10,961 replies to this topic
Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://www.reddit.c...ault_restocked/

MyVIP rewards were replenished. Since they're converting to M$ Rewards in June, better get in on it.

I just converted my 1k gems into 20k Microsoft reward credit

Thanks for the heads-up - turns out I had enough to convert into 10k of credit, which'll cover one of the Saints Row 2 DLC packs. And I didn't realise I'd actually already picked-up SR2 at some point (either during a sale or as a GWG freebie), so I only need to buy one of the DLC packs with actual money. :)

Moral of the story: if there's a game going cheap (or better yet, free) for 360 that you like, and it isn't currently backwards-compatible, pick it up anyway - because it's good to have in your library in general, and particularly in the event that MS gives it the b-c treatment.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Still waiting for Max Payne 3 to become BC. I don't care about anything else then R*’s greatest games from the last 10 years will be complete. 

• robotman5 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

Why not the whole trilogy, now that Original Xbox games are available?
  • robotman5 likes this

trip
  • trip

😺

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

That would be fun.

Max Payne didn't really do it for me back when. MP3 was the first one I played on a console and I totally enjoyed it. Must have played it through at least 3 times.

I didn't complete the first MP game until it was released on mobile like 2 years ago.

I remember bailing out on MP2 early into the game. I have a good excuse though. Back during that time and my ultra heavy PC gaming days I was big on "sampling" retail releases.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted A week ago

The Max Payne trilogy is one of my favourite game series of all time. I loved everything from the revenge story, atmospheric setting, (I’m from U.K., and was young when I first played MP1 - which is set in New York I believe?) great gameplay and I loved the comic book style cutscenes, something I wish MP3 had, still doesn’t make MP3 a bad game, I think you need to give MP2 a chance, it was a great sequel in my eyes, some people think it fell short.

I’d love to see all three Max Payne games become backwards compatible.

TheDudeAbides
  • TheDudeAbides

Everyone's Favorite Hippie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So, I'm thinking about getting a Xbox One Slim STRICTLY for the backwards compatibility feature. I want to know if it is worth it?, or should I get the 360 slim I've been looking at for awhile.
Disclaimer:I do own a ps4, but I want to play older games but my ps3 is garbage.

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

Fight Night Champion is finally BC. Now all boxing fans can play at least something on One. Yeah!

• Jonesizzle and Stormingz like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

So, I'm thinking about getting a Xbox One Slim STRICTLY for the backwards compatibility feature. I want to know if it is worth it?, or should I get the 360 slim I've been looking at for awhile.
Disclaimer:I do own a ps4, but I want to play older games but my ps3 is garbage.

Xbox One S is pretty inexpensive, plus you get 4K blu ray and streaming capabilities. And you get Current Gen games.
  • trip, robotman5 and TheDudeAbides like this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted A week ago

Fight Night Champion is finally BC. Now all boxing fans can play at least something on One. Yeah!

I put hours into the career mode of Fight Night Champion, even the story was half decent, If not cliche. I need to dig out my disc in the morning.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hahaha

So basically I had a pre-order DLC for a recent game in my case, despite me not pre-ordering it...

However, since I own the Season Pass I technically already have it due to the Care Package DLC. So the code's basically useless to me.

If anyone is interested in the Doomsday Prepper pack for Far Cry 5 then let me know, first to ask for it gets it. Otherwise it'll just sit in the case and never get used lol

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A day ago

https://www.facebook...156546438261803

So many people are getting butthurt that it's the 'xbox' design lol

For one, it's the most preferred/used controller and two, it's the most ergonomically designed one.

• trip and LittleBlueTroll like this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted A day ago

Surely them buttons on the side must be awkward to use? They would need to be able to push in really easily with the underside of your finger as it wraps around to the triggers, to make them of any use. I would rather just use the paddles than side buttons. 

I have the Xbox One Elite Controller and the paddles are a god send in some online games, never needed anything else. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users