Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you have liked to seen new PvE missions included with Smugglers run?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you liked to have seen PvE missions with Smugglers run? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

PvE mission from the hangar?

1. Yes (68 votes [91.89%])

Percentage of vote: 91.89%

2. No (6 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

GRAB A PITCHFORK, LADS!

Nah but seriously, voting no for something that, in my opinion, doesn't detract from the actual experience (actually enhances it, at least for me) then that's like refusing something free. Everyone loves free stuff.

Pretty much. It's not like adding new pve content is taking away from what they normally do or anything. It's just adding more things to and more ways to make money in this game. Unless of course some people hate pve content which is (kind of?) understandable too.

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Unequivocally YES. I'm down for PVP stuff in free roam, sure, but the IE and GR PVE stuff was fun. That's what was missing from SR: FUN.
  • junior731657, Rafae and Maxx1013 like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just want a reason to utilize my getaway
driver skills
  • R3CON and PaeganLoveSong like this

LarcenousUrsine
  • LarcenousUrsine

Heists Pt.2 Are A Unicorn

• Van Society
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes, I would love to. These are fun with the right team, and one tailor-made mission will always be better for showcasing the transport than any stinking AM or a bunch of mass-produced "go here, bomb this, do stunts wherever, shoot some generic cargo plane" missions.

Would like to make a concept for some of these missions one day, even though they will never come to life. Maybe tie them into one big campaign, then put it on the forums.

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes. Always yes. I'd much rather they were obsessed with adding new missions instead of adversary modes.

While the adversary modes can be fun with friends, playing them with randoms often leads to being left on a team on your own lol... someone complained (on youtube I think) that adding new PvE missions, particularly new heists would cause long loading times, but so do adversary modes & they keep cranking them out one after another, I personally can put up with the loading times.... (I used to play the C64 stuff) they could just as easily add PvE missions & they don't have to be new heists.. :)

As for the loading times.. they seem to be less if you start them from an invite only session with friends, which is what I & many more do these days..
Even with friends or a crew they can suck, noting can make rhino hunt good....
  • junior731657 likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes. Always yes. I'd much rather they were obsessed with adding new missions instead of adversary modes.

While the adversary modes can be fun with friends, playing them with randoms often leads to being left on a team on your own lol... someone complained (on youtube I think) that adding new PvE missions, particularly new heists would cause long loading times, but so do adversary modes & they keep cranking them out one after another, I personally can put up with the loading times.... (I used to play the C64 stuff) they could just as easily add PvE missions & they don't have to be new heists.. :)

As for the loading times.. they seem to be less if you start them from an invite only session with friends, which is what I & many more do these days..

Was it the you tuber Gypsy? That dude is always whining and moaning about everything

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes, I would love to. These are fun with the right team, and one tailor-made mission will always be better for showcasing the transport than any stinking AM or a bunch of mass-produced "go here, bomb this, do stunts wherever, shoot some generic cargo plane" missions.

Would like to make a concept for some of these missions one day, even though they will never come to life. Maybe tie them into one big campaign, then put it on the forums.

I'm pretty sure R* sneak about on these forums, while it may be a pipedream... something may click in their money obessed heads ;)

I say go for it!

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes. A thousand times yes. Heists have been reduced to an outright pain in the ass (unless you're with friends/vets/etc,). Same with contact missions.

• Amy Vinewood likes this

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

You don't just turn off the 80's

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes. A thousand times yes. Heists have been reduced to an outright pain in the ass (unless you're with friends/vets/etc,). Same with contact missions.

When you're on the 5th restart because someone chose to be fashionable instead of wearing heavy armor and surviving - that's exactly how I'd describe that experience. An outright pain in the ass, lol.
  • hotrats773, Perez84, HARBUJAHN and 4 others like this

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

These computer accessed missions are the adversary modes of pve. Play em once and move on to better things.
Not in favor of adding pve missions to the hangar. Waste of coding.
New heists and contact missions though...

