Rockstar's Rocky Relationship With Take-Two :/

8 replies to this topic
PapaHutDomino
  • PapaHutDomino

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have this theory that the reason R* is so money hungry, is because their debt with Take-Two. I thought about it for awhile and it made perfect sense to me. In this generation, the majority of game developers only care about how their game looks and wanting to have the best looking game out there. The world, graphics, motion caption etc. GTA V is a heavily detailed game and I can guarantee you it wasn't cheap to make at all. Take-Two, which is the parent company, I guess provides R* with the currency they need to make a game like GTA V. Again, which wasn't cheap. So now that GTA V is fully developed, people are playing it and enjoying it, the business part comes in. Like all businesses, if you invest in something or someone, you expect to see what you put in come back to you 2x. Even though GTA V sold over a billion copies, the revenue probably wasn't enough for Take-Two. How would they make more revenue? It's not like people would keep buying GTA V over and over again when they're already halfway through the game. So GTA Online is born, with on-going expensive in-game materials people want immediately and not willing to grind for. So here come the Shark Cards! Something you can buy instantly with real money which goes to R*, which goes to Take-Two, which goes to God :0 So I'm guessing Take-Two figured GTA V is a cash cow and saw no reason to stop milking.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Single-Player DLC either when Online is their base source of income. I don't take Rockstar for the gambling type, so why scramble to create a brand new story when players can do it themselves? Besides during story-mode you didn't have to pay for anything, so why stop what's generating the most income for the company?

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 3 weeks ago.

Rockstar Games was bought by Take Two. Take Two owns them. That's it. 

Back in the day people thought that EA was going to buy Rockstar Games. Imagine that.

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Neickup, 3 weeks ago.

Back in the day people thought that EA was going to buy Rockstar Games. Imagine that.

Well, they proposed 2 billion to buy Take-Two.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rockstar Games was bought by Take Two. Take Two owns them. That's it. 

Do you remember when EA bought gtaforums?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Single-Player DLC either when Online is their base source of income

It's been four years since GTA 5 came out. If anyone still thinks single player DLC is coming out, they're a fool.

• Femme Fatale, jaljax and DOUGL4S1 like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 3 weeks ago.

That wasn't just a thought, they did try a hostile takeover in 2008 and very nearly succeeded.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ViceOfLiberty, 3 weeks ago.

Hasn't Take2 owned R* since the 90's?

The real reason GTA sucks is because the consumers and developers suck equally in modern day. Forgive my bitterness but everyone is a retard except me.

LOL just playing.
  • jaljax and PapaHutDomino like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hasn't Take2 owned R* since the 90's?

The real reason GTA sucks is because the consumers and developers suck equally in modern day. Forgive my bitterness but everyone is a retard except me.

LOL just playing.

Since they were known as BMG Interactive then they changed it to Rockstar Game's of course , but yes lol. 

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Take-Two's primary concern is money, they don't care about the quality or direction of Rockstar's games as long as they make money and continue to do so into the future. Do the Rockstar devs dislike the direction of the Gta series at the moment? Maybe but they're going to keep quite about it, and that is understandable.
  • jaljax and PapaHutDomino like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users