Quantcast

» «
Photo

Taking GTAO Updates in a new direction - Anyone else think we've had far more than enough competitive/PVP game modes?

83 replies to this topic
LarcenousUrsine
  • LarcenousUrsine

Heists Pt.2 Are A Unicorn

• Van Society
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

#contactmissionsexuality
This should be a thing :lol:

PvExuality!
  • REXX, Arrows to Athens, zoso80 and 3 others like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

I did agree, we are in need of more PvE. I do crates, I/E, MC to earn my money. Bunker only for research. Heists are -most to my regret- rare.

I have the impression, that we often play alone in a bunch of people. Everybody is focused on his biz (doesn't matter if trolling or grinding) but only in rare cases we work really together in a full session. No cartel like structures, no real MCs.

As the first office appears in GTA O I thought: Oh great, something like a faction an in game crew (a guild like in fantasy games) but no only a hire and fire and forget group.

What about changes in this aspect?

You have to decide if you want to be a CEO or an MC-Boss and then you are a CEO or MC-Boss. Not both. To found a company, you need al least two other members, willing to join permanently. And may be you are allowed to be Leader of one company (or MC) and member of 2 others.

How about higher shares for your company members and the possibility to give permanent ranks? And then at least the possibility to do something like alliances with other MCs and Companies or to set them as hostile. Maybe this would bring some balance to Los Santos.

And yes... less PvP mor PvE

And why not an naval DLC with an abandoned aircraft carrier as base for new trade or missions?

• CUTS3R likes this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

What's the point of PvE when the ai is ridiculously easy to beat? 

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

What's the point of PvE when the ai is ridiculously easy to beat? 

Make them more difficult to kill maybe? Like the terminator NPCs in I/E, but not exactly as overpowered as them. Besides, the point isn't even how hard/easy it is to kill the A.I, it's the co-operative play with other real life folks to achieve an objective in-game that makes PvE content feel more structured and engaging than mindless pvp.

Making new pve content brings scripted scenarios as well as (possible) cutscenes and dialogue, all making for a far more immersive experience than pvp. That's why we prefer pve content, how hard/easy it is to kill A.I is hardly a concern (a little maybe in the case of terminator NPCs). Rockstar just needs to strike a balance with them.
  • Silencer555, Opzeker, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 4 others like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

execute me (haha giddit)

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Give me new contact jobs / VIP work and I'll be a happy camper.

• REXX and BerylB like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I always enjoy reading your succinct posts, elfroam.

Right on the button with this one you are.

The gaming industry is moving away from content driven to recurrent monetization.  It's going to get a whole lot worse I think. 

Then there will be a gaming industry crash ala 1983. It'll be because the 20% that do macrotransactions stop buying and the 80% got so fed up they left.

That day is coming.

It would be great and it was GTAO's original intention but once the cash started waving around they changed everything to PVP, it makes them a lot more money. Unfortunate but the game has been sacrificed for the money, they care nothing about the game and it's legacy at all.

• Rafae and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

budcat
  • budcat

Clam Digger

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by budcat, 4 weeks ago.

Then there will be a gaming industry crash ala 1983. It'll be because the 20% that do macrotransactions stop buying and the 80% got so fed up they left.

That day is coming.

You are right about this.  It is coming soon.  A few years ago the industry looked invincible and now it's looking weaker by the day.  It has a familiar ring to it.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

PvP generates shark card revenue for Rockstar. Nothing makes you want an Oppressor more than having your crates blown up by one. They need you angry because angry people do stupid things, like throw away their paychecks for fake in-game cash.

• gpm45 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't think we need another thread veering into microtransaction discussion ;)

Thanks!
  • Spadge, Voodoo-Hendrix and Darkwing_F like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

All this "R* will not change anything" is really annoy me - I have to read it far to often. We are discussing if we want to have more of something (in this particular thread PvE) and really in most of the threads right after 1 page latest the statement reads "R* will not change it due to sh*cards". That might be true. But this is, from my point of view, not really important and not the objective of the thread.

Did YOU folks want more PvE or not. That is the question. Not if R* will act according to it.

Sorry for this. Hope I have not been too rude.

• Rafae, The Ost and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I want to do gangsta sh*t, not executive desk jobs. It's GTA with gangs for fecks sake. Reason why I'm bored in general as every update is full of expensive vehicles that mobsters would normally use.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Spadge, 4 weeks ago.

I think almost everyone here agrees with you. GTA:Online has a lot more of potential going into a MMO & RP direction rather than free roam RDMs.

The open world and RPG mechanics call for it. They just have to be exploited. There is a lot of gold to be struck in these depths.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix and Darkwing_F like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA:Online can really be great. After 5 days full of trolls nearby I enjoyed a weekend full of nice action with great people. And it would have been nice, to have some more (new) missions to fulfill with a nice revenue besides doing business.

And yes, there is a lot of potential.

HKGTS
  • HKGTS

Aussie Muscle

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HKGTS, 4 weeks ago.

I left GTA months ago with all this pvp microtransaction bs.

I'll come back when they introduce skiing down mt chilliad during the Christmas Snow Update.
  • budcat and BerylB like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

next up in gta online

new missions locked to 6 people, if someone leaves you get booted to freeroam.

no team lives and no restarts

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes!

More PvE, less PvP, we have more than enough.

I'll rather team up with other players that going against them.

Less Terminator NPCs, more weaker but numerous NPCs to compensate. The NPCs in Gunrunning were actually balanced on foot. Not too hard but challenging enough.