ShimmerDoll
  • ShimmerDoll

Bird of Prey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

if it's also playable Invite/crew friends only. That's after they return the money they stole.

• The-Irish-Hunter, Happy Hunter and Hécate-II like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Could they be done solo?

• Maxx1013 and The-Irish-Hunter like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:540__K/D:17.49 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

As much as i love the free roam carnage from players getting in the way of my guns :) 

More missions are definitely needed. Hopefully the next dlc has fun things to do 

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm like 99% sure DemonicSpaceman voted no just going off the nature of his post alone and his affinity for profit for everything that gets added to this game lol

Indeed I did, but so have 3 others (as I write this).

I voted no because I wouldn't be satisfied with more crappy special vehicle missions that require spending millions to access. I want more contact missions.

Adding special missions would be a band aid fix to the lack of PvE problem. I don't want a band aid fix nor do I think it would be a good idea.

GRAB A PITCHFORK, LADS!

Nah but seriously, voting no for something that, in my opinion, doesn't detract from the actual experience (actually enhances it, at least for me) then that's like refusing something free. Everyone loves free stuff.

Pretty much. It's not like adding new pve content is taking away from what they normally do or anything. It's just adding more things to and more ways to make money in this game. Unless of course some people hate pve content which is (kind of?) understandable too.

It would be a band aid fix, it would tide over some players but is not the solution that's needed.

We need more contact missions and the creator unlocked. We need more heists. We need more, better, PvE game types. Adding what's been proposed would be like Rockstar saying "OK here's your PvE fix for another 3 years" and then ignoring it again. That wont do. That will take away any future PvE. So no, a million times no, I don't want more sh*t I want better.
  • junior731657 likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I would rather had to complete special missions to unlock the discounts that having to complete up to 42 crate steals to unlock them.

Even when both Special Vehicle Work and Mobile Operations were a "one and done" kind of thing, they were a breath of fresh breath among all the PvP.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

-available from invite-only
-and not separate game mode(like MOC missions and IE Special vehicles)

I find the MOC missions way too basic and too much restrictive(because separate game mode).

Something similar to VIP jobs/MC contracts would be good. No loading screens, decent payouts(16-25-35k) and use anything you want to fulfil your objective.

In my opinion MC contracts are still the best quality contents after heists and contact missions. I wish SecuroServ could get more contents of this type. Something more immersive than kill NPC/steal the stupid vehicle/kill moar waves of NPC with the stupid vehicle[insert flying bike, flying car, flying thermonuclear skateboard, whatever will be released].
  • dead goon and Rafae like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

How many play SV work or MOC work though?

I tried a few weeks back for some special vehicle work, nothing. The same for MOC ones, I noticed I hadn't unlocked the half track trade price so went to do it, nobody was doing it, nobody was joining.

Once done, they don't get played again. Why waste time with them? Why let Rockstar think that satisfies out PvE needs?

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

. Why waste time with them? Why let Rockstar think that satisfies out PvE needs?

phone-----> Quick Job-----> MOC missions. I played all with randoms and within 30 secondes I find a team.

Everytime I launched the job as CEO from my MOC, indeed nobody joined or it takes like 10 min to find a guy who don't even know what he joined.
  • Rafae and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Im lost, arent the collect and sale missions from Gunrunning and Smugglers Run considered Player versus Environment?  Given the fact that the lobby is notified of your activities? And AI is evolved as well? Or what's the definition you guys are going with here?

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Would love new missions but I've accepted the fact that it will never happen.

• -LN- and Hécate-II like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

. Why waste time with them? Why let Rockstar think that satisfies out PvE needs?

phone-----> Quick Job-----> MOC missions. I played all with randoms and within 30 secondes I find a team.

Everytime I launched the job as CEO from my MOC, indeed nobody joined or it takes like 10 min to find a guy who don't even know what he joined.

That didn't work for me either, looking for job for a good 10 minutes or, if it did find a job it never started.

However, do these missions really satisfy a 3 year long demand for more real PvE?

