Arthur, Dutch and to see what type of role John will play in this story. I haven't been this anticipated for a game in such a long time. The hype for Red Dead Redemption 2 has made me replay the first game three times since announcement.

Also a few things I noticed in the trailer which I haven't seen noted yet:

• Dutch appears more than once in the trailer. He appears twice and gives two separate pieces of dialogue. First we see him wearing his hat and balaclava covering his face (00:57) and at the end were he speaks to Morgan.
    QzrB1oY.png

• In one of the final scenes of the trailer, could this be Bill, John & Arthur walking away from the mansion on fire? (01:14). The smart attire from the person in the middle may make you dismiss this, but Dutch looks pretty well of and we know that Dutch took in John after he escaped an orphanage. So could the connection between John and Dutch be much stronger than what we already know?
    4xd7zjM.png
  • Also the person next to the female woman in the saloon wearing the bowler hat when she stabs the man in the hand is probably the other character from the artwork, now filling in another slot (01:03)?
    hzq5eGK.png
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:01 AM Edited by m8son, 29 September 2017 - 12:08 AM.

That guy positioned in the back of the artwork has to be Edgar Ross, it's obviously his voice near the beginning of the trailer.  I can see him being the lawman that "chased them from the west and over the mountains."  Considering the leaked map is real maybe the game starts in West Elizabeth then something goes down in Blackwater, leaving the gang to flee East over the mountains being hunted by Ross and other lawmen throughout the game

Edit - And if that is really John on the far left it would make sense to have Edgar positioned in between him and the rest of the gang, considering he was the main factor that divided them

• Duxfever, UltraGizmo64 and Rafae like this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

So she changed her hair color and got contacts after John died? Okay

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:15 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 29 September 2017 - 12:22 AM.

So she changed her hair color and got contacts after John died? Okay

The boy looks older then 18, Dutch in RDR1 guessed Marston's son was 15 to 16 yrs old

RDR1 took place in 1911 and Jack was born in 1895, so his 16

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Who leaked Arthur?

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069865570

From a reddit post that apparently appeared before announcement.
Link doesnt work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users