Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Gta Do You Think Had The Worst Storyline?

47 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gotta love San Andreas being f*cking destroyed in this thread. Shows how much stories are actually valued beyond just "gameplay variety". Not even the star studded cast can save it from being an utter fail.:p

• jaljax and EtherTakeover like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gotta love San Andreas being f*cking destroyed in this thread. Shows how much stories are actually valued beyond just "gameplay variety". Not even the star studded cast can save it from being an utter fail. :p

Yeah exactly , but what about the top down game's? i didn't really like the story of Chinatown War's to be honest.

Even though that one is in the HD era , but a top down upgraded version from the other top down Gta's

• Terrc87 likes this

Pottatto
  • Pottatto

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

III, in my opinion. The story is kind of dull and most of the characters aren't really memorable.

• Am Shaegar likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I only really liked  8 Ball, Joey Leone and Salvatore from GTA 3. 

Oh and the Yardies. "You got 5 seconds to get back in the car man"

• jaljax likes this

BigEzmok
  • BigEzmok

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

V

• jaljax likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wow, SA is getting rekt. *grabs popcorn*

TBoGT

It doesn't match up with IV and TLAD at all.

And it also made Bulgarin a joke.... when you met the guy in IV for the first time you think 'Oh sh*t, that guy must be the main antagonist!' and he has threatening vibes about him... then you play TBoGT and he's playing air guitar and just doesn't seem as big a threat before. He says the FA word, big whoop! To make things worse, he was Niko's enemy.... not Luis'. Niko should have been the one to end Bulgarin, Luis could have had his own original villain like Johnny had Billy.

Ray and Rocco I don't mind other characters killing them, but Bulgarin should have been Niko's kill.

TBoGT was too cheery, sunshine and rainbows... Luis didn't lose anybody he cared about, there were no choices in his story apart from sparing Zuko(I know that's not his name) which overall doesn't lead to anything like another mission like sparing Brian and various IV characters did.

It was too over the top too.

And I didn't like anybody except for Yusuf. Luis' friends were even more dumb than Wade, they knew how to handle themselves sure but they would be in jail or worse without Luis.

Luis' thing with EVERY f*cking girl wanting in his god damn pants was just annoying.

And it was hard to get invested with the characters compared to IV and TLAD, I grew to care for Niko and Johnny...

• B Dawg and jaljax like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Aint it just beautiful? Someone wrote this thread in the San Andreas forum..

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069875484

Worth a look I reckon.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

TBoGT

And it also made Bulgarin a joke.... when you met the guy in IV for the first time you think 'Oh sh*t, that guy must be the main antagonist!' and he has threatening vibes about him... then you play TBoGT and he's playing air guitar and just doesn't seem as big a threat before. He says the FA word, big whoop! To make things worse, he was Niko's enemy.... not Luis'. Niko should have been the one to end Bulgarin, Luis could have had his own original villain like Johnny had Billy.

Ray and Rocco I don't mind other characters killing them, but Bulgarin should have been Niko's kill.

TBoGT was too cheery, sunshine and rainbows... Luis didn't lose anybody he cared about, there were no choices in his story apart from sparing Zuko(I know that's not his name) which overall doesn't lead to anything like another mission like sparing Brian and various IV characters did.

And I didn't like anybody except for Yusuf. Luis' friends were even more dumb than Wade, they knew how to handle themselves sure but they would be in jail or worse without Luis.

Luis' thing with EVERY f*cking girl wanting in his god damn pants was just annoying.

And it was hard to get invested with the characters compared to IV and TLAD, I grew to care for Niko and Johnny...

But.... it's Luis mane!  

JamesTheCat
  • JamesTheCat

Abandoned a/c

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

V. Story is like 5/10. That's because of one thing. The story looks unreal. No one dies and the 3 characters just detroys anyone standing in their way with 0 issues. The third way mission is a good example for that. Plus the Brad's storyline could have been improved a lot.

