Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you be more interested in the Bombuska if we could trigger PvE missions from it?

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Would the Bombushka be more worth it if you could trigger PvE missions from it like the MOC? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

If you had more than enough money would you be more interested if it had this feature?

1. Yes (9 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (23 votes [63.89%])

Percentage of vote: 63.89%

3. Yes (but only if the price was a lot less than it is now) (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote
junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:23 PM Edited by junior731657, 23 September 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Ok so I wanted to extend on this topic as I can't help but think Smugglers run felt empty without the PvE missions, the Bombuska was dubbed "The Flying MOC" but lets face it, it's not... Now the purpose of this topic is not to bitch about the latest update or to get into the debate about people getting blown up by griefers while on supply runs.. I enjoyed (and still enjoy) the Special Vehicle missions from I/E & the MOC missions from GR... it just seems that it's something R* could have implemented & people would have enjoyed & I for one would have got myself a bombuska, but as just a simple free roam vehicle it just doesn't seem to be worth it... It's only slightly more functional that a yacht..

(Poll included)

Look forward to seeing a response & please keep it on topic :)

~John~

Edit: Just want to clarify it's not so much about the price as much as it's about the functionality... People are buying it anyway warts an'all, the question is, if price was no issue.. rather than questioning how easy it is to blow up or how expensive it is...

Edit2: Included a new quesion to include the price as many seem to be put off by that alone.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

These missions would almost definitely need multiple people, so no (for me). I'd rather they buffed it against snipers, and gave it the ability to lock a vehicle in place in the back.

I will probably still buy one at some point though, if my hangar fits it.

• Mattoropael likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

No. Missions shouldn't be hidden behind a 5 million dollar paywall. Didn't like how they did it with the MOC, wouldn't like it with the Bombushka.
  • Mattoropael, Shadowfennekin, REXX and 5 others like this

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:07 PM Edited by junior731657, 23 September 2017 - 06:09 PM.

These missions would almost definitely need multiple people, so no (for me). I'd rather they buffed it against snipers, and gave it the ability to lock a vehicle in place in the back.

Well the need for mulitiple player (up to 4) wouldn't be that much of an issue.. if you have friends online...

No. Missions shouldn't be hidden behind a 5 million dollar paywall. Didn't like how they did it with the MOC, wouldn't like it with the Bombushka.

Well I agree the price is an issue... it's just that I personally find it a tad boring & I was disapointed with the fact there are no PvE missions with Smugglers run.. just interested to see what others think.. it was as well as not instead as.. an added bonus feature like..

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

As much as I love PvE content, I actually voted no. Spending almost $6,000,000 for new missions isn't worth it.
  • ryannata likes this

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:21 PM Edited by junior731657, 23 September 2017 - 06:24 PM.

As much as I love PvE content, I actually voted no. Spending almost $6,000,000 for new missions isn't worth it.

Well the question was not so much about the price but it's functionality.. assume the price was around $2.3mil?

Just added another option in the poll

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

I've flown my bombpileofcrap one time... I flew out of the hanger... towards the city.  About 30 seconds into the flight (I had gone almost no where) a hydra put a bounty on me and blew the sh*t out of me about 5 seconds later :p

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

Well the question was not so much about the price but it's functionality.. assume the price was around $2.3mil?

I probably wouldn't. Soley because I'm still paying a considerable amount of money to access them. It was already bad enough with the MOC to be honest, although it serves more than just a few missions.

My point remains though; we shouldn't have to pay for missions when we literally have a list of over 60 and around half would most likely pay the same. They should have stuck to the Lamar layout or simply kept the missions old-school.
  • junior731657 likes this

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

I've flown my bombpileofcrap one time... I flew out of the hanger... towards the city.  About 30 seconds into the flight (I had gone almost no where) a hydra put a bounty on me and blew the sh*t out of me about 5 seconds later :p

That is another issue.. but there are many other topics about how slow it is... My next poll question will be more direct I think, many seem to be missing the purpose of this thread... I know it's slow, I know it's expensive, I know it's easy for a Call 'O Duty player to blow up.. I know all that.. I was just thinking they could have made the SR update more interesting by implementing PvE missions via this.... Mach1Bud is seems to be the only one who have answered the question..

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

The thing is you call a mission from it you have to be in it.. and right there is the problem because who wants to be in it... Honestly I don't think I'll ever fly it again. Even if it did something useful.

• junior731657 likes this

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I probably wouldn't. Soley because I'm still paying a considerable amount of money to access them. It was already bad enough with the MOC to be honest, although it serves more than just a few missions.

My point remains though; we shouldn't have to pay for missions when we literally have a list of over 60 and around half would most likely pay the same. They should have stuck to the Lamar layout or simply kept the missions old-school.

Well I hear you on that one.. why they didn't implement PvE mission in the first place I don't know.. they could have easliy done it whereby you have to unlock them by doing a certain amount of supply runs, then unlock the aircraft discounts by doing the PvE missions where said aircrafts were featured...

