Photo

Vehicle damage in GTA:Next

9 replies to this topic
raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by raebbitos, 4 weeks ago.

Vehicle damage has always been one of the most versatile features in the GTA series I say versatile because of the seemingly infinite ways that a car can be deformed ( at least in the HD universe) and in turn affect gameplay like handling in chases ,but damage by bullets was always pretty much the same , shoot a the engine enough and it will catch on fire or at the gas tank to leak or catch on fire as well, and the car's body has always been bullet proof to some extent wich is unrealistic and removes tension from the game ,if Rockstar would make the cars' bodies destructable from bullets it would create an interesting turn on gameplay, obviously you can negate this by buying armour  for your car and this time it would have a real purpouse instead of "less deformation" that it achieves in GTA V, pretty much you could shoot people through the car's body wich would do like ,let's be generous and say 25% less damage when shot through the car's body rather than through the window.

Now shotguns would be even more devastating to a car since you can ,with a wide enough range, take out four passengers with a single shot, in theory of course.

and getting in cover would only be effective if you stay behind the engine ,you could take advangtage of this by shooting through the body to a target that may be outside the car.

Let me know what you think about this.

• Algonquin Assassin and DOUGL4S1 like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 4 weeks ago.

I like this idea. Car doors are not good at stopping heavier bullets without armor, so maybe a thing where they're effective against lighter bullets, like pistols, but they'd get shot through by heavier ammo like rifles.

I also would love if cars didn't simply explode when shot at, I think it would be cool if a car simply burned until the fire damaged the engine or the fuel tank, so if you get hit by a molotov or something while driving, the fire would slowly spread until your car would be engulfed by flames, specially the interior, until killing the driver, before the car explodes. As for cars without fuel, they'd simply burn without exploding. This would give fire a more realistic feel and it would make fire extinguishers way more useful.

• j7n, Supermario401 and raebbitos like this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Welcome to the real North Korea

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Car damage in GTA VI should be similar to IV's.

• Algonquin Assassin and Pink Pineapple like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I am not the fan of the damage system in GTA IV. The cars used to break down easily which was something I really didn't like it. I find the damage system in GTA V to be spot on with an acceptable level of tolerance for damage. If you are going to further increase the damage system by making the vehicles more vulnerable to bullets, then I'm not comfortable with this at all. It will have an impact on the fun of driving my customized cars and losing them pretty easily.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Car damage in GTA VI should be similar to IV's.

https://www.youtube....L5rvDYQNs&gl=US

The only thing I like about GTA V's damage physics is that parts can fly off. Other than that it feels like you're driving an Abrams tank that barely gets a dent/scratch.

Which is odd considering how easy they blow up if you drive them off a mountain. Too many inconsistencies IMO.
  • .Bach, SchizNitz, Pink Pineapple and 2 others like this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by raebbitos, 4 weeks ago.

I am not the fan of the damage system in GTA IV. The cars used to break down easily which was something I really didn't like it. I find the damage system in GTA V to be spot on with an acceptable level of tolerance for damage. If you are going to further increase the damage system by making the vehicles more vulnerable to bullets, then I'm not comfortable with this at all. It will have an impact on the fun of driving my customized cars and losing them pretty easily.

you misinterpreted my point I didnt say make cars more vurnerable to bullets, I said make bullets go through the car's body, cars wont explode if you shoot them in the doors and roof, and as I said you can negate this by buying armor.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You guys ever play a carmageddon game? Well, that's the kind of damage system I want for GTA 6. And I don't want it because it'll punish players for driving fast or any of that sh*t, I want it because it'll make smashing into other cars on purpose more fun. Because that's what I play GTA for. Fun.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Versous, 3 weeks ago.

If the game will be cross-gen Ps4/PS5 I can see additional physics added to next-gen version Due to big jump in CPU power. they should def build upon GTA IV in terms of damage and handling. GTA V driving was fun too but i like the weight and realism IV a bit more.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gta IV Damage Physic's that's all i gotta say 

Charlottes
  • Charlottes

911SC girl

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think it'd be a pretty good balance if the panels and bumpers dented fairly easily, to a point, while actual mechanical damage takes a noticeably harder impact to make happen.

P3AJrgC.png

Here's a diagram to explain what i mean if it wasn't clear, a realistic non vital outer layer, and then a not as realistic inner area that houses the vital components and doesnt deform as much unless the car is in an accident that destroys it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users