Official Xbox One Topic

10,918 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

I do and I am pissed every month, because trip always has to take top spot. Do you even have a life man?

To be completely honest I don't care that much about the monthly leaderboard, but it always nice to see myself near the top. I don't fight for this position however, but enjoy my gaming time.

• trip likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

I've tried Unity twice...maybe three times. Good honest attempts. I'll give it another go.

Real question(has to do with achievements):
Do you folks pay attention to the monthly achievement leader board?

I don't obsess over it or anything but I do check it (nearly) daily and enjoy when I'm in the top 3 of friends.

Haha, I'm trying to beat you this month Trip!!!!

I'm in second place currently.
  • trip likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

I do glance every now and again, but dont stress if I am not a leader.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

This is the first time I actually fought to get in the top 3. In sitting at 2. Well...i didn't really 'fight', I just realized an episode of Guardians of the Galaxy would give me some points. Jinkies, I love that game.

I've never ever ever seeked out any achievement. I just play games straight through how I want and whatever I get I get.

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

☆ (◕‿◕) ★

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

I've tried Unity twice...maybe three times. Good honest attempts. I'll give it another go.

Real question(has to do with achievements):
Do you folks pay attention to the monthly achievement leader board?

I don't obsess over it or anything but I do check it (nearly) daily and enjoy when I'm in the top 3 of friends.

Nah I stopped caring for achievements years ago, and can't really compete when I'm on Rainbow Six Siege so much, which I can't really even get any more achievements for haha through competitive play.

Funny when Xbox puts a snippet of it on my main screen, trying to get me to check it out.  I don't want to, dammit!

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

The only time I topped the Achievement leaderboard was when I 100%'d Forza Horizon 3. Beat second place by over a thousand GS.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

I do glance every now and again, but dont stress if I am not a leader.

Bastard. D)
gSMkQ9z.jpg
  • Tech-Noir likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:11 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 31 December 2017 - 06:04 AM.

I have been playing a lot of games in my free time. Finished up ACO, got Battlefront 2, got gamepass so Im playing Resident Evil 0, finally got Return to Arkham, and the new Telltale Batman episode came out early in the month.

Edit: and I got 200 more points since then.

Anyway, I have this strong urge to buy digital versions of games I have physical copies of. I only have five physical Xbox One games. But Fallout 4 and Arkham Knight are on sale. I have them, but am I willing to pay for the luxury of not getting up to put them in my console?
  • trip, JON22 and Tech-Noir like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

At least owning physical copies take less hard drive space up. One of the reasons I still prefer physical copies, saves on needing worry too much when a game takes up bunch of space, like 80GB+ or something. *coughESOcough*

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

☆ (◕‿◕) ★

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Gotta have that external hard drive to eliminate all your worries.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

I could never go back to physical copies. Seems so primitive.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

The last year, I really embraced it, just because I got really busy with my new job, and weird hours meant I didnt have as much time to go to a store for a special trip for a game.

That, and with Xbox One X being Xboxs New model, where there isnt really new consoles, just more powerful versions of the same console, where games never really become incompatible, I feel more comfortable buying digital games. Theres a few 360 games I own, still not BC, and Im bummed about that.

I just hate the idea of not having a physical copy of something I own. Do I really even own it then?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

https://www.polygon....roduction-ended

How stupid, they couldv'e just offer the one's with OG X1's the adapter when they upgraded to the X.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:02 AM

Do games install faster on the Xbox One X?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

Probably, I do digital so I wouldn't know. :p

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

https://gamingbolt.c...rated-in-brazil

Forza Horizon 4 has just been rated for a 2018 release in Brazil. After the massive success of FH3, it shouldn't be a surprise we're getting a sequel. I'm crossing my fingers for Japan!

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

https://gamingbolt.c...rated-in-brazil

Forza Horizon 4 has just been rated for a 2018 release in Brazil. After the massive success of FH3, it shouldn't be a surprise we're getting a sequel. I'm crossing my fingers for Japan!

A lot of leaks has appeared online about numerous Xbox exclusives releasing this year or the next.....

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

No more Gamefly? :D

I love digital. The problem is I drink at night and I seemed to have learned a bad habit from my father(aside from night drinks).

My dad would buy all the sh*t from late night TV infomercials (before there was an internet). The best story is him saying "so I get home and there is a package that I don't remember ordering. It is an attachment for a weed wacker. I dont own a weed wacker".

Me...I tend to buy games off the Xbox store at night. Tons of sh*t I don't need. I came 'this close' to spending real money on farm simulator 2017 lastnight.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

As I have said, I am going more digital.

But I found Rise of the Tomb Raider at Target for $6.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

No more Gamefly? :D

I love digital. The problem is I drink at night and I seemed to have learned a bad habit from my father(aside from night drinks).

My dad would buy all the sh*t from late night TV infomercials (before there was an internet). The best story is him saying "so I get home and there is a package that I don't remember ordering. It is an attachment for a weed wacker. I dont own a weed wacker".

Me...I tend to buy games off the Xbox store at night. Tons of sh*t I don't need. I came 'this close' to spending real money on farm simulator 2017 lastnight.

Yea, but nothing to rent since there hasn't been anything good lately. lol

Plus if it's a game that would be played for a long time, just end up buying it anyways.

• darthYENIK and trip like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

I gave up on gamefly a year or so ago, during a similar drought of gaming. Just couldn't justify spending that kind of money to rent games I can just buy for the same amount.

The good thing about Gamefly, really, is the prices. "Rent" a game, and if you keep it, even if it's brand new and you're the first person to play it, you get a decent discount. It's still offset by the subscription cost, though.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

Wishlist for Forza Horizon 4 given the recent leaks of its existence and such. I'd post a topic about it but I don't want it getting locked again for "insufficient information".