The thing is you call a mission from it you have to be in it.. and right there is the problem because who wants to be in it... Honestly I don't think I'll ever fly it again. Even if it did something useful.

Not looking good for the bombushka lol... Just a Soviet themed Titan lol.. even comes with a patched back door that only a modder can open.. Ok, I'll make sure my next poll questions are more direct...

• REXX likes this

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:39 PM Edited by wehweh01, 23 September 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Dude if only you could also be classy and eject from the plane with the loaded vehicle inside. Personally, I'd load a tank in it. R* need to think this over...

• junior731657 and Happy Hunter like this

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Dude if only you could also be classy and eject from the plane with the loaded vehicle inside. Personally, I'd load a tank in it. R* need to think this over...

Now that would be awesome... sadly though.. R* logic.. the back doors on the Bombushka, Titan & Cargobob are for cinematic purposes only... & of course the few privileged NPCs XD

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

f*ck no. It's a 6 million dollar plane.

Well at least it wasn't that pricey. And it has other uses like Haulage benefits and allows you to top off on special ammo wherever you want instead of going out of your way up north to do so.

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

I thought the guy who leaks said it was the MOC for the sky.

Misleading.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

I would like if It was functionnal like a MOC, transport ground vehicles, open back doors allowed in every free-roam mission ...etc, so it could be used to make other businesses more efficient thanks a better logistic.

PvE specific missions with fully scripted vehicles don't interest me. I want functionnal stuff in free-roam.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

If it was a fun mission, but I don't see that happening. They would lock it behide ,you need this many in your grp to play or so many in the lobby to start it up.
And as it is I think half the player population is sick of public sessions.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

I thought the guy who leaks said it was the MOC for the sky.

Misleading.

I know... that was what put me off it... I ended up getting a Buzzard instead... I spent a fraction of the money & got a faster aircraft at the same time.. which can also spawn instantly for free without the $23,000 charge :D

I thought wow cool.. Air MOC I like the sound of that.. I'll put up with the cost.. Atleast I'll have some missions to play with friends.. but due to the power of R* logic.. it wasn't to happen.. I said this wasn't mean't to be a bitching topic.. but I've caved it XD

I'm taking it as read, that the Bombuska is pretty much a flying Wastelander.. rather than a flying MOC XD

~John~

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

I was just disappointed that we didn't get new vip missions for those new aircrafts

Something similar to headhunt would be perfect for Bombuska or Hunter. Destroying tugboats and titans for 30k or something like that. 

We rly need more freeroam activities 

• Silencer555 and Lupo-Akane like this

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

I was just disappointed that we didn't get new vip missions for those new aircrafts

Something similar to headhunt would be perfect for Bombuska or Hunter. Destroying tugboats and titans for 30k or something like that. 

I thought I was the only one who wanted more VIP jobs for these vehicles. It pretty much gave me an ever better reason to own a specific vehicle. 

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

I'd like to see it in action against AI. But still i don't want to buy it (even if it was cheaper).

• ryannata likes this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Trick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

We need a vip mission for it else the plane is useless. Bought it upgraded it and did fly it only once because what`s the point? It really sucks we can`t put a vehicle in it would love to transport the Boxville with it the one of the biker resupply mission from Humane Labs.

I mean it`s simple they could just make a mission where you have to survive in it for 10 minutes while npc controlled buzzards or whatever try to shoot you down the payout should be the same like the Boxville mission what is it 35k? Im not sure. Rockstar would probably only need 5 minutes to create this mission... 

• Piro likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Air Mercenary Contractor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

No. It needs a MAJOR BUFF. End of story.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

those moc missions are stupid. too much loading.

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

As much as I would love new PvE missions I voted no.

I voted no as I was fully aware that the Bombushka would be a 4.4m novelty item for me as a lone wolf and I was already interested enough to spend the money on such a novelty item.

I also don't like missions being locked behind paywalls. If a car/gun/whatever is locked behind a paywall I can decide if I want it enough to get past the paywall, even though I don't particularly like that system. But I think locking actual gameplay behind a vehicle purchase is a step too far.
  • ryannata likes this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

It was stupid to activate the missions through the MOC, it could be done perfectly with the bunker, or with the office computer.

NO MORE SUPPLY MISSIONS AND CONTACT MISSIONS. MORE VIP/MC WORK!!!

• ALifeOfMisery and ryannata like this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Trick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

I created a topic/thread Upvote please if you want. And maybe add more ideas for missions.

https://support.rock...s-for-Missions-

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, I'm not gonna spend millions,of dollars on a hangar, then do like 30 SR source missions, then spend another 4 million or so on a useless bomber that I'll only use once in a while, for pve missions that I'll probably only do once.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Special Vehicle missions were even worse.

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

Tell me about it, what a waste....then we have the ones that are locked away cause you need members or be in a public lobby with one other to play.

Would been nice to have a CEO job with with the molotov, go out and shoot down transport or other jets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users