Photo

Getting depth stencil and segmentation data

2 replies to this topic
mmuaz
  • mmuaz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by mmuaz, 3 weeks ago.

I am trying to run this repository umautobots/GTAVisionExport/native. I have compiled and built it successfully following instructions on the repo. 

I posted some issues on this link under name muaz-git. Does anyone have ever tried to run this repository and could help me in running this repository. I am pretty sure that I am either missing some driver or library on runtime otherwise it wouldn't have compiled properly. Also for most of the people it works properly or at least to some extent. 

I am kind of new to C++ and not really sure how to debug and figure out what I am doing wrong. here are my complete PC Specs. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me in running this repository. I am struggling on it for months now and finally decided to post here. I will really appreciate your help.

Actually I am not able to get depth maps of the game after pressing the `L` key. After bit of manual debugging I found out that in this line is getting executed for me all the time. Besides that whenever I try to save depth map, the conditions here are not satisfied which is I think the reason that I am not getting depth map. Specifically, `Format` of `D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC` doesn't match sometimes also `Width` and `Height` of `D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC` are not always greater than `1000` (which is the reason that condition will be trued).

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you need to monitor these continuously for the mod, or are you just looking for a snapshot for some external use? Because in the later case, I would recommend to just use RenderDoc.

mmuaz
  • mmuaz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, I wanted to use it for external purpose. As I plan to collect segmentation data in order to use them for my thesis. I have looked in to renderdoc as per the guys from Dramstadt have worked on. But as suggested by them, it's kind of semi-automatic. I am looking for something, which should be completely automatic. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users