The Unofficial "Hmm, What Should I Buy?" Thread, Vehicles Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by jwdrinkwaterjr, 3 weeks ago.

Hello, and welcome to "Hmm, What Should I Buy?" I will be perusing the internet for frequently asked questions regarding vehicle choices, posting them here, and giving the GTAF community the opportunity to answer.
The goal is to form definitive popular opinion regarding situations where a purchase comes down to "Should I buy X or Y".

Allow me to illustrate:

Q: I want an entry level armored vehicle. I only have a million dollars. Should I buy the Insurgent or Duke o Death?

A:Popular opinion is that the Insurgent is superior to the Duke o Death. The DOD is faster, and has a coolness factor of 10/10, but the Insurgent has more ramming power, protects its occupants more from bullets, and can tank more explosions. The Insurgent is more expensive, but the marginal difference in cost is generally accepted as worth it.

Got it? Good. With any luck we will be able to eventually cut down on the weekly amount of separate threads with this sort of theme.
I will begin posting questions below, and after a period of time will close that question by asking a new one.

I want a weaponized vehicle. Should I buy an Insurgent pickup or weaponized Tampa?

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well the tampas weaponry is useable alone. You fan add unguided missiles, rear mortar and turn the fixed single minigun into a 360º moveable dualminigunturret that shreds trough everything there is. However, it offers zero protection against bullets and explosives.

The insurgent pickup on the other hand is only really effective with 2 people in it.
The pegasus version only has the regular gun but this is changeable to a 50 cal minigun on the pickup custom. It offers good protection against explosives and a medium protection against bullets (the windows are pretty small but not resitant in any way).

Both vehicles have their pros and cons. If you are a lone wolf the tampa is probably the better choice for you if you mostly have a buddy with you the insurgent is probably the better choice.
  • jwdrinkwaterjr likes this

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I want a bulletproof car. Should I buy an Armored Kuruma, or an Armored XLS?

B4T4LI4
  • B4T4LI4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Really depends on what you want with it. For pve the kuruma is simply king since AI will hardly use explosions against you so you're pretty much impenetrable. The XLS however will tank 1 explosion but bullets will eventually penetrate the windows of it. For pvp however I consider the XLS a better choice.

jwdrinkwaterjr
  • jwdrinkwaterjr

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I want a helicopter. Should I buy the Buzzard or Savage?

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

go for the Kuruma ,it s the best bulletproof vehicle in the game . the windows are bulletproof and it s very very hard to hit the driver through them ( pity that it can´t survive a single RPG, but we are talking about Bullets here , not RPGs right? )

I want a helicopter. Should I buy the Buzzard or Savage?

now that the savage is buffed , I´d go for it . It can survive 1 RPG now . the Buzzard is more agile and faster , but you can´t ignore the fire rate & explosive rounds of the Savage

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago

A thread for this exact purpose was already made, and even had a last post this year. Feel free to bump it :)

http://gtaforums.com...-advice-thread/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users