More biker contract type missions, perhaps although would require the upfront cost of a hangar and would have to revolve around the planes to make sense. A lot of players would be unable to play - especially as many would require 2 players and, if supply missions are anything to go by, put the player in crappy planes with very bad weapons to take on buzzards and jets spamming rockets and miniguns.

I really don't think Hangar, Bunker, MC, VIP etc. type missions, that we have, are the answer to our PvE needs. Adding them would pacify some and give the impression Rockstar listened to the PvE demands but still isn't what is needed.

Honestly, my opinion is we need heists and contact missions. Introduce us to more characters, the timeline was changed in Gun Running, why not give us stuff for Michael and Franklin, more with the IAA, more with Agent 14, more with Lester, new characters wouldn't be a bad thing or better yet, bring back some old ones, CJ, Big Smoke etc.

So much scope, don't settle for Rockstar giving us 8 crappy missions. We have had dribs and drabs of PvE but nothing substantial since Heists.
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE likes this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Honestly, my opinion is we need heists and contact missions. Introduce us to more characters, the timeline was changed in Gun Running, why not give us stuff for Michael and Franklin, more with the IAA, more with Agent 14, more with Lester, new characters wouldn't be a bad thing or better yet, bring back some old ones, CJ, Big Smoke etc.

Big Smoke been dead over 20 years now, not happening. But NO MORE AGENT 14, f*ck him!, I rather work for Tracey DeSanta or Jimmy, maybe Wade.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by junior731657, 3 weeks ago.

That didn't work for me either, looking for job for a good 10 minutes or, if it did find a job it never started.

However, do these missions really satisfy a 3 year long demand for more real PvE?

More biker contract type missions, perhaps although would require the upfront cost of a hangar and would have to revolve around the planes to make sense. A lot of players would be unable to play - especially as many would require 2 players and, if supply missions are anything to go by, put the player in crappy planes with very bad weapons to take on buzzards and jets spamming rockets and miniguns.

I really don't think Hangar, Bunker, MC, VIP etc. type missions, that we have, are the answer to our PvE needs. Adding them would pacify some and give the impression Rockstar listened to the PvE demands but still isn't what is needed.

So much scope, don't settle for Rockstar giving us 8 crappy missions. We have had dribs and drabs of PvE but nothing substantial since Heists.

Sooner or later.. R* have got to realise that the gauntlet run missions steal crate & return model is getting a bit samey, I'm pretty sure their devs will get bored writing them & they will want to give us something more enticing, maybe some missions with unlockables like with heists, we had both variants of the Kuruma & Insurgents & probably other stuff too I can't remember, they can encourage us to spend money & introduce fresh content at the same time, just about everyone wanted a high end apartment so they can host heists, but other than the aircraft garage & new aircraft there isn't much to it & the novelty will soon wear off with that too... Anyone felt compelled to buy a yacht lately?

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 3 weeks ago.

You would hope so, right. But then they haven't stopped releasing supercars that look marginally different, perform almost the same and cost ridiculous amounts of money...

People actually have to do the heists to unlock heist vehicles, that doesn't work for Rockstar. Everything needs to be available for all instantly, even if it means having huge costs involved (fast track research, trade prices).

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

You would hope so, right. But then they haven't stopped releasing supercars that look marginally different, perform almost the same and cost ridiculous amounts of money...

People actually have to do the heists to unlock heist vehicles, that doesn't work for Rockstar. Everything needs to be available for all instantly, even if it means having huge costs involved (fast track research, trade prices).

Well of course however, I have noticed that it seems to me that something related to SR has been on offer every week since it was released, which tells me they know they've kind of screwed up, I see very few people bothering with the source/sell missions related to it.. most people I've asked say they are not worth doing & instead do Bunker sells or Export cars to fund the new stuff, indeed there is a possibility that with them dragging their heels with the dripfeed could be buying them enough time to create something better... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.. I know they want to make money, but to make money you have to make something people want to buy into... not choke them off of it ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users