Photo

Alternate logo on save file?

16 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 3 weeks ago.

So I was looking through my save files on my PS2 memory card, and I reached GTA 3 and noticed something that I have never noticed before - the logo used is the not the official GTA 3 logo, instead, it's this alternate logo:

OZdGUcL.jpg

Anyone know why DMA/Rockstar would have done this? This alternate logo can actually be found on Google Images.

• universetwisters and jaljax like this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's PAL/Europe logo actually. I don't know why they used it as save game icon but isn't any game breaking issue or whatever.

• universetwisters, Inadequate and Ivan1997GTA like this

Sidaredd
  • Sidaredd

I can run GTA V on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 1.5 Ghz CPU

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago

Also, when you select German or French as language in menu. It will show this logo.

https://i.imgur.com/DFnDZwd.jpg

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 weeks ago

That logo's shown when you select a language other than American English. It's the default icon on European versions I believe.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's weird, because it's the Australian PAL version.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

There's no separate version for Australia. The probably have the European version shipped there as well. I've the Eurpoean version myself on PC and a damaged PS2 disk.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I get that logo as well , even when completed all the import/export

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's no separate version for Australia. The probably have the European version shipped there as well. I've the Eurpoean version myself on PC and a damaged PS2 disk.
I thought the Australian version had some features cut, such as the ability to pick up prostitutes.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I get that logo as well , even when completed all the import/export

I always thought that was the beta logo , but it's not lol.. As everyone has stated it's the PAL/Europe Logo

Beta logo's are two stencil one's. 

One is just the full name of the game & the other is one that look's very similar to the GTA 2 logo, but anyways i'm getting off topic lol.

I thought the Australian version had some features cut, such as the ability to pick up prostitutes.

It was either using the bat or kicking people when they were on the ground was cut as well. 

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

That might be the case, I'm not sure as I've never heard that before but there must have been no changes in terms of textures or logo.
  • jaljax likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Kaniel Outis yeah textures, logos etc etd have remained untouched, it's just the prostitute feature that was cut. @jaljax no, only the French and/or German version had the ability to attack someone while they're down removed, the Australian version still has it.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Kaniel Outis yeah textures, logos etc etd have remained untouched, it's just the prostitute feature that was cut. @jaljax no, only the French and/or German version had the ability to attack someone while they're down removed, the Australian version still has it.

It think it was a patch to the EXE. Using a US version of the executable or even an uncensored version will undo it.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Evil empire, 2 weeks ago.

That logo's shown when you select a language other than American English. It's the default icon on European versions I believe.

I use the french version and always have GTAIII written this way in the main menu.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

I use the french version and always have GTAIII written this way in the main menu.
There's a different logo texture for the French version in menu.txd. it changes depending on the language.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah i know i recently figured out my mistake lol. Everyone make's mistake's though,  nobody is perfect lol

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh f*ck I remember those 3d save file things from the PS2 games. Thanks for the trip down memory lane 

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh f*ck I remember those 3d save file things from the PS2 games. Thanks for the trip down memory lane 

Haha your welcome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users