About SA, It feels like there are more than one stories, Which distracts the player from understanding the main  one.

To me the best GTA story is GTA IV. Very realistic and believable.

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

Insert some pretentious crap about myself here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

TBoGT

It's all opinions but the reason why I like TBOGT storyline is because it shows a different side of LC, a different perspective than that of IV and TLAD, I don't like IV's story all that much, it's okay but it's certainly not the best to me, I think the VCS one is way better.

with that being said and to answer the topic question, I hate LCS's storyline, pretty uninteresting to me, nothing memorable about it.

I agree with most of the people here saying V's storyline was "meh" I also agree on some of the reasons like the fact that Franklin was pretty underdeveloped as a character and few other things, it seems as if the story writing was random, more like "and then this happens, then we add that, then maybe this will happen" instead of forming a connected storyline with well written characters.

PS: Excuse my terrible English.

• Jeansowaty likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by GTA-Biker, 2 weeks ago.

IMO it's GTA 5.Michael's part of the story is boring (who would find playing as a retired middle aged man with an obnoxious family interesting?), Franklin's part starts off ok,but gets boring after he moves to his new house (at that point he's just there to be a third wheel for Michael and Trevor), and Trevor's part ruined GTA TLAD characters in an attempt to make Trevor look badass.And it gets even worse when the FIB gets involved.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

V.

It starts fine with Franklin, I remember that "employee of da month" scene, it looked like the game was going to be kinda IV-style with less darkness and more humour, focused in the development of good characters like Simeon, while doing fun missions and seeing the evolution of the storyline in an enjoyable way... how wrong I was.

All of a sudden you are high shooting clowns, seeing Jimmy "tea-bagging" a hired gun, kidnapping and falling in love with a 60-year old woman, spending time with an annoying family, seeing the whiny Trevor taking down The Lost, Hipsters, Ballas, and the f'n US Army by himself, not to mention the story full of nonsensical morons (Wade, Wade cousin, the anal-fetish yoga instructor, the FIB a-holes, Marie Ann, Nervous Ron) and the worst enemies ever: Chinesse mob, Stretch (this dude appears like 2 times in the entire game wtf) and Devin Weston.

While this nonsense was happening, interesting plots were wasted full time... The gang rivalry (more missions with Franklin and Lamar hitting the Ballas), Martin Madrazo drug lord (being Madrazo's bitch for a couple of missions until you kill him or something), even the FIB plot in a more serious approach.

• theGTAking101 likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by jaljax, A week ago.

Both V & SA are getting sh*t on lol , i can see the point though

As i've mentioned a while ago in the topic that Gta SA story was all over the place and made no sense what so ever after Green Sabre 

Gta V on the other hand just lack's everything including Online ... Doesn't feel anything like a Gta game because the story was just lame 

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

GTA San Andreas was basically Mindf*ck: The Video Game.

• jaljax likes this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

i think vice city stories

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

As much as I love GTA San Andreas, I'm afraid I have to admit that its storyline was weak. When you look past the length and gameplay, the storyline has pretty much lost its cohesion after you leave Los Santos. I mean it just feels more like a bunch of different stories crammed into one film, and to be honest, most of the characters outside of LS (apart from Woozie and Toreno) were filler characters added in just to advance the plot since they had no real purpose of the whole plot. Not as bad as V, but it was still pretty tacky.

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Efreet, 6 days ago.

Grand Theft Auto V

It was the least mainline Grand Theft Auto story I found myself invested in. The first part of the game when each protagonist was minding his own business, Michael with his family, Franklin doing various missions to earn a living and Trevor battling again business rivals in the desert was entertaining. It was fun to see the world from three completely different perspectives, but when the three grouped together and became puppets to satirical government agents, the game became way less interesting and the dialogue turned into overly satirical and dumb conversations to listen to. 

• Algonquin Assassin and Tycek like this

NikoB.IV
  • NikoB.IV

NB VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

v and 3

v because it was very easy

3 because claude didnt talk and RAGE GAME!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users