Contact Missions, Heists, hell, at this point I'll take more Lamar missions or missions that aren't locked behind a paywall that the broken mess that is PvP in this game.
  • REXX, The-Irish-Hunter, CUTS3R and 1 other like this

gpm45
  • gpm45

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

yes, anything but more adversary modes.  I think it has sucked the life out of the game by making it one annoying hurdle to cross after another.  I bought an office, I bought a club house, I bought a bunker but each thing doesn't add much fun to it and completing the milestones is tiresome because everything is designed for other players to prevent you from doing it, unless you invest so much money that you have all the toys to protect yourself. On the plus side I am now saving lots of money because after buying a bunker I am not spending any money anymore. 

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Prenihility
  • Prenihility

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Prenihility, 4 weeks ago.

Keep in mind guys... Things that aren't PVP don't just mean PVE. The first thing that comes to mind when it comes to general GAMEPLAY is PVE. Yes. BUT, they really should take this opportunity and change of pace to add some much needed finesse to multiple facets of the game.

@Quinn_flower for example. There is an entire realm of problems to solve in the clothing and style area of GTA Online. This is one thing to be tackled. A perfect way of executing this is thinking outside the Playskool/Fisher Price box of "shoot first and... well, shoot some more". Someone suggested a Nightlife update. BRILLIANT. Add some more hairstyles. New stylish clothing. Add back in clothing that was removed. Change the way layering of clothing works and how clothing is worn, etc.

Car modifications another. Just working out the little issues in this area because there aren't necessarily any features missing or any actual problems like there are in clothing. More cars need to have some basic basics in terms of modification options. A lot of cars are missing exhausts, for example.

Going back to that PVE/general gameplay that isn't PVP. Some Boss-type  AI enemies would be great. Someone also suggested a Hunting DLC. I think i do remember hunting being an activity originally to be included with GTAO. I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan... but i have to admit that sometimes this game can really be intoxicating in how nice it looks when you're out in Blaine County or Paleto Forest, away from all the traffic and the cities. Sometimes i think i'm playing Skyrim for a second.

And what happened to the Stock Market?

If one thing could summarize GTAOs breadth of activities or level of intelligence in those activities, it's probably the generic-cookie cutter weapons/gunplay which have different models, different sound effects. Some fire a little slower, some fire a little faster... but at the end of the day, it's painfully mediocre. Driving on the other hand? Especially in the Enhanced GTAV. Pretty darn impressive. And considering the sound effects are purely improvisational from my understanding. They aren't recording car sounds. Very impressive, for sure.

I just don't see any more appeal here within a 1 year time frame other than from 14 year-olds if things don't start changing.

• Commander S and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm all for more co-op modes etc. But it's worth pointing out GTA IV had supreme PVP modes. They are just not done well in GTA V's Online. Lobbies are broken up into single maps rather than game mode types - which was a colossal mistake as it divides the player base far more than necessary.

But more I suspect it's because a good PVP mode does nothing for mircotransactions. You can't introduce new vehicles and bought weapons into a competitive mode without severely unbalancing it - so the shark card funded stuff has to stay if Free Roam. Which you'll notice is where R* have put the majority of the effort in recently.

• Rafae, Arrows to Athens, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm all for more co-op modes etc. But it's worth pointing out GTA IV had supreme PVP modes. They are just not done well in GTA V's Online. Lobbies are broken up into single maps rather than game mode types - which was a colossal mistake as it divides the player base far more than necessary.

But more I suspect it's because a good PVP mode does nothing for mircotransactions. You can't introduce new vehicles and bought weapons into a competitive mode without severely unbalancing it - so the shark card funded stuff has to stay if Free Roam. Which you'll notice is where R* have put the majority of the effort in recently.

I wish they would add Cops n' Crooks into this game. What the f*ck are they doing over there?

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I support for mini DLCs without any business attached. Why not improving existing content with missions, vehicles, map extension (isle), environment improvements, etc? The game can be much bigger with its own existing content, but R* never looks back.

• theNGclan likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'll take any PvE mission, even something like Lamar's. I don't care about the pay, I just want more PvE content. The I/E and Gun Running special vehicle missions are some of the best game modes added since Heists!

Anything but more lazy sh*t PvP Crapversary modes! Seriously, anybody wanting to host a job in the middle has to scroll a very f*cking long time through the Adversary mode list.

• theNGclan, xDatxJunkyx and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'll take any PvE mission, even something like Lamar's. I don't care about the pay, I just want more PvE content. The I/E and Gun Running special vehicle missions are some of the best game modes added since Heists!

Anything but more lazy sh*t PvP Crapversary modes! Seriously, anybody wanting to host a job in the middle has to scroll a very f*cking long time through the Adversary mode list.

I wish we had interiors like GTA 4s

Imagine doing contact missions inside an apartment complex or something . . . LS seems very empty. 

• Voodoo-Hendrix and Prenihility like this

Prenihility
  • Prenihility

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wish we had interiors like GTA 4s

Imagine doing contact missions inside an apartment complex or something . . . LS seems very empty. 

Ahhh... Interiors. I miss the IAA building. Used to go in there ALL THE TIME on PS3. Doesn't work on PC. And the police station. I like to chill in the FIB Building now. But yes.... a truly living world. Again, more reason for an MMO-like model! Being able to trade, talk to NPCs in the city. Giggity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users