Locations

Japan

I know some people don't think Japan would work as a setting, but there are a wide variety of environments that would match up with the Horizon tradition. Especially since all the leaks and rumors so far have pointed to Japan being the setting of FH4. There would be plenty of urban areas in Japan, but also small towns (think like Byron Bay in FH3). Japan, being a mountainous country, would have plenty of opportunities for off-roading as well as the legendary tōge mountain passes. The Bayshore Expressway would provide a "highway" zone for high-speed driving, and there are many areas of open farmland for more free-form off-road driving as well. The only kind of environment Japan wouldn't really offer is a desert, but Horizon 2 didn't really have a true desert area either so it's give or take. Basically, FH3 emphasizes its off-road driving while FH4 would like place emphasis on the on-road. It would balance out.

Gameplay

Given this setting, there should be drift competitions as part of the main campaign, as opposed to just skill challenges. If tōge sections are included, they should also have a cat-and-mouse mode to reflect the mountain pass racing style. As for Showcase events, they could have a race against a bullet train as one of them.

Content

As for content, there should be an even bigger emphasis on vehicle customization. The setting being Japan, we should have a wider variety of wheels and body kits available to stay true to its car culture. Additionally, we should also have a large selection of Japanese vehicles, much like how Australia expanded on the Aussie selection. One class of vehicle that I'd like to see represented are Kei cars, also known as light automobiles. A common sight in Japan but never seen outside of it, this would be a perfect opportunity to shed light on an aspect of their culture. Not to mention they would probably be very fun to modify and compare in scale to the larger cars.

Music

Horizon has always had an emphasis on music and this won't be an exception. As for what kind of music I'd like to see, there should be a mix of western and eastern artists, similar to how Japan's festivals such as Fuji Rock prominently feature both. I know that would be a lot to balance out, so I'll give a list of what I'd like to see. Preferably, the eastern and western should be on separate stations so those wanting one won't end up with the other. Also, I'd like the return of a dedicated not-label rock station like XS, as I found the rock selection to punk/-core oriented in FH3.

Twelve stations would be nice if they can afford it:

Horizon Pulse - Indie/Pop

Horizon Bass Arena - House/EDM

Horizon XS - Rock

Horizon Block Party - Hip-Hop

Hospital Records Radio - DnB

Roadrunner Records Radio - Hard Rock/Metal

Blue Note Radio - Jazz

Fuji Synth - Japanese Pop/Electronic

Fuji Rock - Japanese Rock/Metal

Fuji Beat - Eurobeat

Timeless - Classical Music

Shibui - Traditional Japanese Music

Also, on the topic of music, please let us use the newly-partnered Spotify to put our own music in the game. Since they killed off Groove we don't have a way to listen to our own custom tunes.

Barn Finds

Some barn finds could be discovered hidden in urban locations, such as junkyards, in addition to the more traditional wilderness locations. Barn Finds could include a mixture of old and new cars, featuring both classic JDM but also imports from Europe and the United States and snide movie and manga references. The 1966 Silvia, the Kenmeri Skyline, a Mustang Fastback, a Porsche 964, a 280Z, a Mazda Roadpacer, a Daihatsu Midget, and a DOME Zero would be good examples of Barn Finds that would fit the Japan setting.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Oh, also I came across a leak for future Xbox One games we'll likely be seeing soon. Take it with a grain of salt and all, but...

https://www.resetera...42#post-2789084

https://www.reddit.c...ect_dark_forza/

- New Fable
- New 3rd-Person Perfect Dark
- Crackdown 3 set for 2018
- Forza Horizon 4 set in Japan
- Halo with Battlegrounds mode
- MechAssault reboot
- And more

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Forza set in Japan is "leaked" every year. It's a meme at this point...

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Except this person leaked E3 2016 and was right about it. I'd say this is something to consider.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Except this person leaked E3 2016 and was right about it. I'd say this is something to consider.
Doesn't make it any less of a joke. This same "leak" has been happening since before FH2 dropped. Will it happen? Maybe, eventually. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

Doesn't make it any less of a joke. This same "leak" has been happening since before FH2 dropped. Will it happen? Maybe, eventually. But I'm not holding my breath.

Where else do you think FH4 will be? We've already done North America, Europe, and Australia so Asia seems like the next step. Especially considering the massive car culture in Japan.

• Tech-Noir likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Where else do you think FH4 will be? We've already done North America, Europe, and Australia so Asia seems like the next step. Especially considering the massive car culture in Japan.
Could easily be in Africa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Oh, also I came across a leak for future Xbox One games we'll likely be seeing soon. Take it with a grain of salt and all, but...

https://www.resetera...42#post-2789084

https://www.reddit.c...ect_dark_forza/

- New Fable
- New 3rd-Person Perfect Dark
- Crackdown 3 set for 2018
- Forza Horizon 4 set in Japan
- Halo with Battlegrounds mode
- MechAssault reboot
- And more

I'll pick up Halo 6 since I own all of them, but I was really let down with the story of Halo 5, so let's hope they're taking the additional time to really knock the story out of the park. The other rumor exclusives I couldn't care less about. I really want Microsoft to get some mature/adult single player focused/only exclusives, you know... the type of games that Playstation has a ton of for their own exclusives? Enough of this family/kid friendly exclusives crap...

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

I was thinking, what happened to being able to use tablets/phones for extra use in games? Remember the Division was gonna have it but canned it.

They should do it more. Especially games with maps, it would be nice to have it on mobile and remove it from the screen and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users