GTA SA San Fierro Hills Race Help

4 replies to this topic
YOUseeWerWerYouWerWer
  • YOUseeWerWerYouWerWer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'VE played GTA sa for more than a year now and loved it. Now I am a race fanatic and a car enthusiast, my favourite car being the Pheonix, modeled after the Firebird Trans AM (unironically my favourite car). Surprise surprise, naturally my favourite race would be San Fierro hills.

So Ive raced multiple times over and over achieving a timing I thought would be incomparable, unmatched, unrivalled. A timing of 4 mins and 18 seconds. Full of pride I went to search if there was a timing that could equal, if not demolish mine. And boom, like hitting me with a brick, there is this youtube video of a guy with a timing of 3 mins 53 seconds. He played on the IOS. Not only that, in this very forum, a guy by the name of Small fry had a timing of 4mins 10 seconds. Now, considering that I am a rookie racer and all three of us played on different platforms, I need to ask if there is anyone, just anyone who can teach me how to race 'properly' and truly attain a score unmatched (or words to add to the effect). To think that there are people who beat me in my favourite car...

This is my first time in GTA forums so... yup
  • miserkatulle likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by lil weasel, 3 weeks ago.

San Fierro Hills:
http://gtaforums.com...hl=+hills +race
San Andreas Record Book 2.0
1. 3:57 darles92 vid
2. 3:58 major underscore pic
3. 4:03 !!GameCH33TA!! pic
3. 4:03 fnxrak vid

** San Andreas World Records

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 3 weeks ago.

I'm not sure how applicable it is to San Andreas - much less in the hills where there's a lot of winding turns and not too many straights - but you should check out Broughy1322's racing tutorial series on YouTube: link.

YOUseeWerWerYouWerWer
  • YOUseeWerWerYouWerWer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure how applicable it is to San Andreas - much less in the hills where there's a lot of winding turns and not too many straights - but you should check out Broughy1322's racing tutorial series on YouTube: link.

Ive no idea who you are... but... ive finally trashed smallfrys timing at 4 min 8 seconds. It is all thanks to you and your video.

I was clouded by the illusion that i would not be able to beat a score of 4 min 10 seconds. Apparently it's possible. Small fry had been a competition. Now his score has been wiped. Im on my way to the big league on the forum. My goal would be 4 min 3 seconds and below. Again its all thanks to you.

Just wondering, isit me or the video proofs in san fierro hills category seems very odd. The cars doesnt lose power uphil?
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just wondering, isit me or the video proofs in san fierro hills category seems very odd. The cars doesnt lose power uphil?

This might be something to do with the frame limiter. The frame limiter wildly affects physics when disabled. It should be enabled for everything to run properly, however there are some advantages to running at above 25-26 FPS (limited FPS).

Test it yourself: Go to the bottom of a hill and line yourself up perfectly, and do a series of 10 or so tests with the frame limiter disabled. Calculate the average time it takes for the car to reach the top of the hill. Then do the same thing with the frame limiter enabled. Remember to minimise the amount of variables in the tests; undamaged vehicle, the same vehicle, going as straight as you can, no keypresses other than W, etc.

However, also keep in mind that a lot of people consider disabling the frame limiter to be "illegitimate", and will not accept your time onto any leaderboards (e.g. the "Record Book" on these forums). I am included in this majority. Personally, I believe the frame limiter should be enabled at all times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users