Photo

Dual GTA V Directory Help

4 replies to this topic
McIn Tyler
  • McIn Tyler

Been A While

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by McIn Tyler, 4 weeks ago.

Hello, I'm trying to setup dual directories for GTA V. One for modding, and one for Online. I have the steam version. I've got the original file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V

For the batch files of the "vanilla" and "modded" versions I got on my second hard drive with the volume "D:\"

This case it's "D:\GTA V Modded" and "D:\Grand Theft Auto V Vanilla"

I ran the GTAV-bat files to switch to online. but when I go ahead and run as an administrator, it gives me the "C:\Windows\system32>mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "D:\Grand Theft Auto V Modded"

Cannot create a file when that file already exists," when I go to run "Switch to modded version. And when I try to run the batch file for Vanilla, it shows:

"C:\Windows\system32>mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "D:\Grand Theft Auto V Vanilla"
Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

If someone could please help me with this, that'd be awesome. I'd love to get playing online in a different directory and same for the modding. 

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Directory junctions probably aren't what you're looking for here. Personally, I would make the script rename the first folder to a temporary placeholder name, and rename the second folder to the old name of the first folder (effectively switching their names around).

Regardless, I'm not sure how good of an idea this is, since nobody truly knows how the anti-cheat system for Online works. There might be more things the system "checks" for mods, such as your settings files and registry keys and whatnot, which mods certainly have the capability of editing.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm trying to setup dual directories for GTA V. One for modding, and one for Online. I have the steam version. I've got the original file:

For the batch files of the "vanilla" and "modded" versions I got on my second hard drive with the volume "D:\"

I ran the GTAV-bat files to switch to online. but when I go ahead and run as an administrator, it gives me the "C:\Windows\system32>mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "D:\Grand Theft Auto V Modded"

Cannot create a file when that file already exists," when I go to run "Switch to modded version. And when I try to run the batch file for Vanilla, it shows:

"C:\Windows\system32>mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "D:\Grand Theft Auto V Vanilla"

If someone could please help me with this, that'd be awesome. I'd love to get playing online in a different directory and same for the modding. 

There is NO need for this just simply make a second folder and copy the CLEAN files into the new folder so when you want to go online you just delete all the files in your directory and then copy and paste the clean files into your directory

McIn Tyler
  • McIn Tyler

Been A While

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is NO need for this just simply make a second folder and copy the CLEAN files into the new folder so when you want to go online you just delete all the files in your directory and then copy and paste the clean

files into your directory

Ok, so I go to GTA Online after I paste everything into second folder without modding it right? And when I'm online I then delete everything in the steamapps folder? 

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is NO need for this just simply make a second folder and copy the CLEAN files into the new folder so when you want to go online you just delete all the files in your directory and then copy and paste the clean
files into your directory

Ok, so I go to GTA Online after I paste everything into second folder without modding it right? And when I'm online I then delete everything in the steamapps folder? 

Right you DELETE EVERYTHING in the modded directory then you copypasta the clean files into the directory then go online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users