Quantcast

» «
Photo

There a way to make the Bombushka useful?

66 replies to this topic
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gaffa™, 3 weeks ago.

I think what's confusing here is the speed - bombs are falling slower than you expect - I was able to outrun my own bomb with a dive.

Nah they way it was tested, I was simply waiting to see the the explosion. It was done with two different PC accounts and two different screens, both controlled by me in the same privatised session. Some bombs could be seen by the 2nd account player on the 2nd screen falling right on top of the player but then just disappearing without any effect, other times the bomb had already disappeared. The only thing I can recall doing before testing that was having dropped a lot of bombs already prior to the altitude testing, and that I was right over Fort Zancudo, about a 10 second sprint away from the hangar.

Could it be that there's something (a script) that despawns the bombs purposefully when you're over X altitude at Fort Zancudo and LSIA, when there's another player in there/ near their hangar, as an attempt to prevent people abusing that mechanic? I noticed that both YT videos posted on the previous page didn't have another player in Ft.Zancudo nor in LSIA, but I've not done any testing on it yet to see if there is anything at play. 

• AH-6_BirdTurd likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

You don't use the Bombushka because it's useful.

You use it because it's hilarious  :lol:

It also seems to attract a lot of random player stupidity for some reason, because I seem to get a lot of people trying to crash into me:

• AH-6_BirdTurd likes this

AH-6_BirdTurd
  • AH-6_BirdTurd

Whirly Bird

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think what's confusing here is the speed - bombs are falling slower than you expect - I was able to outrun my own bomb with a dive.

Nah they way it was tested, I was simply waiting to see the the explosion. It was done with two different PC accounts and two different screens, both controlled by me in the same privatised session. Some bombs could be seen by the 2nd account player on the 2nd screen falling right on top of the player but then just disappearing without any effect, other times the bomb had already disappeared. The only thing I can recall doing before testing that was having dropped a lot of bombs already prior to the altitude testing, and that I was right over Fort Zancudo, about a 10 second sprint away from the hangar.

Could it be that there's something (a script) that despawns the bombs purposefully when you're over X altitude at Fort Zancudo and LSIA, when there's another player in there/ near their hangar, as an attempt to prevent people abusing that mechanic? I noticed that both YT videos posted on the previous page didn't have another player in Ft.Zancudo nor in LSIA, but I've not done any testing on it yet to see if there is anything at play. 
Good point about the player owning a hanger. Last night I had the bomb disappearing glitch thing happen. I had to drop altitude all the way down to like 500ft, to get them to work again. Then I climbed back up to 2000ft and they worked just fine again. Try dropping a bomb or two at low altitude, after take off. Then climb up high and see if they show up. I got a feeling this will help with your situation. If not, I'm not sure whats going on with your bombs lol.

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well at around 900ft ASL they either de-spawned or didn't affect the player on the ground, for me at least. The strange thing was, sometimes the other player saw the bomb dropping, but it didn't do anything (not even an explosion), other times it looked like it continued dropping through the ground. 

A player could just fly at the height limit, off the radar, destroying everyone below them once they had enough practice and wouldn't even have to worry about being shot down. I know the game's a mess, but I do struggle with that concept, as there's nothing to counter that. 

moving slowly on a faggio erratically would pretty much counter it

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TankGirl, 3 weeks ago.

Well for hanger decor maybe placing it up front as a statement piece would be best, that's pretty much it.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

After spending a couple hours today with a friend in the gunner seat running around harassing people online, I have to say I am extremely surprised at how useful the turrets on are on this thing.

My gunner literally killed more people with the chin turret than I killed with the bombs. This even included an APC and a tank, since you can fly high enough to stay out of their gun range while still staying within range of your own turrets. You can even do a constant pylon turn AC-130 style to keep people pinned down, and at any altitude you can tilt the plane to the side to give your gunner a constant field of fire on their target from the same turret.

We even bagged a couple of airborne Hydras with the tail turret who were chasing us - although a good gunner and proper timing of flares is an absolute must to ensure you survive the lock-on rockets and kill them before they get in their gun range.

The only real hazards are explosive heavy snipers (which you can run away from, and can't kill you before you can escape) and getting attacked with barrages of lock-on missiles that can be fired faster than you can deploy flares - chaff countermeasures would probably deal with that threat a bit better, though.

• Gridl0k likes this

gnomefromnome
  • gnomefromnome

to each his gnome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not sure if this is mentioned, but I hear if you're in formation, you will match the speed of the lead plane.

• Gridl0k likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users