Photo

Ballistic Equipment - What for ?

15 replies to this topic
LordLoff
  • LordLoff

MC Biker

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:20 PM Edited by LordLoff, 28 September 2017 - 02:40 PM.

I had an epiphany today, after much research, but a quite short lasting one

To use the roughnes and superior speed of the Nightshark but filling the gap of weaker bulletproof windows by calling/wearing an ballistic equipment wile driving it on Missions or even freeroams...

But guess what ??? Using that armor does not allow you to enter ANY VEHICLE and more bad news, it will auto-evaporate as soon as you enter an MC Contract DLC mission or simple lobby heist !!!

So my dream was washed away by reading about it

- Either I handle explosions inside the Night Shark, and use window plates to help protect (and not that much) from simple bullets, without beeing able to shoot outside, besides the front mini "weak" guns that don't even turn to aim

- Either I leave the big stock windows to shoot outside but any troll can shoot back to me now iside the car very easily, as if I was on a damm Peyote

- Either I get out of the NS on the first sign of bullets and call and wait 30 precious seconds outside for the Ball Equip drop, being now at the mercy of both, bullets and explosions

Can anyone enlight me on a different strategy or workaround to use this half-million damm armor in any way, besides on foot trolling at downtown havocs ???

Does it even stay on if I do a simple gang spot raid ?

Stealing Groceries ???

Mugging People ???

Honestly, I may be missing some out of the box idea

0CypherP
  • 0CypherP

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Ballistic equipment is useful for freemode fun,like surviving against cops or killing other players.

If you have a friend,get an duneloader,and make he drive it for you,you can get carried by it,he drops you on conflict zones and come back to extract you when you need.

Hope this helps you.
  • Skeve613 likes this

LordLoff
  • LordLoff

MC Biker

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:49 PM Edited by LordLoff, 28 September 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Thanks for your answer, I guess freeroaming has some cool possibilities for fun and havoc, but right now Im pretty much commited on MC Meth Lab and Contracts grinding

I have a Kuruma (by far the best bullet proof investment you can do), perfect for EVP - NPCs guns never reach me, even when Im parked for long to carefully aim, but I hate the Kuruma weakness against one single explosion on city crossing for Contracts or Stealing supplies

Also the awful vehicles the game forces me to drive for Meth final sales could be pached by the Ball Equip, a pitty

EVP - Is that correct ?

0CypherP
  • 0CypherP

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Use the Hauler custom,you know about that insurgent tactic?

Turning the back of the vehicle and not getting shoot,it also takes 9-12 explosions if i am not wrong,

You can use the Insurgent too,but npcs still hit you unfortunately,but that doesn't happen with the Hauler Custom :)

LordLoff
  • LordLoff

MC Biker

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:01 PM Edited by LordLoff, 28 September 2017 - 03:06 PM.

Use the Hauler custom,you know about that insurgent tactic?

Turning the back of the vehicle and not getting shoot,it also takes 9-12 explosions if i am not wrong,

You can use the Insurgent too,but npcs still hit you unfortunately,but that doesn't happen with the Hauler Custom :)

Does it allow me to shoot outside with the AP Pistol thorough the back window ???

Only being able to ramm enemies is quite difficult for me driving bacwkards, they always have some obstacles to cover against miss-aimed rammings, lol

Oops, it does not have a back window, right ?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess for now the Kuruma will do a better more complete service against NPCs

It is a real pitty cause this Jughernaut thing could be really great inside a vehicle, would buy it right away

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

ballistic equipment on gang war

• Gridl0k likes this

fryday
  • fryday

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

5000 bucks for each action are quite heavy... never used it

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:22 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 04 October 2017 - 08:23 AM.

The one thing it was really useful for, was patched within a few days.

red.jpg

I called it in vs a tryhard and frankly that was a waste of time too, the minigun range just isn't up to fighting marksman rifle (in the open).

At half a million dollars plus 5 grand to call it in, we should be doing the PacStandard finale in it tbh.

• Sky_Light12, bulldog385, Goofy The Scot and 1 other like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

There seems to be a glitch that allows you to use the Ballistic Armor with Oppressor, but I can't get it to work. Maybe it's patched :/

taken250
  • taken250

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Like guy said aboved its best used with friends. You can murder a whole lobby by getting a Guardian truck getting on the back and blowing people away when they drive by. Or just grab the riot van from the police station. Only thing you have to look for is people simply blowing up the car. you might not die but it will send you flying

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The equipment is just a novelty item or gimmick to tie along with the Gun Running theme. Its like the Weaponized Tampa for those who bought it, has no real purpose just an collectors item to say you bought/own one.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Gridl0k, 4 weeks ago.

^ You're not using your Tampa right!

Those miniguns will chew up anything. And it has 3 other weapons besides.

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ You're not using your Tampa right!

Those miniguns will chew up anything. And it has 3 other weapons besides.

But, is it worth the cost of purchase, and the cost of all the upgrades to get the weapons?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Probably not tbh, depends on what and how you play.

• Mr Spanky likes this

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably not tbh, depends on what and how you play.

Thanks for the reply

To be perfectly honest, I have unlocked most of the research projects, upgraded 2 of the weapons, not bought any of the gun running vehicles

Most of them, I couldn't really see the point

Even on the smugglers run, I think there will only be one plane that I will buy, need 12 more missions to do first though
  • Gridl0k likes this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

i like to use it while moc surfing.

people expect explosive cannons but they get bullets

5000 bucks for each action are quite heavy... never used it

yeah it's trash, bst is better, and cheaper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users