Skylift in the future ?

8 replies to this topic
Hunter24
  • Hunter24

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Few days ago i have do the delivery mission of the hangar and i have descover this curiuos helicopter . However curently i dont see the interest for this helicopter . The cargobob can carry cars and in some case containers .

PS : This is not a dislike post

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's one of the oldest aircraft in GTAV/Online.  It played a key role in the Story of V.

It probably won't be added as a ownable vehicle as (so I've heard) it wasn't modeled to have a passenger.  It should be a three-seater, but the third "cargomaster" seat isn't accessible.

It can lift without a hook (via cutscenes) but it's as slow as the Tug in Online.  I don't think it was as slow in the story when you had to use it to move... stuff.

• Gaffa™, Skeve613, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and 1 other like this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah and what about the unarmed Buzzard? Surely that could've been added when it was shown off with a red paintjob and incorrectly advertised as the Havok. Makes me wonder why they don't see these sort of opportunities. Still waiting for that Lost Slamvan too. 

I think the delivery version in Online is nerfed for speed, a bit like some of the planes on source missions. So not only are some of these missions/ sales long in the first place, but they're made worse by whatever script(s) Rockstar implemented to speed-limit the vehicles. 

• Goingcrowd9 and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hunter and Skylift are the only things I wanted. I'm very pissed by delivery missions, I expected at least the Skylift would occupy a proeminent place like Titan with Special Cargo and we could customize the delivery vehicle via a red desk, and make it as valuable as upgraded CEO Titan/Cuban 800.

I don't even enjoy helping peoples with their Smuggler deliveries because the probability to get fun-and-cool craps like Stunt Planes, ultralight BS or ridiculous thing called Havoc are proeminent over logistically relevant, decent vehicles like Cargobob and Skylift.

Sorry for the BM.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Skylift is about half a notch above PostOp vans on the Unbearable Dullness Meter, you couldn't pay me enough to clutter my hangar with it.
  • Goingcrowd9 and J-Scott-D like this

Hunter24
  • Hunter24

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Rockstar have manage to find a usefull way to make money with the cargobob ( car delivery ) . Maybe one day we will have to move special container wit hskylift

• Goingcrowd9 and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PNutterSammich, 4 weeks ago.

The future? Like....IN THE YEAR 2000?!?

ul5p1uh.jpg

pooprope
  • pooprope

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wish I could cargobob the skylift for that sell mission.
  • ash-274 likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wish I could cargobob the skylift for that sell mission.

On the return trip with the second Skylift I genuinely considered landing on the train and letting it ferry me back.  Longer route but twice the speed.

The Skylift has a huge rotor disk, so even if it stayed on the train without exploding, everything near the tracks would hit it.

I just reviewed my video of that sell mission and I'm glad Rockstar programmed it like they did: my second container hit the barge on target (and counted as delivered) but bounced over the barge wall and ended up in the water

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users