Quantcast

» «
Photo

Any good scary/Horror games to recommend?

21 replies to this topic
Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

So so far I've played a few resident evil games and some game called like "Amnesia" or something like that. Pretty cool games. But just wanted to know: any other good like "Horror/Scary" video games you guys would recommend?? Thanks

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

X.Y.U.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:09 AM

Maybe not exactly horrifying, but LIMBO is quite unsettling to play. It's a side-scrolling puzzle-platformer and you encounter various monsters and environmental hazards along the way. Definitely recommended if you like games that don't explain everything.

• KilnerLUFC likes this

Rockstargames32490
  • Rockstargames32490

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

Maybe not exactly horrifying, but LIMBO is quite unsettling to play. It's a side-scrolling puzzle-platformer and you encounter various monsters and environmental hazards along the way. Definitely recommended if you like games that don't explain everything.

Yeah just googled that now. May have to check that one out! Thanks for the advice!

fashion
  • fashion

is math related to science?

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:20 AM Edited by fashion, 23 September 2017 - 09:04 AM.

Until Dawn is the best horror game I've ever played but I haven't played many. Also, it's a PS4 exclusive that was free a few months ago for psplus subscribers.

Edit: I take it back, Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice is my favorite actually. It's more psychological, mystic horror though.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Until Dawn (Agree with fashion. This is one of the best horror games you'll ever play)
Outlast
The Evil Within
The Last Of Us
Alien: Isolation
  • Hit by Lightning likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

consoles or pc?

The suffering is a great survival horror game and it is also now available on GOG.com. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is another great horror game. If they are available for consoles then you should definitely check them out.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

If you liked Amnnesia: The Dark Descent (the first one, not Machine for Pigs), I can recommend the Penumbra games. Both series are made by the same guys and are excellent horror games. If I recall correctly, you can find the three Penumbra games on Steam, for a few bucks each.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

I haven't played it yet, but Observer looks super freaky:

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Dead Space
Condemned 1&2
Outlast 1&2 plus the DLC

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

^ I definitely recommend Dead Space. Especially the first one of the trilogy. It has a great atmosphere with it and plenty of "OH sh*t! OH sh*t! OH sh*t! RUN FASTER YOU F*CK!" moments.

With the right mods, Fallout 4 can make for a great horror game.

Dying Light is a fun one to play. Especially when it's night time in the game and having to go across the map to get to an objective.
  • Mister Pink and Actlikeyouknow like this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

If you have an Xbox One and a gold subscription, pick up Oxenfree while it's still free. I just finished it and it was one of my favorites now, the characters are well written and acted, the story kept me going until the very end, and the game gets genuinely creepy at times, with a few well placed jumpscares here and there to keep you on your toes. It's also out on PlayStation 4 and PC, so pick it up when you get the chance.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

Outlast, Outlast: Whistleblower, Outlast 2, Layers Of Fear, Slender: The Arrival, Dead Space, Resident Evil 7, The Evil Within, Alien: Isolation.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:26 AM Edited by Stormingz, 25 September 2017 - 02:27 AM.

Both of the Condemned games are one of the best horror games made hands down. Although they're from the older generation of consoles (PS3 and 360) there aren't many games that do the first person survival horror right, but imo, they nail everything in those games, atmosphere, sound, combat. If you haven't already, these games are a must play.
  • Actlikeyouknow likes this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

Alan Wake.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

No love for Silent Hill?

First one is the best IMO.

• Stormingz and mrgstrings like this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

you might wanna check out the first Silent Hill game. that's prob. the most scary game Ive ever played in my childhood

• mrgstrings likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

Alan Wake.

If the gameplay had been a little better then yeah, I'd agree with this, but too many times you found yourself trapped with no ammo at a load point. Ruined the experience for me tbh. And yes I understand what survival horror is.

Definitely vouch for Dead Space though, one of the rare games that has truly made me jump at times, especially in a dark room with headphones on.

YkrYkm
  • YkrYkm

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:54 AM

No love for Silent Hill?

First one is the best IMO.

To me is Silent Hill 4 The Room!

• Sloth- likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Just a quick reminder as forum ledby, we do have a Find or Reccommend Me A Game  topic but with Halloween coming up and the topic being instantly popular, I'm happy to keep it open as it's own topic. 

I would suggest Metro 2033 or Metro: Last Light. They aren't strict horrors. They're a fusion genre of first-person, post-apocalyptic, survival-horror. If you like great, immersive atmosphere in a game that can induce a creepy feelings, about a potential threat (nuclear disaster) the I would pick these games up. They've been remastered for current gen. They probably have the best graphics of a single player game I've played on Xbox One. 

They're highly rated by critics but the games are criminally underrated by popularity. They're gaming's best hidden secret. 

The basic premise is that a nuclear fallout has occurred. You are in Russia. The population have moved down to the Russian metro system to survive. The game takes you on an adventure through the metro system, from station to station and everywhere in between. Some missions on the surface too. It's not repetitive. I'm surprised how the game stays fresh and offers new challenges throughout. You fight bad guys and mutants. 

• Ciaran and Rotary like this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

I found SOMA to be quite the horror experience as well and that's coming from someone who's played a lot of horror/survival games, including Amnesia. Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Look up   "ZOMBI"  underrated game for sure

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain