Make prefix required in forum "Find Lobbies & Players"

5 replies to this topic
Lukathum
  • Lukathum

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do you think it's a good idea to make prefixes required for topics in the forum Find Lobbies & Players? The prefixs can be PS4, PS3, XBOX, PC, and so...

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think it's a good idea, but I imagine it would be quite hard to enforce without automated detection and deletion of invalid titles.

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think it's a good idea, but I imagine it would be quite hard to enforce without automated detection and deletion of invalid titles.

I think what the OP means is, The topic won't post until you choose a prefix.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think what the OP means is, The topic won't post until you choose a prefix.

Ah, that would be much better. I'm not sure how the server software works at all though, so it might not be possible to do this. It would be really good though.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

There isn't a function to add within the forum software, to require a tag or keyword before posting.  There may be an option to create an add-on script which could do this; however, given GTAForums history with custom add-ons it would be unlikely.  Trust me, for some of us older members, we remember when GTAForums was the home of the 504.

Whilst most of the topics do have the platform in the title, they mainly have it in the opening post.  I appreciate that this is a few extra click/taps, but with the above in mind, it wouldn't be worth the risk to add this into the forum.

However, thank you for your suggestion.

• Arrow likes this

JustHatched
  • JustHatched

Domestic Battery Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

There isn't a function to add within the forum software, to require a tag or keyword before posting.  There may be an option to create an add-on script which could do this; however, given GTAForums history with custom add-ons it would be unlikely.  Trust me, for some of us older members, we remember when GTAForums was the home of the 504.

Whilst most of the topics do have the platform in the title, they mainly have it in the opening post.  I appreciate that this is a few extra click/taps, but with the above in mind, it wouldn't be worth the risk to add this into the forum.

However, thank you for your suggestion.

If they would upgrade this sitem to version 4 then there is an add on that will exactly what the OP is asking. It easy to setup and use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users